SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-08-19, 02:30 PM   #1
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229
Uploads: 0
Default LWAMI 3.11 Fatal Error

Recently installed DW and LWAMI 3.11.

DW vanilla is in its own folder, patched to 1.04.
LWAMI is copied from the vanilla folder into its own folder before installing the mod.

Ran vanilla DW both pre and post patch, started and ran just fine with no issues.

Copied the vanilla folder and installed the LWAMI mod. Tried running for the first time and immediately got an error:

"The English text library file failed to load"

Now getting the same error when attempting to start even the separate vanilla install, when this wasn't happening before.

Now I'm left wondering what the hell just happened. Totally clueless. Google raiding has been fruitless.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 07:25 AM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Wipe clean and start anew.

I made a video on how to install LwAmi because I didn't think it was a very straightforward installation process. Maybe it can help you:

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 09:49 AM   #3
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Thanks. Putting everything back after a fresh Windows reinstall and had forgotten about the .bat in the File Tools folder. LWAMI is running fine now.

Thing is now the mod will only install if I use the vanilla folder, not the copied folder. After installing LWAMI to the copied folder, there are no changes apparent when starting the sim - it runs as default DW. However, when installing LWAMI to the vanilla folder, and starting the sim from that location, it starts and runs as LWAMI.

This is puzzling. I habitually install games into a dedicated "untouched" default folder, then copy that folder and use it for mod installation, even when using JSGME. I don't remember experiencing successfully copying or installing mod files into a copied directory only to not see the results when starting the program.

No idea why this is happening with DW/LWAMI. UAC is turned off (using Win7 64 bit) and permissions are applied to the installation with all check marks checked for all users. Read only is unchecked and applied to all contents.

Anyway, thanks for the assist.

PS: BTW that fatal error message occurred when I changed the name of the root folder. This apparently confuses DW and doesn't know how to find itself.

Last edited by Treetop64; 07-09-19 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-10-19, 01:24 AM   #4
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

DW adds some entries to your Win registry.
Win10 is more sensitive to these entries than Win7, so us Win10 users tend to see more of these kinds of hassles.

I've had a lot of luck in the past running a reg cleaner like CCleaner after doing system maintenance and I've learned to be really careful if I need to delete anything with an .exe before doing a re-install.

I also run multiple installs of DW and DW is somewhat unique in that it was offered in multiple options (CD, Steam, Direct Download). All of those options write entries to your reg. and most of them have a slightly screwy folder structure.

If your version of DW includes a launcher .exe file, always use that to change to a different DW install and ALWAYS make sure to select a different install prior to deleting a current install. One of the things the launcher does is add new reg entries.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 09:40 AM   #5
Treetop64
Torpedoman

No launcher. Just the executable in the root directory. Two CD boxed retail version.

I had planned on using both LWAMI and RA with each in their own folders. I never felt entirely comfortable moving things around in one directory with JSGME. Nothing bad has ever happened, I'm just paranoid.