SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-15-11, 03:55 PM   #601
warlimont
Helmsman

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 0
Default which part of patch #2

my apologies beforehand if this has already been asked, but with some 600 replies and my level of laziness....
the tree for patch #2 is as follows:
magnum_opus_patch_2/anti-lag, maps, MODS, nvidia missing lights, shadows, text

should the above folder magnum_opus_patch_2 with all subordinated levels listed be added as is into jsgme?

or should the above MODS folder be opened first and only the following folder: magnum_opus_v0_0_1 be activated?

hope my above is clear.

thanks
warlimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 04:27 PM   #602
Japimon
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2

Hi!
This is really nice mod you have done! I like!

But: I have only playdel a little wtih this mod, and got a CTD by clicking the torpedoman in aft room.

And another thing is voices. I mean talking. Whenever I put the rudder to center, or chance the detonator mode of torpedoes, voice is repeated twice, and even in log it comes out twice. This could be fixed to the next patch if possible?

Then, does anyone know, if the Lite Campaing v2 is suitable to be played with megamod?

Thanks
Japimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 04:27 PM   #603
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

Im having real trouble with this.

I cannot lock the periscope to the target??, i even switched on the "Lock/Break lock" function, which stated that it was locked, nope i could freely move the scope and the target just went straight through it!. On the Keyboard menu, it states "Spacebar" is lock, but this just invites an American on board to annoy me!.

Also, after Making an ID on a target, there was noware in the manual to select it as a target, thus how does the stadimeter know what the mast height of the target is??

And while im on it..switching to the RAOFA something (outer rings) gives me complete loss of scope control, thus no sooner have i tried to read anything, the targets out of view!!

Seriously, i need some guidence here, as im finding it pointless looking for targets.

Thanks

Edit: One more thing, what happened to the sonar man and Watch crew....the Sonar man reports in silence to your message box, so i have to keep looking at it to see if there is a contact found, though he's so poor at his job, i cant trust him anyway, as for the watch crew, i surfaced 4000m away from a target, they said absoulutely nothing, but when i asked for nearest visual contact, he was more than happy to tell me about it!??
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 04:58 PM   #604
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post

I cannot lock the periscope to the target??, i even switched on the "Lock/Break lock" function, which stated that it was locked, nope i could freely move the scope and the target just went straight through it!. On the Keyboard menu, it states "Spacebar" is lock, but this just invites an American on board to annoy me!.

Also, after Making an ID on a target, there was noware in the manual to select it as a target, thus how does the stadimeter know what the mast height of the target is??

And while im on it..switching to the RAOFA something (outer rings) gives me complete loss of scope control, thus no sooner have i tried to read anything, the targets out of view!!

Seriously, i need some guidence here, as im finding it pointless looking for targets.

Thanks

Edit: One more thing, what happened to the sonar man and Watch crew....the Sonar man reports in silence to your message box, so i have to keep looking at it to see if there is a contact found, though he's so poor at his job, i cant trust him anyway, as for the watch crew, i surfaced 4000m away from a target, they said absoulutely nothing, but when i asked for nearest visual contact, he was more than happy to tell me about it!??
are you using TDW mega mod or TDW UI mod ? There is a lock target hud button with these mods . Dont trust the crew
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 05:53 PM   #605
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post

Try tutorial - Manual_TDC_02_90deg_Salvo or How_to_use_speed_finder_feature

Quote:
Try tutorial - Range_AOB_Practice or How_to_use_speed_finder_feature

Quote:
Use follow target.

Quote:
Seriously, i need some guidence here, as im finding it pointless looking for targets
You need to be patched to Magnum_Opus_Patch_2
Old 01-15-11, 06:03 PM   #606
PJMaybe
Swabbie

Downloads: 40

I've changed a few of the hot keys in the useroptions.py file and now I'm getting CTD when I start playing. At the menu I get this screen but I don't get an error message. I've checked the few edits I made and haven't used any keys I shouldn't have and have not duplicated any keys that were already in use (as shown on F1).

PJMaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 06:53 PM   #607
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156
Underwater light conditions far too bright

TDW,

Pls have a look at the underwater view screenshot on http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums?...409#2981066409, discussed over in the German UBI Forum.

That seems far too bright for a situation when light conditions above water are far darker, sun going down and sky filled with darkish clouds. I don't think it can be so much brighter below water than above.

Maybe it's the integrated SteelViking: SV&Com Underwater Mod, possibly in combination with W_clear's Environment 5.0.

I'm sure this can be fixed.
Old 01-15-11, 07:11 PM   #608
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Question to anyone who can help - or TDW: Is travel mode disabled? Or have I not set something properly in the options file?

I have so many radio messages coming in that high TC to traverse any great distance is impossible... every few seconds you get snapped back to 1x - and this is WITH "travel mode" enabled.

How to fix? Please help...
Thanks in advance!

And many, many thanks to TDW for this fantastic compilation and the work it took to combine it!!! Thank you, The Dark Wraith.

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 08:07 PM   #609
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

He thanks for this super MOD.
I was waiting for years for this.

Where is the Donation button?
Old 01-15-11, 09:22 PM   #610
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Setting the Shadow Slider in the Graphics Options to half resolved my issue with the CTD and flashing load problems.

Going to do a full test run now..
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 09:23 PM   #611
Poacher886
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
are you using TDW mega mod or TDW UI mod ? There is a lock target hud button with these mods . Dont trust the crew

Im using Stock game with Mega-Mod + Patch2. And i see no 'Lock target' button unless im looking in the wrong place! i've got rid of the bloody XO and all his nonsence... apart from cluttering the screen, i'd rather figure out the solution myself!

@Trevally,thanks for your feedback, but is there a way i can read the answers to my issues without have to go through a tutorial!, or are the tutorials text based?

Basically the game + Mod is almost fantastic, but the following are really spoiling it for me......

1. As stated, the issues i have with locking target, not understanding how you input the Ship mast height from the ship manual to the TDC, and allowing movement one the "outer reticle rings" are present. (where do i find "Follow target"?

2. The weather reports allways say its either 0 wind or 14 wind! nothing in between. p.s dows rain exist in the game?

3. NO reports from the sonar man or Watchcrew!!!! this ones a biggy. The sonar man detects nothing and says nothing despite half a dozen targets being audiable. Yet if you ask him for nearest contact...he happily discovers it and writes it in your text box. The watch crew say nothing, except 3 minutes after i was strafed from two fighter aircraft with crew wounded, they kindly informed me that aircraft were sighted!.

4. "DIVE", "DIVE", DIVE".......now stop diving, no seriously stop diving....bang! Does the ruder amidship not level the boat, is there any way to level the boat without fumbling for the depth gauge?

4. Speed / depth control....i've read about this one before. Annoying but not a game killer.

5. "Battlestations"....not, where's the key for it?

6. "Nearest visual contact Watchman", yes Captin, its 27º and 132,000 KM away, really, i cant see it through my x7 UZO for S**t.!...oh and why did'nt you tell me you could see a ship then!

8. "Sonarman, give me estimate range to target",.. "i have no target",...Oh dont bother then.

Each to there own and all that, but for me these are problems with core elements of the sim, perhaps there is a solution for these and my lack of game time means im missing it, (I hope so)

either way, any guidence / help with the above would be vastly apreciated as there tarnishing an otherwise winner...and it does look good eh!
Old 01-15-11, 09:55 PM   #612
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Yup, that fixed it...
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 08:15 AM   #613
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Don't forget the hot soup mod.
Old 01-16-11, 10:58 AM   #614
Poacher886
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi again Poacher
When you upgrade from one version of the Magnum Opus or NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_ByTheDarkWraith to a later one (or from one patch to a later version) you should use the Migration Tool which you find in the Magnum Opus\data\Applications folder.
A quite straightforward and simple tool!
The reason to why you "lose" your previous settings is that even the patch has a new TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and when you acivate the patch in JSGME the patch's new one overwrites the old one (i.e. with the settings you already have done) if you don't use the Migration Tool.
( Another useful software I've found handy is WinMerge. With this you can edit two files simultaneously, e.g. two versions of the UserOptionsfile. It even highlights differences between the two files. You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmerge/ )

I don't get what you are saying about your C/Ubisoft/SH5/data/scripts/menu/optionsfile. I have no such file...
AFAIK the file (where you make your settings for the Mod) is the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py which is to be found in C:\Ubisoft\SH5\MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0.0.1\data\Scrips \Menu folder.
Could you please tell:
1. How you activate your mods?
2. What's the structure of the mods you use?

The structure of all mods must be:

"Mod's name"\data\

// Cheers
Thanks Silent steel, i'll try to explain.

Activating Mods for me is as follows: I download the mod to desktop ( i like everything i download from the net to go to desktop where i can see it and delete it if necessary without having to hunt the Hard drive for it!), then using 7z i extract the files....to desktop!.

This is where i start to get confused normally, do i just copy/paste or drag the whole extracted folder into my mods folder or open it and move just the data files??? either way, i normaly suss it out and drag the selected files into.... C / Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / MODS.

From here, i open JSGME (which is on my desktop) and activate the mod. With the exception of the "Grossdeutscher Rundfunk" mod which i just added and cant get working (i've started a separate thread for this), the Mega-mod and patches have all worked fine.

Now for the user options changes that caused a pain in the rear. Going into the said folder C / Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / MODS, then into Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 / data / scripts / menu / TheDarkWraithUserOptions, and opening it as notepad (which changed all files to notepad) i made my adjustments, this had no effect, i went into the same file in Patch 1 and Patch 2 with no effect.

So as a last ditch i skimmed through Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / data , and found the file "Scripts", in this is another file "Menu" and in that are all the same notepad style files from Magnum_Opus, it looks exactly the same as MODS / Magnum_Opus.! so i went to the TheDarkWraithUserOptions opened and made my changes, which do have the desired effect!! this is now where i make changes to my preferance.

Hope this helps
Old 01-16-11, 11:00 AM   #615
warlimont
Helmsman

Downloads: 122
Default target solution

am i right in presuming that the only way to acquire a target solution is manually in the mega-mod?
warlimont is offline   Reply With Quote