Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-20, 05:23 AM   #10081
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Na, Donny is just enraged about that Harris did not let him grab her by her pussy.

(Before moderation steps in: let me remind of that I base on an old quote by Trump that reflects what he thinks "good woman" should be about).
Old 08-13-20, 06:11 AM   #10082
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

But you should ask yourself, did he say that about Harris or is it something that came from your own mind?
Old 08-13-20, 06:20 AM   #10083
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Thank you again for your neutral and even-weighted views
Your welcome.

Apparently the use of facts is unacceptable in political discussion. Ms. Harris's positions and her past performances are widely available to anyone who is mildly interested. It's not political opinion. It's fact. Perhaps you are just not interested in what is actually said but rather a spin. CNN is available for that.

If you can find anything in the NR article I posted about that is not true please point it out.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 08-13-20, 06:29 AM   #10084
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Na, Donny is just enraged about that Harris did not let him grab her by her pussy.

(Before moderation steps in: let me remind of that I base on an old quote by Trump that reflects what he thinks "good woman" should be about).

That is a complete and deliberate misrepresentation of what Trump said and your use of foul and sexist language should be sanctioned by the moderators.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 08-13-20, 06:36 AM   #10085
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
But you should ask yourself, did he say that about Harris or is it something that came from your own mind?
He said it about all women in general. Which includes just every woman, therefore, and reveals his underlying image of woman. Since then, he repeatedly revealed that he sees every woman that is strong and a potential threat to his self-perception of being big daddy and strong man and super president, as wicked, nasty, mean, and so forth. He is a sexist basterd as much as "sexist" could mean.

A long lasting pattern at work. A pattern like that he runs every project and every business into the ground that he ever gets his hands upon, and others left with the damages.

I red the first greeting adress by Harris. Aggressive on Trump, balanced on the oridnary people, and confronting on the campaign ahead. She meant not much to me, I certainly am not aweare of most names in Us politics, but I start to realise that Biden made a clever pick. And Trump, by every single comment on her, made clear that he sees her as the biggest threat the Demicrats could have come up with. All his lament and unspeakable insult in plain English means just this: this womam will give us bigger problems than any other VP Biden could have picked. One can only advise Trump to avoid any direct debatwe confrotnation with her. He is not on her agile, aggressive, intellectual level. Probably her past as prosecutor. Thats why the left in the party probbaly do find it difficult to align themselves with her: she was not left enough when despite her own skin colour she nevertheless was prosecuting blacks in numbers, I read. Tells me she had little or no bias there based on ideology.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-13-20 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-13-20, 06:51 AM   #10086
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Your welcome. [...].
You're.

No it is not wrong, but you (sorry, the National Review) accuse(s) Harris of being like Trump. How is this an argument against her in your view?

I just think that it was a poor decision by Biden, because she has not as much supporters as he seems to think.

B.t.w. Trump likes here, even donated money to her campaign. Long ago, but..

And this not so long ago:
Trump says Harris would be ‘fine choice’ as Biden running mate
Of course it's Fox News, so ...

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-13-20 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-13-20, 07:02 AM   #10087
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
You're.

No it is not wrong, but you (sorry, the National Review) accuse(s) Harris of being like Trump. How is this an argument against her in your view?

I just think that it was a poor decision by Biden, because she has not as much supporters as he seems to think.
I don'T know about the latter, but maybe he had a motive that so far is beign ignored: he knows that most liely he wiull not end his term, and that his VP will beocme president. Biden is old, and I do not think he will do full 4 terms and then let his VP candidate for elections, I think he will hand over before that, so that his VP could run elections as president in office. And there he maybe thought beyond the imminent campaign interests.

The rest are psyhcolgoical and quite well-knbown defence mechanisms by the pro-Trumpists. I think they realise that she could really strike hard at Trump in the upcoming word wars. Trump is unlikely to be able to handle her without playing foul time and again - and that will backfroie on him. Men like Trump simply can neitehr stand nor handle storng women like her who are anything but cute stroking pets .

Again, I am with those who think her past as prosecutor in courtroom will serve her well, and at Trump'S costs. She seems to be battle-hardened, so to speak.

We will see. Maybe I overestimate her. I almost always learn sooner or later that I overestimated politicians about whom I said something positive earlier.
Old 08-13-20, 07:07 AM   #10088
Skybird
Soaring

Just red this. Supports my view described in the posts above.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/13/p...ice/index.html
Old 08-13-20, 07:46 AM   #10089
u crank

Quote:
Well here is where you are mistaken. I am not interested in an argument against her. I am interested in the facts. I try not to give my opinion. If Joe Biden wins in November, Harris will be the most likely VP to assume the presidency since Harry Truman. Don't you think she should be vetted in the most meticulous way? Should she get a pass because she is a woman? Black? A Democrat? Would you be ok with anyone regardless of their past positions and behavior being President? Shouldn't the standard applied to Trump be applied to everyone?

Quote:
I just think that it was a poor decision by Biden ..
Biden demonstrated his lack of strategic political thinking by promising to pick a woman for VP. He was then cornered by some in the Democrat party to make that choice a woman of color. Pure virtue signaling and pandering. Had he not said anything he still could have picked Harris. Had he not made that promise he could have found a far more suitable pick than Harris.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 08-13-20, 07:53 AM   #10090
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Just red this. Supports my view described in the posts above.
Which is why CNN has no credibility as a straight news network, every article has a bias that used to be regulated to opinion pieces.
Old 08-13-20, 07:58 AM   #10091
Skybird
Soaring

I dont mind nor care for people claiming to have their oh so precious opinions. Claiming opinion alone, is worthless. Whether they can or cannot found their opinion reasonably and factually, and how - that is what gets my respect. Or not.

Meanwhweile, this.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...sives-n1236564
The left, or "progressives" as they are being called here, seem to be not too happy with Harris. Which I cautiously conclude means she cannot be that much lefty at all.
Old 08-13-20, 01:53 PM   #10092
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

If it would not be serious, you could really start laughing:

I mean here is a discussion if Biden's VP tries to ban automatic weapons (what a blasphemy), if she was dishonest in the past, if she is not left enough or right enough or if she is even corrupt at all, if she has lied once...if I may summarize the discussion. If only a bit of this is true, she would be totally unacceptable as a President - if Biden has to resign, of crs.

Oh.
Who is actually president now by the way ? Because I thought it would be Trump, who actually has all those mentioned ingredients more than enough (of crs apart from banning automatic weapons, but he has done other "nice" things per decree, for which he has no authority and the jurisdiction had to stop him)

So then I assume those who criticize so much Ms. Harris cannot elect Trump also...else there is a logical issue...
Old 08-13-20, 02:08 PM   #10093
VipertheSniper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
If it would not be serious, you could really start laughing:

I mean here is a discussion if Biden's VP tries to ban automatic weapons (what a blasphemy), if she was dishonest in the past, if she is not left enough or right enough or if she is even corrupt at all, if she has lied once...if I may summarize the discussion. If only a bit of this is true, she would be totally unacceptable as a President - if Biden has to resign, of crs.

Oh.
Who is actually president now by the way ? Because I thought it would be Trump, who actually has all those mentioned ingredients more than enough (of crs apart from banning automatic weapons, but he has done other "nice" things per decree, for which he has no authority and the jurisdiction had to stop him)

So then I assume those who criticize so much Ms. Harris cannot elect Trump also...else there is a logical issue...
With the mental gymnastics frequently used to justify the things Trump does as "ok", I'm pretty sure you'll get a whole host of answers why it's not the same.
Old 08-13-20, 02:34 PM   #10094
Skybird
Soaring

^Think of it as Ostfriesenwitze, translated into English.
Old 08-13-20, 03:13 PM   #10095
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipertheSniper View Post
With the mental gymnastics frequently used to justify the things Trump does as "ok", I'm pretty sure you'll get a whole host of answers why it's not the same.
You know it is possible that two things can be wrong at the same time. Just because OrangeManBad doesn't mean that Kamala Harris is a flawless politico with no serious history that shouldn't be discussed.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter