Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-22, 07:02 AM   #4786
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Russian and Russian-backed separatist forces in the Donetsk region of Ukraine have suffered heavy casualties, according to UK intelligence officials.

They estimate the Donetsk militia alone has lost 55% of its original force.

Russian forces are focused on conquering all of neighbouring Luhansk, aiming to encircle the city of Lysychansk, say Ukrainian leaders.

Regional chief Serhiy Haidai said there had been "colossal destruction" in the city.

He said the situation in its sister city of Severodonetsk was "hell", and quoted the mayor as saying some 7,000-8,000 civilians remained there.

UK military intelligence said Russia was very likely aiming to deploy a large number of reserve units to Ukraine's eastern Donbas, which is made up of Donetsk and Luhansk.

It drew attention to the "extraordinary attrition" suffered by Russian and Russian proxy forces in Donbas. While Russia has for months avoided detailing its casualties, the human rights ombudsman in the so-called Donetsk People's Republic said last week that 2,128 of its forces had been killed and 8,897 wounded. A further 654 civilians had been killed, said Daria Morozova,

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in his late-night address on Tuesday that while Luhansk was currently the toughest area, the invading army was also "putting serious pressure on the Donetsk direction".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61891462

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-22-22, 10:17 AM   #4787
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-22-22, 11:47 AM   #4788
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Come in and join the discussion about the war

It's a livestream from Ukraine-For me it's mostly the thing that I also can discuss it with others than here in our forum. The others in the stream has become my friends.

The video(Livestream) can only be seen on youtube.

Edit
You have to subscribe to the channel and wait 10 minutes before you can start to chat.
End edit

Markus

My little lovely female cat

Last edited by mapuc; 06-22-22 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-22-22, 02:43 PM   #4789
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Successful strike on Russian munitions in Khurstalnyi

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-23-22, 06:19 AM   #4790
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Former German general: "I learned in one week to drive the Leopard, to shoot with it, and to hit targets with it."

https://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/...eferungen.html
Old 06-23-22, 08:21 AM   #4791
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Former German general: "I learned in one week to drive the Leopard, to shoot with it, and to hit targets with it."

https://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/...eferungen.html

Of course that's because the controls were marked in German.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-23-22, 09:12 AM   #4792
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Adidas has finally won the sports apparel war?

Quote:
"NIKE has made the decision to leave the Russian marketplace. Our priority is to ensure we are fully supporting our employees while we responsibly scale down our operations over the coming months," the firm said in an emailed statement, according to Reuters.
In May, the Vedomosti daily reported that the head of the Inventive Retail Group (IRG) – which operates Nike stores in Russia through its subsidiary Up And Run – said the company would no longer supply goods there.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/n...ly-exit-russia

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-23-22, 09:21 AM   #4793
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A key adviser to Ukraine's president has said the battle for the eastern cities of Severodonetsk and Lysychansk has reached a "fearsome climax".

Oleksiy Arestovych said Russian forces could soon encircle the twin cities and cut them off from Ukrainian territory.

"The threat of a tactical Russian victory is there, but they haven't done it yet," he said.

It comes as President Volodymyr Zelensky accused Moscow of trying to "destroy" the Donbas region.

"There were massive air and artillery strikes in Donbas. The occupier's goal here is unchanged, they want to destroy the entire Donbas step-by-step," Mr Zelensky said in his nightly video address.

He also repeated his calls for Western leaders to speed up the delivery of heavy artillery to his troops.

"We again and again emphasise the acceleration of arms deliveries to Ukraine. What is quickly needed is parity on the battlefield in order to halt this diabolical armada and push it beyond Ukraine's borders." he said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61906509

Old 06-23-22, 09:24 AM   #4794
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A British man sentenced to death by a Russian proxy court for fighting in Ukraine has been told the execution will be carried out, his family say.

Aiden Aslin and Shaun Pinner were sentenced by a court which is not internationally recognised, in the so-called Donetsk People's Republic (DPR).

Mr Aslin told his family his captors said there had been no attempt by UK officials to negotiate on his behalf.

The foreign secretary discussed his case with Ukraine earlier in June.

Liz Truss said she and her Ukrainian counterpart Dmytro Kuleba had spoken about "efforts to secure the release of prisoners of war held by Russian proxies" and has called the death sentences a "sham judgement with absolutely no legitimacy".

The Foreign Office is known to be actively investigating cases of British nationals who have been detained in Ukraine, and is providing support to the families of Mr Aslin and Mr Pinner.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61900291

Old 06-23-22, 09:26 AM   #4795
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ukraine is set to be approved as an EU candidate at a Brussels summit on Thursday, after the European Commission gave the green light.

Ukraine applied days after the Russian invasion in February, and the process has since moved at a record speed.

Its ambassador to the EU told the BBC it would be a psychological boost for Ukrainians.

But Vsevolod Chentsov admitted "real integration" could only start when the war was over.

Candidate status is the first official step towards EU membership and France said this week there was "total consensus" on Ukraine. But it can take many years to join and there's no guarantee of success.

The Western Balkan countries of Albania, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia have been candidate countries for years; in some cases for over a decade. Bosnia and Herzegovina applied for candidacy in 2016 but has still not succeeded.

As he arrived for an EU summit with Western Balkan leaders, Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama said it was a good thing that Ukraine was getting candidate status, but Kyiv should be under no illusions: "North Macedonia is a candidate [for] 17 years if I have not lost count, Albania eight, so welcome to Ukraine."

Some members states are pushing for Bosnia to be given candidate status, although that is not expected to happen.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61891467

Old 06-23-22, 09:31 AM   #4796
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Germany has taken a step closer to gas rationing after a drop in supplies from Russia.

The country has triggered the "alarm" stage of an emergency gas plan to deal with shortages, Germany's economy ministry said.

It is the latest part of a standoff between the European Union and Russia over its invasion of Ukraine.

German economy minister Robert Habeck said Russia was using gas "as a weapon" in response to EU sanctions.

"We must not fool ourselves. The cut in gas supplies is an economic attack on us by [Russian President Vladimir] Putin," Mr Habeck said, adding Germans would have to reduce consumption.

Mr Habeck said there would "hopefully never" be a need to ration gas for German industry, but he added: "Of course, I can't rule it out."

Russia has already cut gas supplies to Poland, Bulgaria, the Netherlands, Denmark and Finland over their refusal to comply with a new payment scheme.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61908998

Old 06-23-22, 12:13 PM   #4797
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Support

I have read Ukraine release couple of Russians saying Ukraine closing in on all sides scare they going get incircle anyone know anything about that
Old 06-23-22, 12:27 PM   #4798
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
I have read Ukraine release couple of Russians saying Ukraine closing in on all sides scare they going get incircle anyone know anything about that
According to this article it looks like it's the other way around

Quote:
Russia appears to have dealt Ukraine a significant setback in the battle for the country’s east, breaking through the defenses around a key city and opening the possibility that Kyiv’s troops in the area could be surrounded.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/r...back-rcna34695

Then we have this

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1...CPUbYnN1IoF1xA

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 06-23-22, 01:26 PM   #4799
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
Lysychansk Sievierodonetsk front have already drawn Russia to use its reserves this battle result in street house to house battles where loses will/are massive on other parts on the front in Ukraine the Ukraine army advances with success Russia hardy gains ground on the rest of the fronts will not be long till it will stop both sides are exhausted and low on material maybe new western supplies can turn the tide for Ukraine so that they can recover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 06-23-22, 01:29 PM   #4800
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

European Union leaders have agreed to Ukraine's candidate membership. Moldova will also become a candidate member, it was decided in Brussels at a summit of government leaders. The decision was unanimous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Closed Thread