SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-05-21, 12:18 PM   #61
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843
Uploads: 0

Thanks to diego_gut for making it easier to use his "lighter" interface with GWR 21,
Fifi for fixing him Cameras free move and
ericlea for his help with testing and personal correspondence.
Old 02-05-21, 03:04 PM   #62
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 10:09 PM   #63
diego_gut
Soundman

Downloads: 25

@Fifi

The angular angles are calibrated so that the size of a ship as viewed from the tower is the same as viewed from the periscope at 1.5x. They are different because the viewport is of different size. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with adjusting it to your taste but you will see everything bigger from the tower.

I agree that the optics look too new but graphics are my weakest area, I'll see what I can do about that.

@ericlea

Perhaps the best solution for the charts would be to make them an addon but I'll wait a bit to do it so that I don't have to maintain several versions of menu_1024x768.ini in sync.

Regards
diego_gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 01:56 AM   #64
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Thank you for your reply Diego
I see what you mean with the angular degrees, but my old eyes are not telling me the same
That’s also why i have added a little zoom to the UZO.
Anyway inside the different station, 88° is giving a too wide feeling for me...and i think 69° is giving a quite correct tight field of view.
Submarines interiors were very claustrophobics!
Maybe I’ll try back 88° only for conning deck to match what you said

About the clean optics, i agree it’s very hard to give the exact weathering result.
Ahnenerbe & ARB GUI are quite nice on that matter
Wouldn’t it be possible to import them into your GUI?
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 06:00 AM   #65
ericlea
Samurai Navy

I love this feature in the DGUI !

During WW2, the simplest practices, were also the fastest and those with the least error. the most efficient.

here we see in the periscope the graduations are in mils too (normal graduations + mils graduations). first screen we see 110 mils for the ship (wich has mast high= 22.5). and fast looking in the x6 table we see immediatly 110/22.5 = distance 800 m !

second screen with obs periscope. x1.5 same target ship, same distance. we see in periscope high = 30 mils. ship high is 22.5. and in the x 1,5 table we see immediatly 30/22.5 = distance 800m !

Old 02-06-21, 06:20 AM   #66
Fifi
Navy Seal

Yes Eric, very nice feature!

DGUI is now my favorite 1920x1080 GUI for all my SH3 installs!
Very nicely done, and the lighter GUI to avoid any memory issue!
Old 02-06-21, 10:27 AM   #67
Fifi
Navy Seal

@Diego

One of my dream in a 1920x1080 Gui, would be to get the crew & damage management page enlarged...meaning this part (like pict below - not from your Gui) taking almost whole screen

Actually this part is on the left side of screen, kind of too minimized for best handling.
I’m not familiar enough with menu ini, to adjust it. In fact I’m a total noob with this menu
Old 02-06-21, 10:42 AM   #68
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Yes nice this F7 full map but as F5 full map it will certainly use more ram memory...
Old 02-06-21, 11:26 AM   #69
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlea View Post
Yes nice this F7 full map but as F5 full map it will certainly use more ram memory...
Not sure about that...it would not be an additional TGA, just a different display...but i could be wrong.
Old 02-06-21, 11:58 AM   #70
ericlea
Samurai Navy

F5 with full map eats more memory than F5 normal map. That is sure, it is tested. so it is certainly the same with F7 screen. Certainly more than some tga files...
Need to be tested
Old 02-06-21, 01:03 PM   #71
Fifi
Navy Seal

Other little thing: any way to solve my ID book?
Ship Tonnage is not readable, and the ship images are too bright...

Using LSH3 by the way
Old 02-06-21, 02:24 PM   #72
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
@Diego

One of my dream in a 1920x1080 Gui, would be to get the crew & damage management page enlarged...meaning this part (like pict below - not from your Gui) taking almost whole screen

Actually this part is on the left side of screen, kind of too minimized for best handling.
I’m not familiar enough with menu ini, to adjust it. In fact I’m a total noob with this menu
If it helps Fifi, moving things via the menu.ini isn't terribly difficult. Main thing to know is that the lower left screen corner is the reference point of the position numbers listed for an item.
Old 02-06-21, 06:38 PM   #73
ericlea
Samurai Navy

There is a problem with fuel gauge. we can't see it !

when dials are displayed by pressing the button down the tiefenmesser, fuel gauge does not appear right from the dials. why not show it ?
and when we want to give chief engineer the order to show the dials (by using orders officer buttons at bottom left corner) the report button is missing !

To try to see the fuel gauge, i decided to resize dials1b.tga in menu_1024_768.ini. Then it is ok, the fuel gauge appears right side from dials but... no fuel level inside it ! useless gauge...

It is a problem if we can't see the level of fuel in our uboat ^^
Can you fix this ?

Thanks

Last edited by ericlea; 02-06-21 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-06-21, 06:54 PM   #74
diego_gut
Soundman

Hello all,

I'll try to address all questions

- The crew management screen can not be enlarged, the positions of the crew are hardcoded and only work within the original 1024x768 area. This is why every 1080p GUI has it in the lower left corner. This is also why 1360x768 GUIs work so well.

- The bright images on the rec manual come from added ships and it needs to be corrected by the author. ARB tried to fix it applying a dark filter to them but then the stock ones look too dark and everyone complains about that.

- I chose the size of the optic that allowed to have the best accuracy for the graticule. They have a diameter of 756 pixels and are divided in 21 pixel degrees, since 10 milliradian are 0.57296 degrees that would be 12.03 pixels so I could make the vertical scale very accurate. If I had used any other practical size the margin of error would have been much bigger. For example, if they had a 792 pixel diameter with 22 pixel degrees, the 10 mill marks would need to be 12.6 so if you used 13 you would have a 4 pixel error at the 100 mill mark. This is in part why I did not used ARBs graphics.

Finally, I want to clarify that the images posted by ericlea show the hardcoded graticles which is not how DGUI comes configured. However, if anyone prefers to have degrees shown along the milliradians on the vertical scale and degrees on top too it's just a matter of configuring the patch. They will be calibrated in the periscopes but they probably will not be calibrated in the UZO.

Regards
Old 02-06-21, 07:03 PM   #75
diego_gut
Soundman

You should be able to see the fuel gauge when you display the big telegraph, on the right side. I thought it paired better with the telegraph and detailed speed control of the diesel engines. If you don't it's because of some modification to menu-1024x768.ini.

I took the CE report out because it uses different graphics for the same dials and I find it uninmersive, or perhaps it just satisfies my OCD . It also saves 0.5mb.

Look at the last picture of the first post.

Regards

Last edited by diego_gut; 02-06-21 at 07:20 PM.