SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Red Storm Rising
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-30-14, 01:57 AM   #1
jojotcb10
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default time on target wont finish?

Man am I upset. Im new to the game and this seemed like a tough mission. It took me 2 and a half hours of playing time. I set up in the launch area, set some waypoints around the sams to hit the airfield, launched all 12 of those suckers, and immediately took off at full speed out of the launch area probably 3 feet off the bottom the entire time launching quite a few counter measures as I had quite a few torpedos heading my way after launch. I was welllllll outside of the launch area when the tomahawks hit and knocked the airfield out. I looked at all the mission goals and everything said complete EXCEPT for leave the launch area. I had left the launch area before those suckers even hit as its a long journey to get to the airfield and I wasnt about to sit around waiting for all those torpedos to come my way. As soon as I launched I was flying out of there full speed. Why wont the mission end? I cant move on to the next one.
Old 09-30-14, 12:27 PM   #2
jojotcb10
Swabbie

I feel stupid. I had traveled so far outside of the launch area I thought I was good when I posted this. I saved and quit and just loaded the game and traveled about 25 yards before it said mission accomplished. I must have been just on the border of the trigger....great job making the mission as that was a lot of fun
Old 09-30-14, 12:54 PM   #3
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Don't be. You can't know when the game considers you far away enough out of the mission area. Well, you can with the mission editor, but that takes a bit of knowledge in how to interpret all those triggers, goals and stuff. And it can be a spoiler.
Old 09-30-14, 08:35 PM   #4
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Also, for future reference, I found out the hard way that if you save a mission with Tomahawks in flight, when you re-load the mission, the birds will never hit the ground. They will just bounce and fly in circles around it until they run out of fuel. It is well documented in one of my videos.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
Old 10-01-14, 07:35 PM   #5
jojotcb10
Swabbie

haha that is good to know. luckily all my tomahawks hit their target nicely. I am on the last mission now and didnt have much luck my first try but im not exactly sure why. I used the truth at the end to try to figure out what happened but I still cant figure out why it said goal cannot be completed end mission. several times earlier in the mission it said mission successful and i checked to see what was up and all the mission goals were incomplete. I kept playing and finally I had mission complete for all the goals except for complete the landing which said incomplete and then I got the message saying I couldnt finish mission. I cant figure out what happened from the truth thing. I played as a sub since thats all I know how to do and tried to fight the 2 subs in my area but could never really close more than 30000 yards, had quite a few torpedos fired in my direction, I fired several in their direction but nobody hit anybody. Eventually somebody else took care of both of the subs. There were some boats sunk during the landing I guess but they are so far off thats out of my hands. But to my knowledge none of them were ships that should make the landing impossible. I gotta figure this one out....