Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 06-10-09, 01:30 PM   #31
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Says the guy with the Ferrari?

What has this to do with this topic ?

If your Trolling for trouble I can help you find it.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 02:04 PM   #32
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Hey easy, this wasn't meant to insult you.
I'm just surprised that someone with a Ferrari cares about 40$.
Old 06-10-09, 02:07 PM   #33
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Hey easy, this wasn't meant to insult you.
I'm just surprised that someone with a Ferrari cares about 40$.
Hmmm... If someone has a ferrari... Il buy ROF and trade with them.:rotfl: myself im gonna look at the end product before I make any judgement.
Old 06-10-09, 02:35 PM   #34
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

What I own has nothing to do with this topic.

I spend MY money how I see fit.

Btw I don't consider a used Ferrari a big deal.

Old 06-10-09, 06:31 PM   #35
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Well, ofcourse its still a Flightsim is it not?
Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
did real life pilots have the chance of spawning mid air with the aircraft?
No, but this isn't real life and it never will be. More importantly, ROF has the ability to be two things: the player can fly under simulator difficulty (more realism) or under a more arcade style difficulty (more action).

And if you think you've flown a hard flight model before and can immediately step into ROF and fly with no problem under realistic settings, you had best take a step back and talk to the people who already own it. It's hard, putting it simply.

Quote:
and I think the same counts for WW1 aircombat nothing is more thrilling then a scramble.
Glad to see we agree on this then.

Quote:
No ofcourse not, it counts for pretty much any CFS, the faster and powerfull the aircraft are the faster situations change thats the only difference.
Exactly.

Quote:
You ever played Online Squadron vs the rest in a CFS?(or different game)
Yes. I used to be a part of Red Baron 3D's Jasta 5 MP squadron years ago.

Quote:
I did and our team (the rest) got our asses kicked...reason: perhaps 20-30% of the team played together the rest just took off whenever they wanted they didnt fly as a group and they didnt fight as a group.
and I didnt only experience this in a CFS I also did in a FPS.
Although now that I think about it, that really comes with pretty much any game, doesn't it? I mean, unless you have a passworded server, you'll always have rogues here and there.

Quote:
You reffered Russian players, not Russian ROF players.
Neobq is a Russian company, the game is only out in Russia (although CIS nations have it... but they're basically owned by Russia lol), Russians are the main people playing it ATM, and they're really the only people that you can come into frequent contact with on the net to chat with about it. Sim HQ has them on all the time.

Quote:
How can you compare anything to a WW1 FS other then a other WW1 FS
Engine capabilities, graphics, attention to detail, you know...

Quote:
and how can you call something that focuses itself just on WW1 to be the superior to date?
Because there's no other game like it in terms of the engine it uses to simulate the world and make gameplay what it is, the detail of the planes, and the scope it covers.

Quote:
you see it simply doesn't make sense to say ROF is the most realistic flightsim to date....as it doesn't model what other flightsims has to offer.
Such as? There's no other one in existence that has engine features like it. I mean, an actual air particle system? That's never been done before in a flight sim. And the damage model is also a first, not to mention the flight model. The graphics likewise are superior to all others in existence to date, and the AI has had the community in awe.

It's a historic game for flight sims that will most certainly set the standard for future ones. It's quite simple. You will not be able to find a flight sim that can surpass ROF in these fields.
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 06:42 PM   #36
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

More good points made Stealth Hunter

I'm weakening.

Old 06-10-09, 07:52 PM   #37
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Stealth Hunter, I wouldn't say that ROF is the most graphicly advanced combat flight sim in comparison to IL-2. It looks more like it has CFS3ish graphics than IL-2ish. Also we have no way of comparing the flight and modeling as there hasn't been a WW1 cfs that hasn't been some sort of add-on or mod for an existing combat flight sim. Or at least not since Red Baron 3D.
Old 06-11-09, 08:17 AM   #38
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
Stealth Hunter, I wouldn't say that ROF is the most graphicly advanced combat flight sim in comparison to IL-2. It looks more like it has CFS3ish graphics than IL-2ish.
CFS3 does not have HDR and bloom available for use, nor does it feature a water reflection/refraction system, a heat haze effect system (like Empire Total War's, for example), a weather haze effect system (also like ETW's), and a terrain rendering system based off satellite data and Great War records as well as photographs.

This:

Will never be able to compare itself to this:

Quote:
Also we have no way of comparing the flight and modeling as there hasn't been a WW1 cfs that hasn't been some sort of add-on or mod for an existing combat flight sim. Or at least not since Red Baron 3D.
Well according to the OFF devs, reviewers have been comparing ROF to OFF in terms of gameplay. So, if that's true, one does have something to compare ROF to.
Old 06-11-09, 11:22 AM   #39
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

To settle the HASH here. Could 3 screenshots be posted together showing CFS3 , OFF and ROF with plane above the ground to compare graphics ?

Old 06-11-09, 11:45 AM   #40
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

So hows this game on bugs, crashed, and all that stuff.
Old 06-11-09, 12:56 PM   #41
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL View Post
To settle the HASH here. Could 3 screenshots be posted together showing CFS3 , OFF and ROF with plane above the ground to compare graphics ?
Sure.

CFS3

OFF BHH
http://www.overflandersfields.com/Gallery/index.html

ROF

Old 06-11-09, 01:02 PM   #42
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Hunter View Post
CFS3 does not have HDR and bloom available for use, nor does it feature a water reflection/refraction system, a heat haze effect system (like Empire Total War's, for example), a weather haze effect system (also like ETW's), and a terrain rendering system based off satellite data and Great War records as well as photographs.

This:

Will never be able to compare itself to this:

Well according to the OFF devs, reviewers have been comparing ROF to OFF in terms of gameplay. So, if that's true, one does have something to compare ROF to.
Well looking at the screenshots the ground texture still looks CFS3, just slightly improved. As for the texture of the planes, the paintschemes can be replacated in most combat and none combat flight sims, same with the planes texture. But the HDR,bloom, water reflections and such like wheren't in common use when CFS3 was released. If Microsoft had but a little more money into CFS it would have those. And gameplay, OFF is a payware add-on for CFS3 or did you not read this ," There hasn't been a WW1 combat flight sim that has not been a add-on or mod for an existing combat flight sim." OFF is a add-on for a already existing combat flight sim aka CFS3. I was talking about stand-alone game or a WW1 combat flight sim like First Eagles.
Heres my example for CFS3 ground and plane texture.

And the fact that ROF has only three planes that a player can use, I think I will stick to OFF until there is a ROF Gold version availble.
Old 06-11-09, 01:02 PM   #43
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
So hows this game on bugs, crashed, and all that stuff.
There was a bug with lighting that I'm aware of that would appear during the night, but as since been fixed. I've only heard a few people complain about having crashes (most of which have been due to hardware problems or incompatibilities), and a few have had problems with the plane models when they crash into the terrain, but there's not too many overall. Most of the ones you find occur are like the crash bug related to the user's hardware setup. You can check their bug subforum out over on the ROF base forum at their website.
Old 06-11-09, 01:39 PM   #44
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
Well looking at the screenshots the ground texture still looks CFS3, just slightly improved.
We'll see what the others think.

Quote:
As for the texture of the planes, the paintschemes can be replacated in most combat and none combat flight sims, same with the planes texture.
Hope the models are exactly the same or they won't work properly.

Quote:
But the HDR,bloom, water reflections and such like wheren't in common use when CFS3 was released. If Microsoft had but a little more money into CFS it would have those.
A) That's a nice thought, but they're not in it, and that's that.
B) CFS3 was released in 2002. HDR was not available for use in games until 2003.
C) CFS3's engine structure would not even allow things like HDR and wave effects to be used to begin with.

Quote:
And gameplay, OFF is a payware add-on for CFS3 or did you not read this ," There hasn't been a WW1 combat flight sim that has not been a add-on or mod for an existing combat flight sim."
Oh I read it, but I also pointed out that on Sim HQ, some of the devs (like Rabu) have been comparing OFF and ROF to one another. So, if they can compare the two, then I can contrast the two.

Quote:
And the fact that ROF has only three planes that a player can use, I think I will stick to OFF until there is a ROF Gold version availble.
Five, mate. Seven if you count the soon to come Nieuport 17 and Albatros D.V.

Oh, and ROF went gold... two months ago.

http://www.nd.ru/news/973645/
Old 06-11-09, 01:53 PM   #45
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

ROF went gold in RUSSIA and it hasn't even been released in the United States. So to me that point is invalid. And more than likely I'll wait a year until most of the bugs are worked out, and a good offline campaign is in place.