SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-18-13, 02:17 PM   #76
the_frog
Commander

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

JP, I use Blender's edges splitting modifier and I have no idea how to do the face separation with other programmes
Old 07-18-13, 05:57 PM   #77
yamatoforever
Weps

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Updated the first post with the link to the Aigles.
Wonderful! A french war ship! Great! Nice job! Maybe there are sometime also the larger french war ships on offer! One may dream....

THANKS!

Greetings
Molke2005
yamatoforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-13, 02:16 AM   #78
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_frog View Post
JP, I use Blender's edges splitting modifier and I have no idea how to do the face separation with other programmes
Blender proved too complicate for me to use. I stick to Misfit Model 3D, which is quite simple, but does the job for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamatoforever View Post
Wonderful! A french war ship! Great! Nice job! Maybe there are sometime also the larger french war ships on offer! One may dream....

THANKS!

Greetings
Molke2005
So many ships... so little time
Old 07-19-13, 12:26 PM   #79
the_frog
Commander

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Blender proved too complicate for me to use. I stick to Misfit Model 3D, which is quite simple, but does the job for me.
I use Blender only for edge splitting ... otherwise too complex ...
Old 07-21-13, 04:10 AM   #80
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The Italian Capitani Romani cruiser has just been uploaded.

Click the pic

Last edited by JapLance; 07-02-16 at 06:24 AM. Reason: link replaced
Old 01-07-14, 03:05 AM   #81
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Just resurrecting this to let you know that the links to the files containing the ships in this thread will slowly stop working, so if you want any of these ships now is the time to download them.
Old 01-08-14, 10:04 AM   #82
Volta
Swabbie

Downloads: 128
Hello Japlance

Quote:
Just resurrecting this to let you know that the links to the files containing the ships in this thread will slowly stop working, so if you want any of these ships now is the time to download them.
Nice to hear from you again.
I hope things are all for the best.
Volta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 01:06 AM   #83
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Uploaded the files again. Updated links available in the first post.
Old 09-04-19, 04:14 AM   #84
flush deck
Mate

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 2

Hi JapLance

First a huge thanks for the work you've done for the conversion to SH IV of the three Regia Marina ships (Montecuccoli, Bolzano and Romani).

I try to rebuild part of the italian Regia Marina for SH IV, using SH III converted ships I can find in different mods, or that coming from SH III, like the ones you have converted. So thanks one more time for your efforts on the Regia Marina. Thank to you I could put 8 more ships in my italian armada.

I 've reworked all the textures to make something more details, more in the SH IV render spirit, and to do something homogeneous.

Sadly, I can't use them in SH IV, due to the problem of the famous Ro.43 Seaplane that come with the Bolzano and Montecuccoli cruiser.
I can't manage to find this file, look in the Soviet Waterway Mod and in the BFB one.
So could you help me to find this file, and show me the folder where I've to put this file to make the Bolzano and Montecuccoli work?

I've also a problem with the Romani, that appears all black (without texture) in game. The 3D work but I've no texture. I've check the .cfg and the .dat in s3D, everything look ok.

The file has the same config than the Aigle's one, and the Aigle work perfectly (big thanks also for this one )

So I hope you could help me on that stuff.
Thanks
flush deck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 12:30 PM   #85
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush deck View Post

[...]
Sorry to miss your message for so long. I've been quite disconnected from SH4 lately, and didn't see this until today.

About the problems with the Italian ships, they were built with WDAD and The Med Campaign in mind, so those are probably imperative for Bolzano and Montecuccoli to work properly. Unfortunately, WDAD was made a suscription-only mod after I spent a lot of time in the Med campaign. Had I known it, I would have never started it.

Right now, years after I did those ships, I can't tell you what is wrong with them, but I can confirm they won't work with just vanilla SH4 v1.5. I will look into it, but can't promise anything.
Old 07-23-20, 03:30 AM   #86
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I've also a problem with the Romani, that appears all black (without texture) in game. The 3D work but I've no texture. I've check the .cfg and the .dat in s3D, everything look ok.
I think I've found a problem that possibly made the first camouflage pattern go black for a few days when the ship enters service (in May 1942).

The explanation may be that SH4 uses months to select the version of the ship displayed (CfgDate in the .mis files), and always uses the first day of the month.

For a quick fix, go to the Roster, open the .cfg file for the Capitani Romani, and change the start date of that first texture from 19420514 to 19420501.

I did some extra work on the ship model after release, so maybe it's the right time to change the version and at the same time fix this small glitch. No spectacular changes anyway.

Thanks for pointing out the error .

Here's the link for the new 1.1 version

https://mega.nz/file/8soAFYSI#Nwxz4M...IJFpub9sscrtHA

Last edited by JapLance; 07-23-20 at 03:57 AM.