SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-06-18, 07:31 PM   #1
bill clarke
Captain

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
Default Goodbye Stormpowered

I post this in the vain hope that someone from or connected with stormpowered may read it.

I have been a loyal and faithful supporter of this company since the days of DG's. Having spent hard earned money on the pro editions of DG's and Jutland, and spent my own time clearing out spam on their forum.

The jutland game hasn't worked properly in a longtime, but no one as SES would admit there was a problem, they couldn't see it at their end, and no one from the company bothered to post updates or answer the many requests for help on the forums apart from a initial "sorry to hear that"

I haven't played the game in over 3 years, and just recently SES changed the format of their forums, I tried to log in, and got a message that my user name was not recognized, and, surprise surprise, the game won't load either.
I have uninstalled the games, stormpowered, and deleted the forum link from my computer.

So, a question to SES, did you bother to bring over all the registered members to your new forum? if not, why not?

My advice to all members on this board, stay away from this company, have nothing to do with them.

Last edited by bill clarke; 01-07-18 at 12:55 AM.
bill clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 01:34 PM   #2
Crinius
Watch

Downloads: 41

I feel the same. I own DG and Jutland. Jutland isnt launching anymore. Iam in contact with their support noch since 09.14.!!!!!!. Beside some useles advice like "Install new" there came nothing. I should send them a diagnostic file which I cant do because their server isnt answering. Since December they arent answering anymore to my mails. They ignore me. Still can not play Jutland.

Worst and most useless support Ive ever had.

Stay away from Stompowered and save your money.
Crinius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 07:51 AM   #3
MekStark
Seaman

Uploads: 2

Just to let you know, days ago I purchased Jutland Pro and it works just fine on my side.

Has to be launched from within Stormpowered's NotSteam games list to work, launching from desktop icon seems to work half the time.

Hope that helps for any interested.
MekStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-18, 04:07 AM   #4
Crinius
Watch

Just a short update. Still cant play Jutland. Havent heard from them since December 2017. Every couple of weeks I asked their support if they have any news regarding my problem. Zero response. I now cant even log in to support. Iam under the impression they blocked me out. My advice, dont waist your money for Stormpowered games.
Crinius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 09:25 AM   #5
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Downloads: 97

bought the game 7 years ago and tried to get my license back but no chance to contact them, not even to register on the forum.

Edit: finally reached them, looks like they still alive.

Last edited by MANoWAR.U52; 10-10-18 at 11:36 AM.
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 06:26 AM   #6
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Downloads: 97

They are still alive and I was able to reactive my license.
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-19, 12:27 PM   #7
Madmatt2525
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 14

A little late to the party but maybe this trick will help those that can't get either Distant Guns or Jutland to start.

Go into the game folder and look at all the files and you should see a file called "Spalsh.exe". Now remove or better yet rename the splash.exe file to something like splash.bak. If you have both games, do this for each game.

Now see if it launches.

The issues is that the startup splash screen video seems to use some codec or format that not everyone has installed any longer on their computers. This workaround was discovered many years ago and seemed to help a lot of us out that played with newer versions of Windows installed.

Give it a try.

Madmatt
Madmatt2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 06:39 AM   #8
g0isw
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 114
Default Struggling to get Jutland to load

Just tried returning to Jutland and it tries to update from SES server but fails. Much of the StormPowered sites return errors when trying to load their pages, has SES closed completely?

Tried the renaming of splash.exe, but for me this didn't work.
g0isw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 10:55 AM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Madmatt2525! & g0isw HOW IRONIC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL CLARK
My advice to all members on this board, stay away from this company, have nothing to do with them.
FANTASY
MEETS REALITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM JELLICO
"Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today."
< QUEEN MARY & HMS INDEFATIGABLE> HMS INVINCIBLE>< PICS ENLARGE

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 04:56 PM   #10
frigokar
Sailor man

Downloads: 66

i bought the game with all packs days ago and im playing normaly...actually i came here for extra info,since i learned that things like many ships firing at same target and sun setting and all that plays into accuracy so i wanted to know where is all this info coming from(cause manual isnt that detailed)
frigokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 07:41 PM   #11
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

frigacar! after a 5 year silent run.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote