nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
What is wrong with your pool?

Ready for a can of worms?

Bought a house with a pool, that needed the liner replaced. Finally got the liner replace in early January (that's a whole seperate story). The doofus said he would "finish the job in April/May." I he showed up eventually , after saying he would be there an no show three times. [insert excuse here] He cut the hole in the vinyl for the circulation pump, and that's the last I've seen of him. He said he would hook up the pump/filter and has never shown his face since. Somewhere between point A and here, I found his BBB review...spolier alert, It's 1 star.
I've contacted four different pool repair places, and FINALLY got someone to answer!

Here's the doofus pool company's review:
https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/ballston-l...0041-236005880

He still owes me a pool cover and installation...So it may be small claims court time. I don't really want to go that route, but I'm tired of the BS.

Some people just aren't cut out to own a small business, this doofus is one of them.

He trashed my backyard, left a huge mess, abandoned stuff. It's been a complete cluster foobar. /rant off. Didn't mean to hijack your monster thread.

I trust you didn't loose any fingers?
Old 06-17-22, 11:57 AM   #17
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post

Bought a house with a pool, that needed the liner replaced. Finally got the liner replace in early January (that's a whole seperate story). The doofus said he would "finish the job in April/May." I he showed up eventually , after saying he would be there an no show three times. [insert excuse here] He cut the hole in the vinyl for the circulation pump, and that's the last I've seen of him. He said he would hook up the pump/filter and has never shown his face since. Somewhere between point A and here, I found his BBB review...spolier alert, It's 1 star.
I've contacted four different pool repair places, and FINALLY got someone to answer!

He still owes me a pool cover and installation...So it may be small claims court time. I don't really want to go that route, but I'm tired of the BS.

Some people just aren't cut out to own a small business, this doofus is one of them.

He trashed my backyard, left a huge mess, abandoned stuff. It's been a complete cluster foobar. /rant off. Didn't mean to hijack your monster thread.

That's awful. I do my very best to find people my friends have hired on for certain things. Hope it works out for you.
Old 06-18-22, 01:34 PM   #18
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
The old turtle just wanted out. Once he hit the stream he became very lively. Started moving upstream. Our pool is salt chlorinated. Although these buggers are ok in brackish water I think the pool water with 3500 ppm salt to water was wearing on him. The fresh water stream was probably a relief for the cheeky bugger.

I was curious if your pool was one that was chlorinated or perhaps salt water. It's awesome that you simply removed him and put him in an environment that he liked.

Years ago, I was engaged to a woman that I went to high school with. We were both in Florida. We had an in ground pool. Before leaving for work every morning, it was my job to clean the frogs out of the pool filtration system. That was every morning.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-22, 09:13 AM   #19
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I was curious if your pool was one that was chlorinated or perhaps salt water. It's awesome that you simply removed him and put him in an environment that he liked.

Years ago, I was engaged to a woman that I went to high school with. We were both in Florida. We had an in ground pool. Before leaving for work every morning, it was my job to clean the frogs out of the pool filtration system. That was every morning.
Our pool is salt. Great system. Our home backs to a conversation area. There is a catch pond for rain runoff. Spring peepers and bullfrogs abound. They are extremely vocal. I do not know if the snapper came from the pond as it's fenced in. But I hear snapper can climb fences. This turtle somehow got around our fences. I check the skimmer every morning. I have found frogs, baby turtle, skinks and field mice spinning around inside. When I placed the turtle in the stream he perked up and went under. Then headed up stream.
Old 06-19-22, 10:04 AM   #20
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post

do they speak Shelta? Sounds like a gang of Travellers!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-22, 10:26 AM   #21
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Good thing that was a small snapper but they ain't bad eating
Old 06-21-22, 07:51 AM   #22
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
Good thing that was a small snapper but they ain't bad eating
I have not had turtle in any recipe. I will have to take you word for it!
Old 06-21-22, 07:53 AM   #23
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

This is the only way this turtle got into my yard.

Old 06-21-22, 11:33 AM   #24
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

^ I have on good authority that illegal immigrants use this video as training ie: if an ol' 'leatherback' tortoise can do it, a wetback can too!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 11:11 PM   #25
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
This is the only way this turtle got into my yard.

Nature finds a way!

No Jurassic Park management for you!
Old 06-26-22, 11:14 PM   #26
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
I have not had turtle in any recipe. I will have to take you word for it!

At the MN State fair, that would be turtle on a stick or maybe fried turtle?

Note, they don't actually have that there. That would be something they eat in Cheezheadland,,,probably.