SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-21, 06:30 AM   #1
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Default PSA: HITMAN III and past game levels

Hola, since the release of Hitter of Men Tres is getting close I thought it might be a good idea to let everyone know that you will not be able to carry over your H1 or H2 levels into Epic store version of H3 if you own the past games on Steam. Only games owned on Epic store work.

Only way to get past levels into H3 is to buy "Access Passes" for H1 and H2 on Epic store.

Or just wait a year and get it on Steam after the BS epic store exclusivity ends.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 02:18 PM   #2
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

What do you mean? Will the new game allow you to combine the older games' levels and play it all under one banner (with all attendant upgrades and items)?

That's how Hitman 2 2018 worked. You could combine the Hitman 2016 and 2018 games in to one. I had a great time with this setup. Blood Money gets all the praise, but Hitman 2018 + 2016 is the best in the series for me.

If this is how it will work that's great. I'd like to tackle those missions again with new gear, mechanics and possibilities. But maybe I am misunderstanding. I have both titles on Steam.

I bought three games on Epic over the past two years or so, all exclusives that I had to have. Borderlands 3, RDR 2 and Metro Exodus. I have since re-purchased them all on Steam. Nothing against the Epic service per se, but what I didn't like was going to play an Epic game after not using it for a long time. So much updating. The launcher updates, and Epic updates and all the games update. By the time it's done I don't want to play anymore haha. So I migrated back to Steam, which I like a lot.

Anyway, will all three games be able to be combined (if on same platform and service?)
Old 01-21-21, 09:24 AM   #3
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Well, yes indeed, that is how it will work. All three games will be able to be combined in to one. That's great news. Looking forward to it.

This Eurogamer article explains how it will work

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/h...ogression-8001
Old 01-27-22, 11:54 AM   #4
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

It turns out that cross-distributor carry over is a thing. So if you have Epic, or Steam, you can carry over your progress to the other platform. I bought Hitman 3, and did a Steam to Steam carry over. But I saw the options to cross platform. Must have changed at some point.

Quote:
Or just wait a year and get it on Steam after the BS epic store exclusivity ends.
I did it. And that year is up. Bought H3 a couple weeks ago. More of the same Hitman goodness, and completes the "World of Assassination Trilogy". As mentioned, all of my progress carried over, and all three games are installed under the same Hitman 3 banner now. So all levels appear in the UI, which is really nice.

I'm a big fan of the series and of this sort of game play. H3 is just more of the same stuff that made the first two installments in the trilogy so good. The only knock I'd put on it is there are only three mission stories per level, where the other games had five at minimum and up to as many as nineteen.

All the extra modes return, sniper assassinations, escalations and contracts.

The campaign levels are uneven, as you'd probably expect. Dartmoor for example is quite small. It has a really neat mission story, a murder mystery. But after that there isn't much to keep drawing me back there. On the other end, levels like Berlin and Mendoza show Hitman at its very best.

Since returning to it I've been mixing old levels and new, and the additional modes as well. Replaying levels is central to the way Hitman works. There are always new ways to snuff out the mark. Good stuff.
Old 01-27-22, 04:18 PM   #5
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Steam is running a sale on the first two installments of the trilogy, US$25 for both.

For anyone on the fence, the Steam page lets you play Hitman 2's opening level, Hawke's Bay, for free.