SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-20, 03:17 PM   #1726
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

RA 1.49 have no official patch but in our active players community we use "unofficial cumulative patch" (made by Crazy Ivan).
Unfortunatelly i don't remember every included fixes so just test it. Link below:

Link to patch on my google drive

Quote:
Let me know if any of you wanna try this new scenario
Of course im interested to try your scenario
Old 07-13-20, 11:04 AM   #1727
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Can I upload it here? Please let me know.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 12:31 PM   #1728
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Can I upload it here? Please let me know.
If the patch you are asking about, click at the orange link above. If for the mission you are asking then I ???

Last edited by Polak2; 07-13-20 at 05:11 PM.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 08:23 AM   #1729
Wolfcat
Chief

I am asking to upload and share my missions.
Old 07-14-20, 10:34 AM   #1730
Polak2
Weps

Yeah, on the 2nd reading I sounded pretty senile. sorry
Old 07-15-20, 06:45 PM   #1731
Wolfcat
Chief

Some feedback and comments on v1.49+unofficial patch:
Overall 1.49 is great, much better than previous versions. I like it so far.

1. Some ships don't use CIWS well. I tested Arleigh Burke DDGH (the latest flight) and Chinese Type 52D and C. The problem is very obvious when you put aircraft near them. They never engage aircraft with CIWS regardless how close they are. I haven't tested all ships but I have a gut feeling that no ships will engage air target with CIWS

2. Aircraft launched from aircraft carrier often times will ditch into the sea immediately after taking off.

3. Destroyers and cruisers don't like to use their helos to engage subs. They usually use ASROC and launch a barrage of mk54's.

4. Ship launched SAMs and ASMs will do erratic dance then ditch into the sea. This problem is much better than 1.48 and the unofficial patch made it a lot better but still some missiles would just drop to sea. Maybe a problem that cannot be completely corrected.

5. Carrier launched fighters would go after enemy ships. They will fly over the enemy ships and strafe them with cannons. I believe unofficial patch made it worse. Maybe need a doctrine change to AAW armed fighters. Make them ignore surface or ground targets.

6. Some of the aircraft in the database have wrong max speed numbers. I believe the database is based on knots, not mph. But some aircraft's top speeds are using mph, that would artificially make some aircraft fly faster than their real life counterpart.
Old 07-16-20, 04:42 PM   #1732
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

If you don't know any hosting file service just add your scenario as txt (acceptable attachement extension)

Change yourscenario.mu to yourscenario.txt
Old 07-16-20, 07:37 PM   #1733
Wolfcat
Chief

Some correction to my last comment and feedback on v1.49. Actually the ships DO use CIWS. Just the ships I used such as Arleigh DDHM doesn't have gun CIWS. It has Sea Sparrow as its close-in weapon. My apologies. It would be great if somehow we can increase the accuracy of gun CIWS. Right now, CIWS cannons are like WWII unguided AAA. It can't even bring down a closeby airplane.
Old 07-18-20, 04:00 AM   #1734
Polak2
Weps

Quote:
6. Some of the aircraft in the database have wrong max speed numbers. I believe the database is based on knots, not mph. But some aircraft's top speeds are using mph, that would artificially make some aircraft fly faster than their real life counterpart.
Do we have any specific example of this ? Are they originals or added aircrafts? I guess, added right?
Old 07-20-20, 07:49 AM   #1735
Wolfcat
Chief

I tried changing mission file to txt. But it says the file size too big exceeding the limit of 19kb. Btw, FFG Perry's helos will disappear once they are recovered back onto the ship? I was playing the mission "DW-Gulf Breakout". My helos ran out of torpedoes then I called them back to re-arm. Once I ordered them back into the hanger for Alert 30, they disappeared. Cannot re-launch them anymore.
Old 07-22-20, 08:09 AM   #1736
tAKticool47
Mate

Downloads: 1
Default Could be Wind?

Not sure of your particular case- but that has happened to me before- and it wasn't until I realized it was the wind.

If the Wind is too high, and the Wind Profile meter is out of the acceptable launch & recovery envelope, the helicopters can't land. Remember the wind is often causes heavy seas and big waves etc.

In REALITY, they could probably physically take off , given a decently motivated crew to get it moving quickly and a good pilot/pilots - but it could never land without crashing.

So in the game, when the wind is outside the Wind Recovery profile, the helicopters will take the "Recover" command and will then land (although it often takes AGES for them to actually do the landing- I've tested in Sea State 5 and it took several minutes at maximum time-warp for the helicopter to finalize it's landing in the "Final Approach") and it looks like it goes into the hangar, but then the status changes to DOWN - it's the game letting you know that it crashed on landing due to wind.

Which is odd, any other platform, the helo or aircraft will physically kaboom on a bad landing but this is I guess some sort of quirk.

Anyway I can't say for certain that's what happened to you , but sounds like it.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-20, 10:11 AM   #1737
Wolfcat
Chief

Oh, I see. Haven't played FFG much. That's the first time I heard about the effect of wind state. Btw, the scenario I was running is called "Gulf breakout". You can see that one in the mission list. One of the old DW scenarios.

Btw, how do I avoid wake homing torpedoes? It seems like a silver bullet. Once it's launched, a hit is guaranteed. I put my ship to full stop and there was no wake around me, but the torpedo still homes in on me.

Also, I just sent my scenario at RA's website. If you are interested, please go ahead download it. Subsim doesn't allow any attachment bigger than 19kb. Currently the scenario is single player only. But if your mp community needs a mp version. I can easily change it to mp. I plan to add a Perry on the U.S. side and make the Chinese kilo user controllable.

Last edited by Wolfcat; 07-22-20 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-28-20, 08:19 AM   #1738
Polak2
Weps

Is there somewhere a repository of all RA versions from v1.0? If not in form of full downloads, then perhaps posting of changelogs for all of the changes. I guess, that could be searched and extracted from both: subsim and red rogers forums, I thought just ask first if perhaps that could be found somewhere else ?
Old 07-28-20, 12:21 PM   #1739
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Full changelog is in every version.
I've got almost every RA installation version since 1.35 (except 1.37 and 1.45)
1.45 only installed

Btw first released RA version was 1.32

Last edited by p7p8; 07-28-20 at 12:29 PM.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 01:54 PM   #1740
Pirate
Lieutenant

Downloads: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
Btw first released RA version was 1.32
Actually, I believe it was version 1.0 (14-09-2009)

Tags
reinforce alert