Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-10, 11:41 AM   #1
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0
Default [UNCOVERED] SH5 officially left for dead!

As the new ComDev stated and elenaiba confirmed, there is no more team working on a patch for SH5. Both call the community to get hand on mods, to enhance the game. There is no patch planned "so far". Seems, as if our badest exspectations become true...

BAAM, there it is. The truth, directly in your face.

Let me finish this and say it like Michael did:

(SH5) This is it.

Old 07-19-10, 11:48 AM   #2
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

And this is news how? Think most already knew there's no team assigned to SH5.

Doesn't mean that won't change in the future.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Old 07-19-10, 12:10 PM   #3
aergistal
Chief

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 1

The news is SH5 is now like Schrödinger's cat. It is both alive and dead until proven one way or another. It's statements like Ubisoft's that make the universe branch
Old 07-19-10, 12:36 PM   #4
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Old news.
Old 07-19-10, 12:37 PM   #5
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

I wouldn't go scaring children like that

Truth is, I've seen lots of buggy games cut from patch support. And I still can't forgive Ubi for not patching the spawning road blocks in Far Cry 2. Then there's Sh4 UBM with a buggy notepad and stadimeter, easy things to fix by the devs, but which were never fixed.

However, with all the "Silent Hunter is dead" threads and most modders jumping overboard or simply waiting for the next patch, Ubi's notorious "case closed" policy seems a bit more expected. That must be why Elanaiba and Sorlim urge us to continue to mod the game. With a bit more support from us and a more clear view of the bugs, they might persuade the suits to release another patch.

And, on the bright side, progress with SH5 mods has been stunning so far. I'm beginning to subscribe to the opinion that one year from now, SH5 will be
better than all previous titles (with mods ofc).
Old 07-19-10, 12:42 PM   #6
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

i think guys are just searching for some direct quote somewhere saying "i am official ubi spokesman and we will never fix sh5 and thats it"

its obvious to anyone who looks at it without the rose colored glasses that they are done with sh5 and what we have is all we will ever get but they will never admit that to the public (its just bad for buisness to admit it)

hoping for another patch is like hoping to win the lottery, we try to convince ourselves it could happen because there is a 0.00001% chance it might

Old 07-19-10, 12:45 PM   #7
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
I wouldn't go scaring children like that

Truth is, I've seen lots of buggy games cut from patch support. And I still can't forgive Ubi for not patching the spawning road blocks in Far Cry 2. Then there's Sh4 UBM with a buggy notepad and stadimeter, easy things to fix by the devs, but which were never fixed.

However, with all the "Silent Hunter is dead" threads and most modders jumping overboard or simply waiting for the next patch, Ubi's notorious "case closed" policy seems a bit more expected. That must be why Elanaiba and Sorlim urge us to continue to mod the game. With a bit more support from us and a more clear view of the bugs, they might persuade the suits to release another patch.

And, on the bright side, progress with SH5 mods has been stunning so far. I'm beginning to subscribe to the opinion that one year from now, SH5 will be
better than all previous titles (with mods ofc).
Aye its true. The advancements made over the past couple weeks have been incredible. People just need to be a little more patient though, as some of them are still behind the scenes and need to be perfected.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
Old 07-19-10, 12:54 PM   #8
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

after re-reading my comment i feel its important to add this:

sh5 will be a great game at some point even without ubi being involved in it anymore.

IMO it is the modders who made ubi games great and sh5 will be fixed by modders so its only a matter of giving them time.

in a year or two i think there will be a few mega mod choices that resolve "most" issues with the game and while there will still be major bugs and glitches due to ubi's unfinished work, the mods will make the rest good enough to overlook them.

Old 07-19-10, 01:10 PM   #9
janh
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 0

only the future will tell, but the latest signs showed at least a glimmer of hope... So patience will be required, as usual.
Old 07-19-10, 02:40 PM   #10
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Well if they are finished patching it, then they need to release one thing, a fix for DRM so can play the game offline and lets the mods(who do better work anyway) have at it.
Old 07-19-10, 03:31 PM   #11
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

So, lemmie get this straight. They released a half-baked sim and patches you can count on one hand and they abandoned it? And to think I paid money for it. I'm calling my lawyers.
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
Old 07-19-10, 03:52 PM   #12
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

SH5: Released to soon, killed by the "fans".
Old 07-19-10, 04:01 PM   #13
wingcom
Nub

Downloads: 1

the real problem is gonna be a year from now when they decide the DRM servers are taking up too much space for so few players. then asta la vista online baby. Hello dark side.
Old 07-19-10, 04:08 PM   #14
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingcom View Post
the real problem is gonna be a year from now when they decide the DRM servers are taking up too much space for so few players. then asta la vista online baby. Hello dark side.
No, it has been repeatedly stated that the game will be patched to allow offline play should the online servers be discontinued. Nothing to worry about in that case.
Old 07-19-10, 04:22 PM   #15
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
No, it has been repeatedly stated that the game will be patched to allow offline play should the online servers be discontinued. Nothing to worry about in that case.
That, unfortunately, is when I'm likely to buy it. If it wasn't for a "certain issue" I'd have bought it by now.

A pity, as it looks as though it'll be a fine U-Boat sim once the modders have given it a thorough makeover.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Closed Thread