Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-12, 02:09 PM   #1
Ryan98
Nub

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
SH5 C++ RUNTIME ERROR!!! CTD

Hello everyone,

I have yet to get more then 15 minutes of gameplay into SH5 thanks to the annoying C++ Runtime error. I have read about removing the one C++ File via control panel, but when I checked...I dont have it!! I also have a laundry list of mods running? Could that be the problem? Im not to sure how to copy and paste the list on here, sorry not to good with computers. Thanks for your help!
Ryan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 02:16 PM   #2
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan98 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have yet to get more then 15 minutes of gameplay into SH5 thanks to the annoying C++ Runtime error. I have read about removing the one C++ File via control panel, but when I checked...I dont have it!! I also have a laundry list of mods running? Could that be the problem? Im not to sure how to copy and paste the list on here, sorry not to good with computers. Thanks for your help!
Hopefully you are using JSGME to enable your mods.
If you are: Open JSGME >> Go to "Tasks" (located on the middle panel between the incactive and active lists of mods) >> Either Copy or Export list to ".. Clipboard" (sorry for not being exact - not at home and explaining by memory).

First thing you want to make sure is that you are running version 1.2 of the SH5. You can see the version number at the top right corner when you in the menu screen of the game.
If you are not, you need to update the game manually via gu.exe which is located in the SH5 installation folder (a bit deaper, smth like /data/Help/Gameupdater/ - don't remember exactly, but you can search in the data folder for gu.exe.. should not be too bad).

Depending on the above and the list of mods - there might be huge amount of reasons for a crash...
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 03:03 PM   #3
Ryan98
Nub

I am running the correct version and patch when i get home today i will try and post the list of mods. I am using jsgme to enable my mods.
Old 09-24-12, 03:45 PM   #4
flostt
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 86

this must have been over a year ago or so when users reported problems with Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable 9.0.30729.4974....

uninstalling this one did the trick for some of them....
Old 09-24-12, 04:39 PM   #5
Ryan98
Nub

As I said before, I do not have that C++ file. I think it might be the community patch... im not sure though.
Old 09-24-12, 06:19 PM   #6
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan98 View Post
As I said before, I do not have that C++ file. I think it might be the community patch... im not sure though.
community patch? Do you mean TDW's .exe patch?
If you have that, you most likely have the NewUI too.

In that case I would strongly recommend also running Dbgviewer when you run your game. Might answer some questions.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 09:08 AM   #7
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Ryan, could it be hidden in your Control Panel? There is a box to check to Show Updates. I believe C++ is an update... but I could be wrong.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c++, crash, desktop, error, sh5