Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-22, 05:24 PM   #4081
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I shake my head
It's not Ukraine and Nato Vs Putin no it's WEF Vs Putin.

Putin is fighting WEF and not Ukraine, Nato and EU.

Saw this on twitter-It was written in Danish.

So which symbol such I use ? This or this

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 05-18-22, 05:33 PM   #4082
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
actually there have been several prisoner swaps, usually on a one 4 one basis. I'd expect this to continue. A swap for the steel plant surrender Ukrainian soldiers has been proposed. Now that there is a conviction in a war crimes trial, 'twill be interesting to see a change in Russian modus operendi... which has include heist of the Mariapol museum's ancient Slavic gold looted and card off to Crimea. This is what Nazi's did in WWII. My guess is Putin is terminally ill and has unleashed his heinous war in anticipation(like Milosĕvic of Serbia) of not surviving to face a war crimes tribunal...
I fear no swaps possible for the Azovs, they are the claimed propaganda reason why this war was started: they are "Nazis", they are the illustration of the claimed main reason for Russia's cleaning operation, they are the onforgivable enemy, and having them in custody is like loot and prey, just more valuable. Putin will make maximum use of this opportunity to influence public opinion in his favour. They can be lucky if no examples are executed on them. That they will be sent to a carricature of a Russian Nuremberg trial, is not unrealistic.
Old 05-19-22, 05:16 AM   #4083
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Seems Russia is on the move again and conquers villages. Also the first US Howitzers have been destroyed.

Looks bleak, at the moment (read further down)

https://www.newsweek.com/russians-re...trikes-1707812

All propaganda?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 05-19-22 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-19-22, 05:40 AM   #4084
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Seems Russia is on the move again and conquers villages. Also the first US Howitzers have been destroyed.

Looks bleak, at the moment (read further down):

https://www.newsweek.com/russians-re...trikes-1707812
"War of attrition". Precondition for surviving it: lots of material reserves, and a long breath.

The Ukrainians could "win" the war it they can keep the battle mobile and the Russians on the run, which currently seems not to be the case. If both sides grind down with fixed frontlines and pick away at each others, Ukraine's chances are lousy and bad. Russia simply has a giant numerical and material advantage in heavy callibre huge weapons, and Ukraine's railroad network gets hammered.

Since the war shifted from the more agile battles of the first two phases to the more grinding atrition warfare we now see, I have become more pessimistic when assessing the chances.

Ukraine needs weapons and ammo, ammo and weapons (of which many will get destroyed, thats why they need even more of them). And they need to stay able to brign them to the front, which become increasingly difficult. The Russians may learn slowly only - but even them learn their lessons over time.

It would be helpful to raise the Ukrainian's ability to interdict the logistical supply chains already on Russian soil.

Where Ukraine falls back and Russia occupies the place, it seems partisan warfare has started to grow steadily.

I fear what will be left of Uklraione after it maybe has driven out the attackers will be in a desperate economic state. The Russian can and will do an awful lot of damage and destruction any way. Scorched Earth tactics: if they cant have it, nobody should have it.
Old 05-19-22, 06:29 AM   #4085
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
"War of attrition". Precondition for surviving it: lots of material reserves, and a long breath.

The Ukrainians could "win" the war it they can keep the battle mobile and the Russians on the run, which currently seems not to be the case. If both sides grind down with fixed frontlines and pick away at each others, Ukraine's chances are lousy and bad. Russia simply has a giant numerical and material advantage in heavy callibre huge weapons, and Ukraine's railroad network gets hammered.

Since the war shifted from the more agile battles of the first two phases to the more grinding atrition warfare we now see, I have become more pessimistic when assessing the chances.

Ukraine needs weapons and ammo, ammo and weapons (of which many will get destroyed, thats why they need even more of them). And they need to stay able to brign them to the front, which become increasingly difficult. The Russians may learn slowly only - but even them learn their lessons over time.

It would be helpful to raise the Ukrainian's ability to interdict the logistical supply chains already on Russian soil.

Where Ukraine falls back and Russia occupies the place, it seems partisan warfare has started to grow steadily.

I fear what will be left of Uklraione after it maybe has driven out the attackers will be in a desperate economic state. The Russian can and will do an awful lot of damage and destruction any way. Scorched Earth tactics: if they cant have it, nobody should have it.
Certainly beginning to look that way

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-19-22, 06:38 AM   #4086
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Moscow says more than 900 Ukrainian fighters from the Mariupol steelworks have been taken to a former prison colony in a Russian-controlled part of Donetsk.

Ukraine hasn't publicly commented on their fate. A pro-Russian separatist leader says more than 1,000 soldiers are still trapped in the plant.

Meanwhile, a Russian soldier on trial for war crimes in Kyiv has asked for forgiveness from the widow of the man he killed.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has called Russia's invasion an "absolute failure" with "catastrophic mistakes" made at the highest level.

The UN has warned that the war is increasing the risk of a global food shortage, and poorer nations could face years of hunger.

The G7 is meeting in Germany to discuss further financial support for Ukraine.

Old 05-19-22, 07:07 AM   #4087
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-19-22, 07:23 AM   #4088
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

^ I remember reading somewhere, perhaps here in the forums, that Russia has lost 200 + fixed wing aircraft in their " special military operations " in the Ukraine. This of course doesn't include helicopters that Russia has lost in this war.
Old 05-19-22, 07:26 AM   #4089
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I doubt we will ever find out the true number of Russian losses in terms of personnel, aircraft and tanks etc.

Old 05-19-22, 07:47 AM   #4090
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I doubt we will ever find out the true number of Russian losses in terms of personnel, aircraft and tanks etc.

I'm sure you're right. Because of nationalistic pride, Russia not wanting the Ukraine and it's allies knowing how effective it's weapons have been and keeping the Russian population in the dark over losses in personnel, not to mention disinformation coming out of Russia itself, the losses will be kept quiet.
Old 05-19-22, 08:00 AM   #4091
Skybird
Soaring

Russia mostly, if not completely, refuses to take back bodies of its fallen, offered by the Ukraine. Unwanted evidence, would force them to explain at home.
Old 05-19-22, 08:05 AM   #4092
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Russia mostly, if not completely, refuses to take back bodies of its fallen, offered by the Ukraine. Unwanted evidence, would force them to explain at home.

You are exactly right.
Old 05-19-22, 08:38 AM   #4093
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-19-22, 09:09 AM   #4094
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
That colonel's theatre play - thats what it is imo - is given way too much attention. People seem to forget or overlook that what happens on this TV channel is orchestrated by the Kremlin. So instead of paying attention to what he says, people better should ask themselves why he is saying it this way, and in what way it is indicating the Kremlins future possibilities to benefit from it.

And if you see it this way, then what he says and had to say is no good news neither for Ukrainians nor for Russians. Not for the Ukraine becuse Russia needs to fight harder. Not for Russians, sinc it demands mobilization of additional forces forces to fight harder.

The colonel is preparing and paving the way for the declaration of a greater mobilization of forces and an extension of the timetable and expectations for the war. He swears Russians in to donate in blood and tears, else, so he implies, Russia would be humiliated. And, like Putin, he declares NATO responsible for the complications and blames all guilt on NATO: "So, dear Russians, rally around our flag - its NATO we are up again! Be ready to bring sacrifices!"
Old 05-19-22, 09:19 AM   #4095
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Yep, pretty much how I see it

Closed Thread