SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-15, 11:41 AM   #61
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

I saw a video of that sometime last week, now I am trying to find a decent headset. Still haven't decided which one to get though, I see something I like, but then the reviews of it aren't good. So still trying to find something reasonable in price and good quality.

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 06:24 PM   #62
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

HCS Voice Pack has been updated to 1.6.3. and two additional voice packs have been released (VENUS & LEGEND) with two more coming in couple of days (MARS & DARK).
You can listen to samples of VENUS, LEGEND and DARK here:
https://soundcloud.com/paul-watson-87

The new additional voice packs have been released. (LEGEND & VENUS OUT NOW – ASTRA UPDATED TO 1.6.3 ALSO READY FOR DOWNLOAD). MARS is coming in a few days and DARK in 10 days. This means new, dynamic options. You can now switch between “crew” members individually, make “mixed” crew profiles and allocate different roles for your characters. In practice you can use Astra for take off & landings, Legend for flight, Venus for information & Mars for tactical and weapons. It’s very immersive! Astra is of course our flagship Ai – This means she is the chosen one, the most trusted Ai to have rank over the others to some extent – With this in mind we added Hierarchical Orders, an additional bunch of character sound sets so that you can give Astra an order and in turn she will order the crew members to carry out tasks you choose – All with sounds that address the other Ai’s personally.

The options now are an unimaginable amount of combinations – Something that will give you a great sense of both realism and presence of crew. I have to say, it’s an AWESOME FEELING!!! I guess you’ll have to try this and do let us know . We include great profiles but do not include the profile switching or mixed crew profiles because there’s no way to marry them up and ship them with our packs. There’ll be video guides on YouTube to get you started on these though. It’s both fun and simple to do this and it also means you can put your own stamp on it, make your own choices. Which is ultimately why we’ve made it so flexible. Again, these features are AWESOME!

Additional content has been added to Astra to make this more interactive and immersive – I’ve added character references so that Mars, Venus, Legend and Dark are clearly known to Astra and she can name them, refer to them, switch to them using these additional sound files. Rank responses have been added as well, these include Ma’am, Captain, Commander and Sir

‘2 Way S-Ai’ or “Two Way Simulated Ai” is something we are building on, a simple concept, that creates the illusion of 2 way interaction between yourself and Astra – We’ve made the profiles with this included. For instance, after you’ve taken off Astra will occasionally ask you something randomly – It could be that she says “I’ve something I wish to share with you” and you can respond with either “Okay, go ahead” to get a response, ignore it say anything else to not get anything more or simply tell Astra to not disturb you again. For now there is a whole bunch of these statements and pieces of information she’ll give to you or advise you on. I won’t tell you what these are because it might spoil the surprise. This feature can be turned on and off with the command “Interaction mode on” or “Interaction mode off”.

There’s also a random response Stephen Hawking Quotes pack we’ve put together as well – You can ask “Quote Stephen Hawking” and Astra will gracefully recite an incredible quote from the genius at random. There’s a bunch of these, again we’ll build some more of these in the future.

We’ve given a great deal of thought about how we can bring more value to the product and ultimately make it so that you have a far richer experience. And, we’ll continue to do so. Please keep your suggestions coming in, also we’d like to add more to the ‘2 Way S-Ai’ so feel free to email in statements you’d like from Astra and indeed any additional commands for all space sims, we’d welcome them.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 08:35 PM   #63
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Thanks Dowly! New headset is on the way, a new PC to come in a few weeks, so will be good to try all this new stuff out on a PC that can handle all the demands this game has to offer!

Al Capone
Old 02-21-15, 10:05 AM   #64
Dowly
Lucky Jack

The LEGEND arrives

A "mildly" scripted (but entirely doable) showcase of the LEGEND voice pack.
Old 02-21-15, 09:37 PM   #65
eddie
Ocean Warrior

I like that Dowly, really good stuff!

Al Capone
Old 02-23-15, 03:15 PM   #66
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Decided to do some sightseeing.

First location was Zeta Tucanae, the 3rd planet to be precise.
This planet is the Centauri Prime in Babylon 5.

From there, I headed over to the Chi Draconis system to look for the Minbari Homeworld.
No luck, only asteroid belts there.

My last destination was the Epsilon Eridani system. The third planet (Major's Mine in ED) is orbited by the B5 station itself in the show.

Close enough.
Old 02-23-15, 06:19 PM   #67
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Just returned from a trip where the point was just to go "up". Turn to a 90 degree angle to the galactic plane and travel well over 1000 light years.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but here they seem to fall short. A proper panoramic view is needed really.

Close to a star the light polution is high, but you kinda see that you're far off of the galactic plane. Pretty lonely feeling.

As you go along, the plane starts to fill in beneath you more and more. You can't see it when you're in the middle of it, which conveys the distance you've covered.

The thing that makes you realise that you're getting to the edge of the galaxy is the relative lack of stars in parts of the sky. There's an abundance of them back in the direction of the galactic plane, but the other way it's almost perfectly black, with only a few visible, distant dots. There's still stars in our galaxy further out, but too far to cover in a jump. Density of stars drops off fast.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 06:05 AM   #68
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Nice!
Old 02-24-15, 06:22 PM   #69
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Fleeing from the fascists in the Federation, I have also embarked on an exploration journey, heading mostly rimwards from Sol in the direction of Camelopardalis.

Twin T Tauri stars orbiting a primary

A black hole in close orbit around a blue star somewhere near BE Camelopardalis

Can't see it? Neither could I, though I think you can see a bit of the gravitational lensing. So I got too close and nearly killed myself in the gravity well. Luckily, I managed to pull a Beowulf Shaeffer and escape with my life (and my ship).

The California Nebula, Bernard's Loop and others, as seen from over a thousand light years away

Those tidal forces must be nasty.

Snake-like constellation visible from much of the Outorst sector

At this point Faulcon DeLacy's dubious quality control showed through and my cockpit canopy cracked after a high-speed encounter with the local planetary ring.

That thing looks even more evil than Jool...

Eventually, I began closing on my ultimate destination: GCRV 2334 and the huge Wolf-Rayet star at the center of the NGC 1501 planetary nebula, on the coreward side of the Perseus Arm.

NGC 1501, seen from less than 6 light years away

The Wolf-Rayet star and its close main sequence companion

The more distant companions; a brown dwarf and a main sequence star. In the background, the dense star cluster of NGC 7822 shines through the nebula

And now...

...how the hell am I going to get back?

Last edited by Raptor1; 02-24-15 at 06:35 PM.
Raptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 08:55 AM   #70
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Old 02-25-15, 10:17 AM   #71
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

I think I might get that once it drops a bit in price (that could take some time... ).
Old 02-25-15, 12:09 PM   #72
Dowly
Lucky Jack

So, what is everyone flying?

Personally, I'm still flying the pre-order Eagle.
Even once I got the money to buy a Cobra Mk.III, as silly as it sounds, I couldn't retire the Eagle.
It definitely lacks the durability of the Cobra, but it can still do some damage; took out a NPC Anaconda earlier.
And it looks good.

My precious:
Old 02-25-15, 01:01 PM   #73
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

This game looks impressive however it appears that it would make my PC supernova.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 01:12 PM   #74
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Bah, Raptor, you've got nothing on Janeway, 3000 Ly? Try 70,000!
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 01:35 PM   #75
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
So, what is everyone flying?
Cobra Mk. III at the moment. I might switch it out for an Asp when I get back to known space, though I'm also waiting to see how suitable the Fer-de-Lance would be when 1.2 comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Bah, Raptor, you've got nothing on Janeway, 3000 Ly? Try 70,000!
From what I can remember, Janeway cheated numerous times, then got help from the future and made it back after travelling much less than a tenth that distance. Janeway's FTL method was somewhat slower than mine, though...