SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-20, 03:49 PM   #16
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Some things don't change, at least not yet. My most recent trip to Cardiff ended in sheer chaos. Mission was to insert an agent, find some AA guns and while I was at it, test the new T5 torpedos. Well, I figured why not empty the tubes where I had T3s, to make room for the T5s, and there were a few warships moored up, destroyers and corvettes. Aimed at 2 corvettes and a destroyer and sunk them. Then all hell broke loose. 2 destroyers previously hidden behind the piers started up their engines, stricken with sudden hydrophobia, they both desperately tried to crawl up on the piers while the corvettes head butted the said destroyers pushing them like rag dolls up in the air and back into the water where they even more desperately tried to crawl back on dry land, far away from lurking submarines...

Oh well, at least La Rochelle has its working 88mm battery in place now and the circling sunderland is no more.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 03:03 PM   #17
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Seeing how the range of the tier 3 radar warning receiver is crippled compared to the tier 1 RWR makes me wonder: Anyone have any idea if the lower tiers are rendered ineffective later in the war as Britain's radars improve? Else I think I'll stick with the tier 1 for a very long time.

EDIT
Something happened with b128 final. No more radio messages and the crisis management tutorial is pretty broken. 25 minutes has now passed 2 hours due to a stuck slo-mo and no way in sight to complete it.

Last edited by Von Due; 11-19-20 at 04:34 PM.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote