SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Knights of the Sea Depths II: Adversaries
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-29-18, 04:17 PM   #1
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Default Suggestions

Hi everyone I created this thread so we could suggest our ideas to developers.
Mines sugestions
A bit less blue water more green colour.
Way too many Neutral convoys
Waves are too big,In my opinion and ships sink in bad weather.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-18, 09:36 PM   #2
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755
Uploads: 0

Skins for the boats. I may even take a crack at that myself.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 07:05 PM   #3
Niedowidek
Bosun

Downloads: 118

I don't see navigation patterns for getting through Kiel canal (you know, Kiel In / Kiel Out). Is it possible to add them? It would be very convenient for all Uboat type II commanders starting in 1939.

Also, I'm a big fan of Hitman's GUI, the one with range and speed chart (not Hitman Optics) http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...UI+FOR+GWX+3.0
Maybe it could be added too?

Old 08-05-18, 05:15 AM   #4
Niedowidek
Bosun

Downloads: 118

A propos Kiel canal: I think it would be pretty hard (or rather long) to pass through it without hardcoded “Minimum TC Mod” fix made for SH3. How did you do it before this fix? I suppose it's impossible to implement in SH4.

That said I think that KSD II looks great. Quite a GUI for periscope/UZO you have, too Thank you for your work.

Last edited by Niedowidek; 08-05-18 at 12:11 PM.
Niedowidek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 11:21 PM   #5
shadow_wxh
Soundman

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1

All the Slient Hunter series needs some core level code fix/improvement to make the game playable not simple skin job not just KSD-II.

First of all the game graphics looks superb best of all but its still too buggy to play smoothly

There are couple of things I can think of

1 The sub should be able to navigate automaticly like in/out kiel in/out mission zone,return to base(if you have a navigation officer onboard that is what they do right)

2 If you sub is out of fuel can't you call a airdrop or friendly sub to resupply you?(there is fuelling mission for you to supply other subs why can't be the other way around)

3 fix enemy ship sunk by bad weather and spawn in funny posture.

4 fix enemy ship magically detect you (in dark night,1000 meter away,submerged,no asdic)

5 fix sudden death in time compression either by enemy attack or collision

6 its a nuisance to flip page after page in the ship recongnition mannual to match the ship you looking at.Some better searching and indexing method needs to be implemented.

7 the RAOB and Attack Disk needs to be smoother. Right now they only turn in one direction and the click zone are too narrow and too close to each other often you turn the wrong disk.They also cant swap each other and sometime stuck there block the view.

8 the game need better camera interface. With all the beautiful ship moddle and explosion effect you are stuck in a metal tube and look through a peek hole.The current event camera is far from enough to catch all the sences.Maybe adding a second screen?

Hmm ... There seems still quite a lot of work to do,so keepup boys
shadow_wxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 10:58 AM   #6
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

All of this has been hashed over all ready long before you ever joined Subism. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote