SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-14-17, 03:18 AM   #1
alex2011
Swabbie

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Icon1 i have Some questions to ask about game from experienced players

1- what is maximum Depth reached at Original game and modded version ? and exactly which sub?

2- whats Maximum speed reached Original and modded game play in exactly which sub or platform ?

3- best sonar equipment in game for high frequency and long range contact and is it available or at least very close in game or any mode?
alex2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 03:56 AM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > alex2011
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 04:32 AM   #3
alex2011
Swabbie

Icon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > alex2011
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Thank u sir! its a privilege and at your service
Old 08-14-17, 09:08 AM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

alex2011!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 11:48 AM   #5
goldfish716
Sailor man

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2011 View Post
1- what is maximum Depth reached at Original game and modded version ? and exactly which sub?

2- whats Maximum speed reached Original and modded game play in exactly which sub or platform ?

3- best sonar equipment in game for high frequency and long range contact and is it available or at least very close in game or any mode?
1. Test depth is around 1000 ft for the original american subs. Modded subs have much lower test depths, like 2000 or 3000 on some Russian subs.

2. 33 knots is max for LA. Modded Russians can go 42-45 knots at max.

3. I don't mess with sonar. So IDK.
goldfish716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-17, 02:22 PM   #6
phelan1777
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The test depth can be changed to pretty much any variable. It's the 'physical' depth that I've seen on most maps at around 2K or less.

There may be built in depth limit for the same of the game engine? Not sure.

Though if the sea floor had all sorts of random stuff to explore? I'd love to dive to 32k ft with a Sea Wolf or an Alpha. Just a thought. Hahaha

I can't speak for Sonar.

I haven't seen what the max modded speed is, but I've played around with 60, 90, 120knts submerged. Fun out running torps and missles.

I may or may not have broken the game a few times.

I do this just for my own curiosity as it takes away the fun of having to actually dodge incoming torps and depth charges, plus then you really have to worry about grounding at high speeds.
Old 08-15-17, 03:04 PM   #7
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1
Default i have Some questions to ask about game from experienced players

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2011 View Post

High frequency and long range do not go hand in hand. In any era the Skipjack has the weakest kit and the other boats are either identical or comparable to one another, I assume this is due to modularity in the spherical array. That said, a quieter boat will interfere with sonar less, in that regard Narwhal is hands down the best.

As for depth, crush depth is a variable based on test depth. You'll never know just how far past it you can go and survive.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-17, 03:10 PM   #8
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
High frequency and long range do not go hand in hand. In any era the Skipjack has the weakest kit and the other boats are either identical or comparable to one another, I assume this is due to modularity in the spherical array. That said, a quieter boat will interfere with sonar less, in that regard Narwhal is hands down the best.

As for depth, crush depth is a variable based on test depth. You'll never know just how far past it you can go and survive.
Are you saying that the Narwhal is the quietest and therefore interferes with its (hull mounted) sonar the least? Or that the Narwhal has the best detection capability, because I thought that was the LA.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-17, 04:43 PM   #9
SiegDerMaus
Edgerunner

Downloads: 10

1. The deepest I've gone was about 1500 feet, trying to shake some ASW helicopters, and it was in the Narwhal.

2. Fastest boat is hands down the Los Angeles class (unless you count Soviet subs) at around 33 knots submerged.

3. As for sonar, it's a bit more subjective. The Narwhal is certainly the quietest, but I've had far more luck with the Los Angeles class. It has the most advanced passive sonar systems currently in game, even though the Narwhal is quieter and interferes less.

Edit: Collapse depth is roughly going to be the test depth + 50% (as the US Navy defines test depth as 2/3rds of a vessel's design depth).
SiegDerMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-17, 05:58 PM   #10
alex2011
Swabbie

Icon11

thanks all you guys for advises and notes!

Mike class sub test depth 2750!!!! its was awesome!!! cat and mouse with torpedo up and down multiple times and finally satisfied about depth

max speed test Alpha class 40knts! its wasnt very cool because when i got to force sub to full left or right to 180 turn its was very slow...
LA class is more maneuverable

about sonar yesterday i played with legendary typhoon my favorite sub in the world its was silent run Red October beta i guess forced me to watch the legendary movie again !! any way its seems sonar in this vessel is bug! i start the contact and it reveal all enemy with 4 sec of game play really?? even more than 35ktss RNG!! really a feature or bug???

and finally i found a devil sub the (Ohio Class ) with 150 missiles stored!! cheezez!! it can destroy entire fleet of ships in the game with 1 trip only!!

Tags
maximum'speed'depth