SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-28-20, 08:26 AM   #1
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 163
Uploads: 0
Default Missing flags pullout?

Halfway through my first patrol (after a couple of years away) i've noticed that I can't seem to find the flags pullout, you know the one that identifies nationality of the ship/s being observed. This is not a huge problem as I am familiar with most flags anyway, still it's good to know that I have not forgot anything on my part. I also use the small brighter flags mod for the record, so night attacks are not so dark that you can't even attempt one.
I have also noticed that the notepad appears to be missing / obscured. I suspect it 'may' have something to do with Hitman's optics which i've used for ages and have no plans of binning it anytime soon. I never used that bloody notepad anyway, hell I have loads of notepads with me anyway when I play hehehe.
All the other pullouts are working properly.

Cheers guys.
Paul Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 12:40 PM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

You can accidentally move it right at the edge of the screen so you can not see it anymore. Should be fixed with a save and reload of the game. Then they return to their initial location. It might also be that you just have to move the mouse to a corner or hotspot location for it to show up.

But if you also have other mods overriding each other then the chance of conflicting mods is there. It might be best if you put up a screenshot of that overlapping GUI element. To judge better.
Old 07-28-20, 01:09 PM   #3
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
You can accidentally move it right at the edge of the screen so you can not see it anymore. Should be fixed with a save and reload of the game. Then they return to their initial location. It might also be that you just have to move the mouse to a corner or hotspot location for it to show up.

But if you also have other mods overriding each other then the chance of conflicting mods is there. It might be best if you put up a screenshot of that overlapping GUI element. To judge better.
I'll try and get round to that when I can.
Can I just verify, where exactly were they located on the scope screen?, can't remember if it was the top left or top right. Also, what utility do you use these days for posting screenshots? Can we upload direct to the forum, or should it be done through another medium?
I suspected I 'may' have accidentally pushed them out of view, but honestly can't remember doing that. I actually think the optics mod has obscured the pullout somehow.

Cheers.
Old 07-28-20, 01:13 PM   #4
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

Just to briefly add to that, certain areas of the screen allow for the curser to move out of view, others will not. So, i'm assuming these areas are where pullouts could be inserted? Well, i've tried all around the periphery of the screen and pulled nothing out. As mentioned before, the world map, mine locations, and various speed / distance tables are still there.
Old 07-28-20, 01:26 PM   #5
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

I've noticed there is one mod greyed out in JSGME, but does'nt seem to be causing ANY issues as far as i'm aware:
Waterstream + Exhaust Combi mod (both single & twin diesel mods are activated)
Can't imagine why that mod would cause a glitch with the map or scope screens. Like i've said its only a minor issue and I can certainly live with it, game is otherwise running perfectly (taps wood x3)
Old 07-28-20, 02:40 PM   #6
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

IIRC Hitman optics does not include Flags. You can find the Flags.tga in the data/Menu/Gui folder and try to determine their location in menu_1024_768.ini
Old 07-28-20, 04:31 PM   #7
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

I have no idea where the various things are placed. It's so long since I played pristine GWX3.

The forum has the ability to upload images to a photo album. Check your account control-panel, then under Networking. You can copy the link in the image.

Personally I have a website-domain where I upload my most important images to that I want to stay alive. But there are free sites with limited lifetime. A google search away with "free image upload".
Old 08-01-20, 08:28 AM   #8
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
IIRC Hitman optics does not include Flags. You can find the Flags.tga in the data/Menu/Gui folder and try to determine their location in menu_1024_768.ini
Handy tip, thanks friend