Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-22-21, 12:07 AM   #1
captain27
Watch

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default WoS - Could not finish the Eastern British Coastal mission

My mission is:
"Patrol area assigned. Reach AN5588 and start operations. Attack any enemy contact"

So I am already in AN5588 and my current tonnage is 56025. I have already sent my status and location to HQ.

I have received a Radio message that I need to keep continue with my mission. However, I did not get anything else.

So now do I need to wait or roam around? I see the "ship sinking" icon still appears near to "Eastern British Coastal". So do I need to sink more ships?
captain27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 06:09 AM   #2
captain27
Watch

Please anyone help me to finish this mission?
Old 02-22-21, 10:35 AM   #3
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

have you saved and reloaded i read somewhere if you save and restarted where you save it would restart the mission timer
Old 02-22-21, 02:14 PM   #4
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain27 View Post
My mission is:
"Patrol area assigned. Reach AN5588 and start operations. Attack any enemy contact"

So I am already in AN5588 and my current tonnage is 56025. I have already sent my status and location to HQ.

I have received a Radio message that I need to keep continue with my mission. However, I did not get anything else.

So now do I need to wait or roam around? I see the "ship sinking" icon still appears near to "Eastern British Coastal". So do I need to sink more ships?
Here's the post from TWoS installation page that explains how campaign and objectives work:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=3816

In short, objective will be automatically counted as finished when its assigned time runs out. This was to avoid unrealistic system from unmodded game where to progress you had to fulfill some predetermined tonnage/sinking quotas (to put it in another perspective - if Gunther Prien spotted British fleet at sea when on his way to Scapa Flow and sunk a couple battleships, BdU would still be happy even though he didn't technically "complete his objective")
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 02:57 AM   #5
captain27
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
have you saved and reloaded i read somewhere if you save and restarted where you save it would restart the mission timer
I have saved the game and restarted many times. What you mean by mission timers? The problem is, the mission still on-going I think it should mark as finished.
Old 02-23-21, 03:01 AM   #6
captain27
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Here's the post from TWoS installation page that explains how campaign and objectives work:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=3816

In short, objective will be automatically counted as finished when its assigned time runs out. This was to avoid unrealistic system from unmodded game where to progress you had to fulfill some predetermined tonnage/sinking quotas (to put it in another perspective - if Gunther Prien spotted British fleet at sea when on his way to Scapa Flow and sunk a couple battleships, BdU would still be happy even though he didn't technically "complete his objective")
Thanks for the reply. If you checked this video he has completed the mission without any tonnages check at 15:54

Old 02-23-21, 03:11 AM   #7
captain27
Watch

Default recevied radio message from Bdu

OK so I sent my status and contacts. Here is the message I received from Bdu

Old 02-23-21, 03:22 AM   #8
captain27
Watch

But in the video series he received a message like this:

But I never received this..
Old 02-23-21, 10:43 AM   #9
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
I have saved the game and restarted many times. What you mean by mission timers? The problem is, the mission still on-going I think it should mark as finished.
from the quick start manual
- If I patrol the area for 20 hours , save the game and continue the game the other day , this time I patrolled is also saved ?
Unfortunately , it is not...You shouldn't reload the game or leaving the area until those 48/72 hours are passed. However, if your patrol timer is stopped due to mentioned reasons, it is not the end of the world (You'll stay short for just a couple of crew promotional points, there is no other penalties). This also means that you certainly don't wont to miss approaching large convoy just because it is outside of your patrol area... You can restart your stuck patrol timer by exiting from patrol zone, saving/reloading the game and entering the designated zone again...
Old 03-02-21, 11:40 PM   #10
captain27
Watch

Anybody experience the same issue I had? So basically you should not load the game? during the patrol right?
Old 03-03-21, 12:40 AM   #11
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Anybody experience the same issue I had? So basically you should not load the game? during the patrol right?
stay in the area until you get a radio message most of mine been 24 hours but could take longer don't load or leave area here where i use tc 32 or 64 if you leave the area or load time starts over again