SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-07, 02:32 AM   #46
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhawke11
I did try to open and read it but it sort of tells me i have no permission ?
Hence the reason i asked the question
Hi, if you have JSGME in your version then here is the 'recipe'..
I've taken that you have extracted the folder from the zip file so highlight the folder and click move folder [on the left of the page], a (direction) box will open up. Take this path ..
My Computer_Drive C (or ?)_Program Files_Ubisoft_Silent HunterIII_Mods
Once the folder is in Mods folder, open up the Silent HunterIII folder and you will see an icon like a cog named JSGME, click it and open it and the list on the left should include it; highlight it, click right arrow placing it to the right and activating it. Close all boxes that are open then fire up Silent HunterIII. Hope this helps.
ps If you have GWX, you will have JSGME .. It's packaged with GWX.

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 02:46 AM   #47
dertien
Lieutenant

Downloads: 130

I am using both your Longer repair times mod and this one, v1.01 toghether with GWX.

Both mods are superb and the LRT is now more realistically reflecting repair times, been hit twice (once by a pt boat's machine gun fire at night while crossing the channel and once by a Hurricane flight) nice job on the repair times. (installed this while I was in the base) if not it will screw up your savegame.

Your shake mod, I like it, but could you do a version where you shake the camera from left to right and not like it has a swinging motion?

For example, now I feel like I am hanging from a tube in the command room like a monkey swinging from left to right with my legs from the ground. Wonder if you could make the effect more like I am standing with both feet on the ground and holding on to something and just being shaken from left to right, violently , in order to get more the effect seen in 'Das Boot'?

here's a picture to demonstrate what I mean:

a) this is how the effect is now / camera motion (with my install anyway)

b) this is how I would like it to be if possible

I guess a motion blur would be superb too, but dunno if there is a possibility to include it.

Oh yes and for those on patrol, I installed version shake mod 1.01 while on patrol, It didn't screw up anything. I am running GWX. Just for those who can't wait
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea, and I have an idea and we exchange ideas each of us will have two ideas. G.B.Shaw
dertien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 02:54 AM   #48
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dertien
I am using both your Longer repair times mod and this one, v1.01 toghether with GWX.

Both mods are superb and the LRT is now more realistically reflecting repair times, been hit twice (once by a pt boat's machine gun fire at night while crossing the channel and once by a Hurricane flight) nice job on the repair times. (installed this while I was in the base) if not it will screw up your savegame.

Your shake mod, I like it, but could you do a version where you shake the camera from left to right and not like it has a swinging motion?

For example, now I feel like I am hanging from a tube in the command room like a monkey swinging from left to right with my legs from the ground. Wonder if you could make the effect more like I am standing with both feet on the ground and holding on to something and just being shaken from left to right, violently , in order to get more the effect seen in 'Das Boot'?

here's a picture to demonstrate what I mean:

a) this is how the effect is now / camera motion (with my install anyway)

b) this is how I would like it to be if possible

I guess a motion blur would be superb too, but dunno if there is a possibility to include it.

Oh yes and for those on patrol, I installed version shake mod 1.01 while on patrol, It didn't screw up anything. I am running GWX. Just for those who can't wait
Happy you are liking LRT. As far as the swinging motion, it might be possible to change that. Not sure, though. It has to do with the boat rocking back and forth due to center of gravity. Has nothing to do with collision cameras. Unfortunately, a motion blur seems to be impossible. I tried to find a way, but no dice. But I will look into the swinging motion.
Old 01-12-07, 02:57 AM   #49
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Okay... I'm really starting to like what's going on in version 1.01.
Kpt. Lehmann, you have mail.
Old 01-12-07, 03:01 AM   #50
dertien
Lieutenant

Thanks NV

Do you ever sleep ?
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea, and I have an idea and we exchange ideas each of us will have two ideas. G.B.Shaw
Old 01-12-07, 03:24 AM   #51
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dertien
Thanks NV

Do you ever sleep ?
Once a month.
Old 01-12-07, 04:41 AM   #52
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

So it appears to be safe to install while on patrol...or did anybody run into problems?

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 06:12 AM   #53
dertien
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paajtor
So it appears to be safe to install while on patrol...or did anybody run into problems?
Worked for me! (fingers crossed)
Old 01-12-07, 06:13 AM   #54
Woof1701
Commodore

Downloads: 9

Thanks. That answers it. Great work
Woof1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 06:19 AM   #55
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Tried this last night and, well, I feel the shake is just too much....it rocks the boat side to side far to quickly in my view but then i've never been DCd in real life. I like the idea though....

Just my humble, Hans.
Old 01-12-07, 06:58 AM   #56
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
Tried this last night and, well, I feel the shake is just too much....it rocks the boat side to side far to quickly in my view but then i've never been DCd in real life. I like the idea though....

Just my humble, Hans.
When you say side to side... do you mean the slower rocking motion? The rocking motion has nothing to do with this mod. It's the boat's center of gravity. This is most obvious when rocking back and forth on the surface in the waves, But it also rocks back and forth underwater when being depth charged. I think that the more obvious surface rocking motion was a feature release in GWX. If you want less rocking action, you need to tighten down each u-boats center of gravity movement. But by doing this, you will have less wave rocking motion on the surface.

If you are talking about the really fast and violent screen shakes when being depth charged... think about this- what do you think the inside of your u-boat and your head would look like if a 250 lb depth charge exploded 5 or 10 meters from your u-boat in real life? Would you be able to see straight or even stand from the blast concussion and shock wave? Probably not. And from all of the u-boat stories I have read, many times they described how their boat would literally 'jump' when being depth charged or bombed underwater. Just something to think about.

Last edited by nvdrifter; 01-12-07 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-12-07, 01:49 PM   #57
Hartmann
Sea Lord

Downloads: 204

I read some book time ago about pacific war and they say that when the boat was depth charged all valves, rudders and hull vibrates and bend with violence like a snake ,and the isolation foam of the hull fly everywere.

She is made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can. and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

Strength and honor
Hartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 03:56 PM   #58
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I read some book time ago about pacific war and they say that when the boat was depth charged all valves, rudders and hull vibrates and bend with violence like a snake ,and the isolation foam of the hull fly everywere.
'Isolation Foam flying everywere' .. that could be the inspiration for a future mod ?!

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 04:11 PM   #59
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Well realistic or not... I'm starting to like version 1.02... which is LOTS better than version 1.0. Version one made my eyes cross. (I already had the headache.)

Its SURE AS HELL better than stock behavior.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 09:24 PM   #60
Wildhawke11
Lieutenant

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhawke11
I did try to open and read it but it sort of tells me i have no permission ?
Hence the reason i asked the question
Hi, if you have JSGME in your version then here is the 'recipe'..
I've taken that you have extracted the folder from the zip file so highlight the folder and click move folder [on the left of the page], a (direction) box will open up. Take this path ..
My Computer_Drive C (or ?)_Program Files_Ubisoft_Silent HunterIII_Mods
Once the folder is in Mods folder, open up the Silent HunterIII folder and you will see an icon like a cog named JSGME, click it and open it and the list on the left should include it; highlight it, click right arrow placing it to the right and activating it. Close all boxes that are open then fire up Silent HunterIII. Hope this helps.
ps If you have GWX, you will have JSGME .. It's packaged with GWX.

Thanks Very Much
Yes i do have the GWX But have to put it on again due to a format of my drive.
Cheers from the UK -- Danny
Wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote