SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-20, 04:29 PM   #12886
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

@Vecko

When you get time, can you please upload somewhere TWoS versions of sh.sdl, flag.dat and names.cfg?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 04:31 PM   #12887
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 349
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
It is not that. I have the problem as well, I think it is something like smoke artifacts from the effects mod.
No not really it can't be ruled because you have the same issue.Have you tried with another monitor ? Looking at the video provided I can see what looks like a shadow of a crew member fading from the left which looks like ghosting to me it may not be related to a specific monitor and can have a multitude of reason why this occurs and not necessarily a monitor issue. I would of expected more users to experience it if it was that, Easiest way to tell is to try another monitor or connect a laptop to one. Its not impossible it could be artifacting from smoke mod but it needs ruling out in my opinion
Old 01-26-20, 06:53 PM   #12888
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224

Thanks for your opinions guys, but I still think it has something to do with smoke effects, possibly I'm using nVidia DSR resolution and also I'm limiting my framerate to a certain value since without any frame cap I find the mouse control absolutely unbereable and all over the place sometimes, plus I do like constant framerate throughout my game time. I have BenQ by the way so Dell theory not gonna work I'm afraid. It's 21:9, however I've been having these issues on a 16:9 panel as well.

And like I said this is very subtle what I captured, but I had situations with black bubbles on the horizon, or one HUGE and very unnaturaly looking black cloud, or rather a stain all across the horizon. When I go to an external camera and start approaching it, it starts fading away so you can never really get close to it. I guess it might be something with smoke effects (has the same color as smoke from the ships) and render distance....

And as I said before I've always had this issue with TWoS mod, very immersion breaking. Will keep my eyes peeled and try to capture further samples of this...

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 03:31 AM   #12889
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat View Post
Thanks for your opinions guys, but I still think it has something to do with smoke effects, possibly I'm using nVidia DSR resolution and also I'm limiting my framerate to a certain value since without any frame cap I find the mouse control absolutely unbereable and all over the place sometimes, plus I do like constant framerate throughout my game time. I have BenQ by the way so Dell theory not gonna work I'm afraid. It's 21:9, however I've been having these issues on a 16:9 panel as well.

And like I said this is very subtle what I captured, but I had situations with black bubbles on the horizon, or one HUGE and very unnaturaly looking black cloud, or rather a stain all across the horizon. When I go to an external camera and start approaching it, it starts fading away so you can never really get close to it. I guess it might be something with smoke effects (has the same color as smoke from the ships) and render distance....

And as I said before I've always had this issue with TWoS mod, very immersion breaking. Will keep my eyes peeled and try to capture further samples of this...
I haves seen this in both modded and un-modded versions of the game. I have found it appears less to run the game with video card settings at default settings and only turn the "perfer maximum performance on". I also get much smoother framerates with these settings which run from 80 to 105 or so depending on if I am in port or not. I also use Reshade and my graphics mod which is in the downloads section. My video card is Nvidia 1050ti Here is a link to some screenshots using Reshade ver 4.52 https://imgur.com/gallery/6OZ0aLA
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 08:14 AM   #12890
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
@Vecko

When you get time, can you please upload somewhere TWoS versions of sh.sdl, flag.dat and names.cfg?
Sure...http://www.mediafire.com/file/xjz9r8...Files.rar/file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat View Post

It's a stock game graphical glitch and from what I know it can not be fixed...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 10:30 AM   #12891
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Files received, thank you!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 01:12 PM   #12892
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

I just experienced my first circle running torpedo.
THANKFULLY that circle running torpedo was also a dud and did not explode when it slammed into the side of my sub
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 05:43 PM   #12893
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

I have just released a Video showing how to use the Ausdampfverfahren

It helps to hit the target without measuring speed or AOB.
Good for beginners and experienced Kaleuns alike.

Enjoy

Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 08:36 PM   #12894
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Playing with 2.2.17, I noted the new environment, for my taste, is not so candy as the previous incarnations (until 2.2.16). Of course, it is my taste and for many people the new environment could be very nice. I prefer the water and the dawns/dusks of previous version. The actual could be more realistic, but also it seems a little boring to me.

So, please Vecko, if you can add an optional mod with the previous (until 2.2.16) environment in the next release, I´ll be very grateful and happy.

BTW, the game is highly stable, no problems, 463 savegames/reloads with 2.2.17.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-20, 08:39 AM   #12895
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Playing with 2.2.17, I noted the new environment, for my taste, is not so candy as the previous incarnations (until 2.2.16). Of course, it is my taste and for many people the new environment could be very nice. I prefer the water and the dawns/dusks of previous version. The actual could be more realistic, but also it seems a little boring to me.

So, please Vecko, if you can add an optional mod with the previous (until 2.2.16) environment in the next release, I´ll be very grateful and happy.

BTW, the game is highly stable, no problems, 463 savegames/reloads with 2.2.17.

Fitzcarraldo
No problems Fitz. I'll have to track down files I've replaced and modified which will take some time, but I'll do it...
Old 01-29-20, 09:20 AM   #12896
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
No problems Fitz. I'll have to track down files I've replaced and modified which will take some time, but I'll do it...
Many thanks! For the next update. No urgency!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 01-30-20, 10:14 AM   #12897
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Default Searching home

I´m having this problem with the "end patrol" function:

WA chapter: departure from Kiel, Type VIIC/41. March 23-1941. Free hunt, no mission requested in bunker.

40.000 tons sunk. 75% hull integrity, obs scope destroyed - 0% - TDC destroyed - 0%.

100% realism except external view and real nav.

On April 15 I received a BDU radio message for a new appointment in St. Nazaire. KSD registered this new base.

With the TDC destroyed, I decided to return to my (I supposed) new base: St. Nazaire.

Arriving at St. Nazaire, entering port, with anchor options, I have only "refit" and "postpone". I don´t have the "end patrol" option (greyed).

OK. Patience...I decided to refit and go to my original departure port, Kiel.

First, I went to Lorient, no option for end patrol.

Arrived in Kiel on April 25, 1941, Kiel, also, don´t have the option for "end patrol". I started to feel me a homeless...Well, I go to Wilhelmshaven trough the Kanal.

In Wilhelshaven now, April 26, 1941. No "end patrol" option...

Decided to go to St. Nazaire, but it seems BDU doesn´t want to receive me.

What is the issue? Could I touch something in the Savegames folder to activate the end patrol option? My original base (Kiel), amd my appointed base (St. Nazaire) don´t want to end my patrol. My boat is damaged. Don´t tell me I´m dead and became the Fliegende Holländer...

From CareerTrack.UPC:

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusSave 382]
ID=ID
Reason=CSS_PatrolStart
NameDisplayable=U-69
CurrentDate=1941-03-20 15:00:00
UniqueID=-6439832042820345715
Title=
Text=
EntryStatus=2
DepartureBaseIDLink=F4Kiel
DepartureFlotillaIDLink=6thFlotilla
ObjectiveTypesAssigned=

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusSave 383]
ID=ID
Reason=CSS_BaseChange
NameDisplayable=
CurrentDate=1941-04-15 00:00:00
UniqueID=0
Title=
Text=
EntryStatus=0
BaseIDLink=F4StNazaire

Fitzcarraldo

Last edited by fitzcarraldo; 01-30-20 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-30-20, 03:00 PM   #12898
Muckenberg
Planesman

Downloads: 527

Greetings Fitz
Did I understand that you were using the VIIC / 41 in 1941?
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-20, 04:44 PM   #12899
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckenberg View Post
Greetings Fitz
Did I understand that you were using the VIIC / 41 in 1941?
It is boat with the Turm of a VIIC/41. I selected the Turm when WA starts. Two levels of Kindergarten with two flaks. No snorkel.

https://imgur.com/a/yHtMn9F

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Last edited by fitzcarraldo; 01-30-20 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-30-20, 05:06 PM   #12900
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
It is boat with the Turm of a VIIC/41. I selected the Turm when WA starts. Two levels of Kindergarten with two flaks.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

And which port have submarine icon on your nav map? You should go there. There really shouldn't be any problems regarding these stuff...Sometimes save/reload is necessary if docking menu doesn't pop-up, but this is very rare from my experience...