SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-09, 07:31 AM   #181
kranz
The Old Man

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

a few questions:

1.I'm playing 100% realism with wazoo "wheel method"-range+bearing 2x connected with 3rd line to get course etc. and I use bearing overlay 3.0 in navi map to mark it.Is there sth newer than it? What do you guys use? The problem with this "mod" is insufficient precision at close distances.
2. I'm trying to put Das Boot Officer Icons on ver.3.1(and earlier-always failed).Pls take a look at screenshot. Thats my crew before docking, then I install mentioned mod and I get every face substitued EXCEPT this guy who is sitting in WP station. Every time, no matter where the is, he remains unchanged. Any clues?The mod was made by "(c) tikila".

@Stiebler
I turned off SH3 commander and I think that solved the problem of not being warned of incoming planes.

[url=http://imageshack.us][/
kranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 08:36 AM   #182
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Kranz:

Officer icons:
You need to replace file 'OfficerA.tga' in folder silenthunteriii\data\menu\gui\layout. There are a lot of alternatives out there.
But should this question not have been better asked of "(c) tikila"?

Thanks for the feedback on SH3Commander, but I don't think that can be the cause of the restoration of your warning about incoming planes. Probably some other mod was affected.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 09:29 AM   #183
kranz
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler
@Kranz:

Officer icons:
You need to replace file 'OfficerA.tga' in folder silenthunteriii\data\menu\gui\layout. There are a lot of alternatives out there.
But should this question not have been better asked of "(c) tikila"?
yeah, I know how it works but as I said-all were replaced by das boot faces except for this one.Ok, nvm.I got used to those by Cap.America

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback on SH3Commander, but I don't think that can be the cause of the restoration of your warning about incoming planes. Probably some other mod was affected.

Stiebler.
The problem is that all the mods I had/have are listed below:

NYGM 3.1(happened too with 2.6)
nygm 2.5
Transparente Konsole and Capt.America Off.Icons. That's whole list. Now I use hitman's optics, additional merchants+smoke for coal but the plane problem appeared before I've installed them so if you are refering to any mods this could only be those four above.
Old 01-04-09, 05:20 AM   #184
itman
Seaman

Downloads: 144
Default troubles at the repair-station

I'm using NYGM-3.1 at the moment. I'm on my first patrol and recieved some minor damage in the "Hecktorpedoraum". But it seems I'm unable to repair that specific section. When in repair-screen, all I could select is section 2 and 7, countig from left to right (see pic in post #183). And the stuff on the bridge.

Any clues on this?

cheers
itman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 06:45 AM   #185
kranz
The Old Man

try putting there a few crewmen and wait for a moment.Do you see yellow color around this compartment?
Old 01-04-09, 10:56 AM   #186
itman
Seaman

Downloads: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranz
try putting there a few crewmen and wait for a moment.Do you see yellow color around this compartment?
Won't do so far. All I could select (highlight in yellow) is section 2 and 7.

The situation remains the same even after a reload.

mod-list:
NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_1
Harbor Traffic Add-In
IABLShipsforNYGM3
NYGM Merchant Smoke
Hitman 1.1 Optics NYGM 3.0
CaptainAmericaOfficerIcons
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
Single Merchant Contact Mod
1500 meter bearing overlay
Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools
Mute Seagulls

cheers
itman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 02:05 PM   #187
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Downloads: 652
Default NYGM Mods

Where could I find a complete compilation of all the Mods available for NYGM3.1?
Thank you
biosthetique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 10:01 AM   #188
kranz
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique
Where could I find a complete compilation of all the Mods available for NYGM3.1?
Thank you
imo sth like does this not exist but you can: find Sticky post at the top of mods section and browse it, get NYGM 2.5-it has several mods that were mentioned above, use Search button or ask here
Old 01-23-09, 01:02 PM   #189
Nedlam
Ensign

Downloads: 48

This might have been mentioned before (sorry if it has already) but there is a mod out there that lets you sit on the ocean floor and not take damage. That might be a nice addition to the realism aspect of NYGM. I'm worried if I install it it will screw up the damage mod you implimented in NYGM. I thought of going through it and see if I can tweak it but I think it's beyond my modder abilities.

Also, did I miss the fatigue model that can be used with Sub Commander? I created a fatigue model myself for NYGM following the steps in the Sub Commander instructions. I'm worried I broke the morale portion of the fatigue model again.

Love this mod. I've know I've said it before but thanks for all the work!

@ itman
You need to put crew in the compartments to fix them I think the only places the damage control team fixes now are the bridge, the forward crew compartment, flak guns and deck gun casing. It might take awhile even for minor damage. NYGM damage takes a lot longer to repair than the stock version I believe.

Speaking of damage. I'm guessing that all of the extra submarine systems located in the bridge section (dive planes, torpedo tubes, etc) are there to simulate having to go outside of the sub to fix?
Old 01-24-09, 07:49 AM   #190
jimmie
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0

Can this be incorporated?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...nd+room+camera

Hopefully with the hatches open...
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-09, 09:35 AM   #191
Nedlam
Ensign

Downloads: 48

Thanks, Mikhayl. I knew there was a mod out there. I should have know it was yours. Great work as always.
Old 01-25-09, 03:06 PM   #192
kranz
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman
I'm using NYGM-3.1 at the moment. I'm on my first patrol and recieved some minor damage in the "Hecktorpedoraum". But it seems I'm unable to repair that specific section. When in repair-screen, all I could select is section 2 and 7, countig from left to right (see pic in post #183). And the stuff on the bridge.

Any clues on this?

cheers
I've encountered the same today. Red marking around compartment remained even after reparing it. I instaled sh3 commander and I think it may be the reason.Are you using sh3 commader too?
Old 01-25-09, 07:18 PM   #193
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
@Stiebler
I turned off SH3 commander and I think that solved the problem of not being warned of incoming planes.
Quote:
...Red marking around compartment remained even after reparing it. I instaled sh3 commander and I think it may be the reason.Are you using sh3 commader too?
Kranz, may I recommend that you read the SH3Cmdr User Guide and learn what it does, and does not do, before pinning every problem you have onto it.

Last edited by JScones; 01-25-09 at 07:34 PM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 05:33 AM   #194
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Another little suggestion for future NYGM installs: It seems that some users don't notice that in the folder "documentation" NYGM ships a series of optional mods. Moving them to a "Mods" folder that places them directly in the JGSME mods folder and makes them visible when initiating the tool would probably be a good idea.
Old 01-26-09, 11:48 AM   #195
kranz
The Old Man

ok, I'm gonna answer you in a polite way though your post is kinda offensive. This is what Stiebler wrote:

Quote:
@Kranz
@Nedlam

The problems you both describe are hard-coded in SH3, and cannot be altered.

The air-attacks without warning could have many causes, but try rolling back SH3Commander and any other mods not supplied by NYGM to see if that improves matters.

Stiebler.
so I followed his advice and said what happened after that. I am NOT "pinning" any malfunctions that happen in game to your software. Ok-I agree-I should have posted this last one checking this only once. But-would I regard you program as crap and still tried to use?No. I'm just trying to find a solution and sometimes I post sth in regard to what I saw in game. That was an answer to that guy who could repair compartment etc-but I was using sh3 commander for several patrols and did NOT complain-I just have no idea why it doesn't work now. I mean whole game-not sh3 commander.

Tags
torpedos through hull