SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-19-21, 12:07 PM   #1
sunaah
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Fullscreen Window mode?

I know that it has window mode, but how can i make it so that it stretches to fullscreen? using SH3 steam with GWX.
sunaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 12:55 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunaah View Post
I know that it has window mode, but how can i make it so that it stretches to fullscreen? using SH3 steam with GWX.
On first having installed SH3 ( Steam launcher, it's subsequent games library (your repository for all games obtained from Steam... should NEVER.. EVER... be default installed in \Program files - \Program files (x86) but in its own user created folder. See: C:\Games\Launcher\(this is where you should install all games launches... aptly named, accordingly... if your using just 1 HD. Users with dual HD's installed or using 1 internal HD & any # of externals... can adjust, accordingly to their own tastes, here. )

The launchers games repository should then follow that same general chain as with the launchers... except, setting up a 2nd folder in this manner... C:\Games\Library(using the launchers settings menu to point to "just exactly where" it is to have any & all games from their installer, to install games. users with dual HD's installed or using 1 internal HD & any # of externals... can adjust, accordingly, to their own tastes, here... as well. )

On running SH3 for the initial 1st time (to finalize it getting set up for use there afterwards... ) on the games completion in loading up, in the options menu, it can select for it to be run in... "Full screen" mode... after that is done & selecting just how you want to hear the crew respond to your orders... (in German, or English... (or whatever language is your native if that is included in your copy of SH3... ) as well as setting it to where you hear sound, (Yes... that can have to be set to work on rare occasions... I know. Been there, done that. ) then exit... as now, you are prepped to then begin to set up GWX, or what other mod set or mega mod your desiring to get added in...

It should be noted... BEFORE beginning that 1st set up run, however... that the following should be done. That the following needs being done.

Right click the SH3.exe & select going into it's "properties". On having that open up, ensure that it is on the tab "General" look for in the "Atributes" section of "General" & uncheck the box marked, "Read-only, hit apply & then move to the tab marked "Compatibility".

In this tab section, look for "Compatibility mode section. Checkmark the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" then open the drop box just below (this should be set to XP, initially...) scroll & find Windows 7 & select that.

Next, go to the section tagged, "Settings", find & checkmark the box marked, "Run this program as an administrator", after that is done, click accept then Ok.

With that, NOW... run SH3, for the very 1st time. After that, you are then free & clear to modify it.

Hope this info helps.

M. M.
Old 12-19-21, 08:05 PM   #3
sunaah
Nub

Downloads: 4

sorry, i wasn't clear. It has window mode and fullscreen mode. but the window is too small and fullscreen is a bit ****e for alt tabbing. how can I make it Fullscreen Borderless?
sunaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 08:45 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunaah View Post
sorry, i wasn't clear. It has window mode and fullscreen mode. but the window is too small and fullscreen is a bit ****e for alt tabbing. how can I make it Fullscreen Borderless?
Post screenshot of what you are seeing on your end... & while at it... copy/paste your jsgme mods activated list.

Can do that last, by opening up jsgme, click on tasks, hover mouse over last selection in the pop-up sub menu... & click on clipboard option.

Can then paste that into your reply here... by right clicking in the response box & choose "paste".

That will assist in seeing just what exactly is ongoing & figuring out what's needed to get it working rightly.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-23-21 at 03:44 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 12:13 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

sunaah!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 04:40 PM   #6
ravenzahadoom
Swabbie

Downloads: 12

Have you tried using borderless gaming? works with most games even old ones (well most). You will probably need the res fix or use a widegui of some kind.
ravenzahadoom is offline   Reply With Quote