SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-09, 02:16 AM   #31
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
so would this be considered a game "fix" or not?
I'd consider it a fix ... actually, two versions of the same fix. Ottos' original mod works just fine as long as you input mast height (assuming you want an accurate mast height) via the recognition manual check box. The second version gives you the option to manually adjust both target range and mast height.

Personally, I've never found the need to manually adjust mast height. I use the second method only because ... well, you never know when you'll need to manually adjust something.
ok, i will add it to my "game fixes only" mod list
Old 01-26-09, 08:10 AM   #32
Mav87th
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi - been away for some time now -

The beauty of the option 2 i described some time back in this thread is that you get the freedom to do as the real skippers did. They could not see the mast top as great distances, but they could see the funnel top. lots of boats even had their masts changed either by chance or on purpose to throw off the sub's aims.

AFAIK the real skippers counted "decks" and multiplied the amount of decks with 9 ft. (might have been 8 ft.). So say you in midst of night can see the sea surface and the top of the funnel. You can make the siluette out to be a specific boat and look it up in the Rec. manual and find the funnel height to be 24ft. then you slide the marker to 24 and make your stadimeter reading from that. Bingo!
Old 02-04-09, 10:30 AM   #33
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

well i would like to include option 2 of this in my "game fixes only" mod so if anyone wants to do it in a downloadable mod for stock v1.5 of the game it would be very helpfull so i could download it and post the link. i just request it be kept to just the fix and not extras so it stays as a stand alone fix.

just tell me who to credit as it looks to me like several of you figured this out.
Old 02-05-09, 07:06 PM   #34
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1
Quote:
do it in a downloadable mod for stock v1.5 of the game
Won't it mess up the "Dials.cfg" file for any other dials mod if you install a DL that only contains a "manual distance/mast height input" mod?
Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 07:26 PM   #35
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Quote:
do it in a downloadable mod for stock v1.5 of the game
Won't it mess up the "Dials.cfg" file for any other dials mod if you install a DL that only contains a "manual distance/mast height input" mod?
the key would be to apply the changes from one into the other, as example take any dials mod and just apply the changes above to the dials.cfg in that mod and that would solve the conflict.

the whole point of my mod is to create a better starting point for all mods by having the game in an as fixed as possible state and then begin with adding mods.

it does mean some mods would need minor updating or tweaking to include all the fixes i have applied that might touch on files they modded but this should be easy enough for anyone to do for themself if the modder doesnt want to bother changing anything. in a worse case situation you would only lose some of the fixes in my mod if they were overwritten but thats all.
Old 02-07-09, 03:06 PM   #36
Munchausen
Commodore

Quote:
the whole point of my mod is to create a better starting point for all mods by having the game in an as fixed as possible state and then begin with adding mods.
In other words (if I have this right), you're collecting a bunch of smaller mods, compiling them, and will then offer us a larger "fix" mod? Which would actually be more of a modder's "patch" (as opposed to a mod) for borked parts of the game?
Old 02-07-09, 07:59 PM   #37
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Quote:
In other words (if I have this right), you're collecting a bunch of smaller mods, compiling them, and will then offer us a larger "fix" mod? Which would actually be more of a modder's "patch" (as opposed to a mod) for borked parts of the game?
yes thats the idea, im also hoping it gives a better starting point for all mods so that fixes dont need to be included in most mods and then smaller sized mods can concentrate on just modding stuff.

like a home made patch to try and finish what ubisoft didnt fix
Old 02-08-09, 01:40 PM   #38
Munchausen
Commodore

Quote:
like a home made patch to try and finish what ubisoft didnt fix
Sounds like a good idea. I don't have an account with any of the "Filefront"-like websites ... but all you need to do to fix range input is as follows:
Quote:
1.5 \Data\Menu\cfg\Dials.cfg: Enable the following lines by deleting the semicolon at the beginning of each line. Afterward, manual input on the range meter can be increased to max range.

[Dial58]
EnableRelativeDrag=Yes to steady the index marker (to keep from “chasing the dial.”)

[Dial59]
EnableCmd=Set_tgt_sel_value
EnableCmdOnDrag=Yes
EnableRelativeDrag=Yes to keep wheel from spinning when attempting to dial a range.
Edit: Or just copy and paste the following:
Quote:
[Dial58]
; will be changed by code
Name=TorpedoSolution_Mast_Height
Type=70; DIAL_TGT_MAST_HEIGHT_INTERNATIONAL
Cmd=Set_tgt_mast_height_international;
Dial=0x431A0002
CrtVal=0x431A0001
NewVal=0x0
DialVal=-90,98
RealVal=15,130; height
Circular=Yes
CmdOnDrag=Yes
Logarithmic=7.189;4.656
RelativeDrag=Yes
;SndStep=5
;SndList=1,Menu.TDC.AngleOnBow,360

[Dial59]
; will be changed by code
Name=TorpedoSolution_Temporary_Range
Type=68; DIAL_TGT_RANGE
Cmd=Set_tgt_sel_value;
Dial=0x431A0001
CrtVal=0x431A0003
NewVal=0x0
DialVal=10,0
RealVal=11000,220; range
Circular=Yes
CmdOnDrag=Yes
Logarithmic=-0.98;51.0
RelativeDrag=Yes
;SndStep=5
;SndList=1,Menu.TDC.AngleOnBow,360

Last edited by Munchausen; 02-08-09 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-28-20, 11:38 AM   #39
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2
Default Bump

bump bump bump
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote