SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-21, 09:24 AM   #6976
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yes, that's my understanding too. Hopefully there will be no long term side effects.

After spending a week in pure misery in the hospital about 4 years back, I have a fresh memory of that and wanted to take no chances that it could happen with covid.
Old 04-22-21, 10:00 AM   #6977
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Thats the price we have to accept: we cannot know long term effects as long as no long times have passed. Normally vaccine development takes multiple times as long as was taken this time. And that is due to studying the long term risks. We could not afford the time this time. We need to accept the risk. Its real, but I have a feeling of that is is anything but monumental. The risk of facing Corona without vaccination imo outclasses the possible risks of the vaccines' long term effects by many, many factors.
Old 04-22-21, 10:39 AM   #6978
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The figures here in the UK are beginning to look very positive.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 10:40 AM   #6979
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...-20210422.html

Yeah, that's me, I can imagine that. It always felt like the sensible and patriotic thing to do, be careful and make the necessary sacrifices to slow the spread. I passed on a lot of social activity last year, if not me, who? and now that I am fully vaccinated, I have resumed normal activities. But at the tail end of last year I had some worry that after all my care, it would be hell to catch it and spend a month in the hospital.
One still needs to keep the social distancing and mask. The vaccine will help you get over the virus much faster or you may not feel any affects from the virus at all. I have not had the vaccine yet. I'm giving it more time for any issues that may present themselves. (blood clotting J&J). Probably by June I will get the vaccine.
Old 04-22-21, 03:14 PM   #6980
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

The longer you wait to get vaccinated means the longer I have to wait to go a bar and grill to get hammered.

Man up and get your shots.

I have to inject Interferon every other day. That stuff already messes with my immune system, the vaccine was an unknown, but I still got in line after the high risk patients got their first shot.

Seriously, what's the worst thing that could happen?
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 03:23 PM   #6981
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
The longer you wait to get vaccinated means the longer I have to wait to go a bar and grill to get hammered.

Man up and get your shots.

I have to inject Interferon every other day. That stuff already messes with my immune system, the vaccine was an unknown, but I still got in line after the high risk patients got their first shot.

Seriously, what's the worst thing that could happen?
My guess is you will be asking everyone you come into contact with you will if they have a card proving they are vaccinated? That is what you are stating by having to "wait " to go to the bar and get hammered. You are vaccinated. Go to the bar and grill. This is the reason you got vaccinated correct? Your vaccination will help you get over the virus quicker and or keep you from feeling sick from the virus yet you still carry the virus(contagious). Your mask must still be worn. Social distance must remain. Clean hands.
Old 04-22-21, 03:49 PM   #6982
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

No, I got vaccinated so it reduces my risk of transmitting the stupid virus to someone who could wind up in the ICU. Subtle difference. The sooner we get to 80% of the population having the vaccine, the sooner we can get things back to normal.

Unless you enjoy sitting in house and collecting stimulus checks while the society burns, get in line and get the shot.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 03:54 PM   #6983
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
No, I got vaccinated so it reduces my risk of transmitting the stupid virus to someone who could wind up in the ICU. Subtle difference. The sooner we get to 80% of the population having the vaccine, the sooner we can get things back to normal.

Unless you enjoy sitting in house and collecting stimulus checks while the society burns, get in line and get the shot.
From my understanding the vaccine does not reduce the risk of spreading it to others at this juncture. Scientists do not know yet how effective the vaccine is at not spreading the virus to others. A vaccinated individual can still contract the virus and spread the virus but show no effects from the virus and or have some effects from the virus. They don't even know if you'll need a booster in 6 months or a new shot every year at this time.
Old 04-22-21, 05:11 PM   #6984
Skybird
Soaring

The many additonal buying of vaccines make themsleves felt, if the promised deliveries are kept. In Germany it is planned that from June on the prioritizing according to age or system relevance will be skipped and everybody can subscribe for wanting to get the jab. The waiting lists will be long, however, I assume. I plan to get it via my house doctor, not via a vaccination centre. If it goes according to this latest plan, thigns will happen a bit earlier than I expected two or three months ago.

Currently one in five has gotten the first jab, and one in twenty got two jabs. Germany, master of organisation and proficiency, in the year 2021.

Germany has also placed an order for 30 million doses of Sputnik V.

Most doses bought will be the BionTech vaccine. Why not, after all it was developed over here.

AZ is being phased out, so to speak, the stocks there are will be used on 60+ years old, but no new ones will be bought. People below 60 who got a first AZ jab, will get another vaccine for the second.

And when we all got it, the new Indian variation knocks on our doors and renders the vaccine useless! Yeah, I am always an optimist.
Old 04-22-21, 11:45 PM   #6985
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
One still needs to keep the social distancing and mask. The vaccine will help you get over the virus much faster or you may not feel any affects from the virus at all. I have not had the vaccine yet. I'm giving it more time for any issues that may present themselves. (blood clotting J&J). Probably by June I will get the vaccine.

I don't need to social distance or mask up, I'm vaccinated. You may need me to social distance or mask up.

I suggest you get vaccinated or social distance and mask up.

Old 04-23-21, 12:11 AM   #6986
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post

The blood clot business is of such low occurrence it's
insignificant. Worry more about being struck by a meteor.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 05:30 AM   #6987
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
I don't need to social distance or mask up, I'm vaccinated. You may need me to social distance or mask up.

Yes.

Fo anothe rperspective, however, watch out for that Indian mutation that currently causes havoc in india. Its a double-mutation, and indicatiosn are mounting that it may defeat our current vaccines. If so, it is only a question of time until it becomes the new dominant form. It wa slike this with the British variation, too. It started outside Britain just slowly, now dominates.
Germany has already seen first cases of the Indian mutation.

Lets hope they get a hold on this one fast. Its indispensable to control this one tightly and super-fast.
Old 04-23-21, 05:35 AM   #6988
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:

The vaccine is not an automatic shut off for the pandemic. You are at a lesser risk. No matter. Depending on ones state of residency a mask, smaller group gathering, social distancing and a finite number of people in a place of business are still in effect. No matter if vaccinated or not.
Old 04-23-21, 05:38 AM   #6989
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The blood clot business is of such low occurrence it's
insignificant. Worry more about being struck by a meteor.
J&J has more problems than just blood clots. The facility in Baltimore has been found to be far below standards for manufacturing anything medicinal and unqualified personnel.https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/21/fda-...d-vaccine.html
Old 04-23-21, 05:43 AM   #6990
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan