SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
Glue, paint, razors...what could go wrong?

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-2022, 12:23 PM   #4816
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I do not quite believe this, but .. we will see.
IF it happens i hope no one will believe it.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:27 PM   #4817
Dargo
Commander

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I would say you are both right.

Before and during the war there have been some rumours about false flag operations(seem to remember a few)How many of these has been real-I don't know.

Belarus does not need to have hundred of thousands of soldier-20-40000 is enough to draw Ukrainian soldiers from the 2450 km long front in south and southeast Ukraine -Soldiers who is needed there.

Markus
See, hear of no buildup by Belarus also do not think they got those numbers ready for active service. Most soldiers are conscripts, serving for a period of 18 months if there is a mobilization we would know the Belarus resistance would notice that, and we saw Russia try it certain Belarus will make same mistakes probable worse.

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko likely cannot afford the domestic consequences of involving his limited military assets in a costly foreign war. Unsupported Belarusian forces are additionally highly unlikely to be effective, and Russia lacks the reserves necessary to conduct another offensive toward Kyiv. These exercises are undoubtedly intended to posture and threaten Ukrainian border areas, but are unlikely to preempt actual involvement in hostilities. ( https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...ssment-june-23 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.

Last edited by Dargo; 06-24-2022 at 01:19 PM.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:30 PM   #4818
Dargo
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I do not quite believe this, but .. we will see.
IF it happens i hope no one will believe it.
We do not need to believe it, it is for the belarus public opinion to believe it BWaahhh Belarus people do not believe anything this dictator tells them.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2022, 12:44 PM   #4819
Dargo
Commander

You may spit out your coffee when you read this: "Russia is firing more than 60,000 shells per day — 10 times more than the Ukrainians."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...age-artillery/

Quote:
Old 06-24-2022, 01:48 PM   #4820
Dargo
Commander

A Jewish, Russian-speaking Ukrainian and a son of Kharkov. This is how he describes himself; 'Tor', commander of the 226th battalion of the territorial defense of the second city of Ukraine. Retired soldier 'Tor' has been fighting since the first day of the war without a single day's break. "As long as the war goes on, we have no leave," he says in a trench in the second line of defense near Kharkov, where he has taken us. A kilometer or two or three away, Russian artillery shells explode.

"They use the same tactics and strategy as in 1943," Tor explains. First heavy artillery shelling to destroy the fortifications. And when everything is broken or damaged, they send infantry. According to him, the Russians do not use modern war tactics. "They enter Ukraine like flies to the ****. There is very good soil here. They have problems with their agriculture. That's why they want our land." He fervently hopes for a quick victory. Not only for his country, certainly for personal reasons: "I want to see my grandchildren. They live abroad, and I can't leave the country. So we have to win, and then I can see them."

10 percent of the men in his unit of "a few hundred" men have now been killed or wounded. And yet he has no shortage of men. "The recruitment of new people is going fine. There are numerous residents of Kharkov who want to defend their city." 'Tor' then takes us to Saltivka, a high-rise neighborhood on the outskirts of Kharkov. The neighborhood has been hit hard by everything the Russian military can shoot with; plane bombs, cluster munitions, artillery shells and cruise missiles. Several times, he sighs deeply to hold back tears. "This hurts," he says softly. "This is my native soil. My ex-wife is from there. My children were born there. This is my place." A little way down the road, he even points to a grove where he had sex for the first time.

The almost total destruction of his neighborhood is a major motivation for his actions as a soldier. "What is victory?" he finally asks himself. "You destroy your enemy and recapture territory. That's one side of victory. The other side is the moral side. For example, when my 5-year-old grandson says he is Ukrainian." Commander Tor fights with his 226th battalion against the Russians near Kharkov, the city where he grew up. A report by David Jan Godfroid from the trenches.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2022, 02:18 PM   #4821
Dargo
Commander

Ammunition is being taken out of Belarus to Russia. The Community of Railway workers of Belarus reports that loading of ammunition into 100 boxcars for the transportation of explosive materials (Class 1) began in Belarus. The boxcars were rented from the Belarusian Railways by the Department of Military Communications of Belarus and the Central Department of Military Communications of the Russian Ministry of Defense.

According to the Community of Railway workers of Belarus, these boxcars will be used for the transportation of ammunition from Belarus to Russia.
It is reported that at the moment the loading is being held at many large artillery bases of weapons and ammunition. For example, loading operations are held at the military base 67878 (the 46th arsenal of missiles and ammunition) in the village of Bronnaya Hara.

“The amount of ammunition is so large that they can’t organize loading by themselves and send servicemen from other units to help,” the Community says. After the loading, groups of boxcars (6-10 cars each) are sent to stations of the Minsk railway junction, and there they are “hitched” to usual freight trains. Then they’re sent to destination stations in Russia along the route Minsk - Orsha - junction Krasnoye - Smolensk.

https://twitter.com/MotolkoHelp/stat...54447163146240

Quote:
Old 06-24-2022, 02:27 PM   #4822
Dargo
Commander

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation for the first time revealed the names of the commanders of the troops in Ukraine.

The southern group of the Russian troops, which fought in Zolote and Hirske, is commanded by the Commander-in-Chief of the Military Space Forces of the Russian Federation, Serhii Surovikin. And the group "Center" is led by Colonel General Oleksandr Lapin (this group is also known by the tactical letter "O" and advanced on the Luhansk region and Lyman from the north).

Quote:
Old 06-24-2022, 06:27 PM   #4823
mapuc
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 32

Another massive bombardment outside Sloviansk

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote