SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-21, 12:51 PM   #6046
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 03:05 PM   #6047
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Wow! I would invest my entire stimulus funds on this project if it was offered as an investment that is.

The future is not in microchips, but in face mask that tell on you

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/re...&ocid=BingNews

Researchers are developing stickers for masks to detect COVID

Quote:
As COVID-19 continues to spread, researchers are looking for new and creative ways to help detect and manage cases. A team at the University of California San Diego is developing something to help do just that: a color-changing sticker.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 04:30 PM   #6048
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I waited for something like this forming up.

They all should line up in the cues in their respective countries. Especially the commission members. They blew it, they should not be allowed to elevate themselves above the consequences of their failure.
Old 01-24-21, 12:55 PM   #6049
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-24-21, 12:57 PM   #6050
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-24-21, 01:01 PM   #6051
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

More than 25 million cases of coronavirus have now been confirmed across the United States.

Experts say the true number is likely to be higher. More than 417,500 in the US have died with the virus.

The daily number of deaths has exceeded 4,000 in recent weeks - including on Wednesday when Joe Biden was sworn into office.

President Biden signed a raft of new measures last week, including boosting vaccinations and testing.

He has implored Americans to wear masks and warned the death toll could get much worse.

"Let me be clear - things will continue to get worse before they get better," he said.

President Biden's efforts follow widespread criticism of the Trump administration's handling of the pandemic.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55784361

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105

Old 01-24-21, 02:06 PM   #6052
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-24-21, 03:25 PM   #6053
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
More than 25 million cases of coronavirus have now been confirmed across the United States.

Experts say the true number is likely to be higher. More than 417,500 in the US have died with the virus.

The daily number of deaths has exceeded 4,000 in recent weeks - including on Wednesday when Joe Biden was sworn into office.

President Biden signed a raft of new measures last week, including boosting vaccinations and testing.

He has implored Americans to wear masks and warned the death toll could get much worse.

"Let me be clear - things will continue to get worse before they get better," he said.

President Biden's efforts follow widespread criticism of the Trump administration's handling of the pandemic.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55784361

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105

Serious question:

Do you actually trust any of the statistics?

No one is denying that covid-19 is a new(er) strain of a coronavirus that makes people sick, hospitalizes quite a few, and also can result in deaths for some.

That having been said

1. We've heard reports of how "cases" have been reported this past year - and they're not reported the same way uniformly amongst each US state or each country.
2. Reports of cases likely being under-reported by places like China and Russia.
3. Reports of cases likely over-reported by the US and some other western democracies - and of the CDC at one point declaring that close association with a positive patient meant many many more people were declared "positive" without laboratory confirmation.

4. Indications that this has been around a lot longer than originally thought, with some reports that people were infected in early fall of 2019 - coupled with much larger numbers of influenza-like illnesses being reported in the 2017, 2018 and 2019 flu seasons.

5. Guidance from the WHO resulting in changes in what constitutes a positive case, in regards to PCR cycle times.
6. Common-sense thinking and the application of known science as to how covid-19 is transmitted, in light of how every other cold and flu virus is transmitted (regardless of infectiousness).
7. Strong indications that mask usage effectiveness is strongly dependent upon proper clinical training to avoid inadvertent contamination.
8. Multiple computer models all essentially being wrong to varying degrees.
9. Human nature, game theory, and chaos theory all at play together.
10. Previous world responses to Swine Flu, Hong Kong Flu, etc. and the effectiveness of those responses.

Any thoughts on what future studies 10 years from now are gonna say about this pandemic?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 09:18 AM   #6054
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Statistics are I think close to reality especially in the U.S. Sure there may be some difficult anomalies and human error. But our media and medical professionals make it pretty hard to conceal things.

Statistics mostly depends on who is doing the recording and how they record it. Take for instance the E.U.. Several weeks ago their Center for Disease Control reported over 427,000 dead. The following week a miracle happened and that number had dropped to 377,000 dead. All because the U.K. officially left the E.U. and were no longer counted by the European Union CDC. The only thing which changed were the names of the bean counters. People were still crisscrossing the channel in and out of Schengen and flying over the Atlantic just like before BREXIT.

But as of week two 2021 the number of dead in the E.U. total 425,618 with 17,906,888 infected

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-25-21 at 09:27 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 09:27 AM   #6055
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

In response to both of you above: I have numerous sites bookmarked and non of them match with even one of said sites so I tend to believe they are all little more than guesstimates or rough rules of thumb.

I doubt the true figures will ever be known but regardless of what set of figures anyone might prefer to believe, the simple consistent factor is there are far too many deaths.

Old 01-25-21, 09:39 AM   #6056
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tory MPs are asking the government to set out a "route map" for the reopening of schools in England.

Schools will be a priority but nobody would want restrictions lifted so quickly while the rate of infection is still very high, the prime minister says.

Labour Party leader Sir Keir Starmer is self-isolating after coming into contact with someone who has tested positive.

Prof Adam Finn, a member of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation, defends the UK's 12-week gap between first and second jabs.

Covid has exposed "tensions" between Westminster and the UK nations and regions, former PM Gordon Brown says.

Riot police in the Netherlands have clashed with protesters angry at new coronavirus restrictions.

Germany's health minister says the country has bought 200,000 doses of the experimental antibody treatment given to former US President Donald Trump when he was hospitalised for coronavirus in October. It would help to prevent some high-risk patients from developing severe complications, Jens Spahn told a German newspaper.

A number of EU countries have expressed frustration at production delays by two of the main vaccine manufacturers, Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca - with Italy saying such delay was unacceptable and warning it would take legal action against the two firms to secure agreed supplies.

Germany is now demanding negative test certificates (no more than 48 hours old) for thousands of cross-border workers coming from the Czech Republic - after the country was classed as a high-risk area - leading to criticism on the other side of the border for making the life of thousands of cross-border workers more difficult.

A third national lockdown will probably soon be needed in France, the country's top medical adviser says.

In Austria people must now wear air-filtering FFP2 masks in shops and on public transport.

Brazil began its national vaccination programme a week ago, but there are already reports of serious problems in the roll-out. Scientists say the country is close to running out of vaccine, syringes and other vital equipment, and they blame Jair Bolsonaro's government for the shortcomings.

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador has become the latest world leader to test positive for Covid-19.

Doctors in Zimbabwe have protested against a Twitter comment by the government spokesperson, who referred to them as "medical assassins" in the wake of the deaths of senior government officials from Covid-19.

Old 01-25-21, 09:52 AM   #6057
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-25-21, 09:53 AM   #6058
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-25-21, 10:20 AM   #6059
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Germany has just beaten the US in Corona infections, when it comes to percentage

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 10:29 AM   #6060
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Hooray - we won...! And needlessly...!!! Thats how it is done - playing the long game and holding a long breath to outlast the competition!

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan