SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-15-15, 01:00 PM   #2041
Equilax
Watch

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Sorry for my intrusion, am I the only who can't change campaign? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, i follow the instructions for install the mod and everything gone fine this time (after 5-6 times i start to be expert), i started a new campaign and i completed all goals but when deadline at 6/1/1940 nothing happens and i cannot select other missions. Before start to play when i was to the bunker i saved and reload the game out VDR told me.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Campaign.cfg.txt (13.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: txt CampaignProgress.cfg.txt (12.7 KB, 3 views)
Equilax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 01:09 PM   #2042
psykopatsak
Medic

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
It happens but only sometimes due to random unit activation...

I don't know how many times I have started campaign over again but I never saw something like that.
If they detect you, they'll shout at you...Simple as that...

And for any further AI related doubts you should check IRAI thread/changelog, things will get much more clear for you, I'm sure...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171973
Well, I have two incidents of airplane attack on the polish taskforce triggering gun attacks on me the same instant the ships start to manovre. It felt like the ships main guns just picked closest surface target upon coming under attack. *MIGHT* be a coincidence, but it felt like the coincidence was too exact.

Also two incidents of a friendly warship and a polish merchant passing each other within a few kilometres without the warship opening fire. After I shot with my deck gun, it took until the merchant started searchlights and zig-zaging when suddenly the warship opens fire.
psykopatsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 01:32 PM   #2043
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilax View Post
Sorry for my intrusion, am I the only who can't change campaign? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, i follow the instructions for install the mod and everything gone fine this time (after 5-6 times i start to be expert), i started a new campaign and i completed all goals but when deadline at 6/1/1940 nothing happens and i cannot select other missions. Before start to play when i was to the bunker i saved and reload the game out VDR told me.
Yes, that's because you started campaign before hotfix3, right?
This is classic example of stuck tonnage bar bug, but luckally it is over now...
You only have to change any of "IsCompleted=false" to "IsCompleted=true" lines in Campaign.cfg (from your last gamesave before 6/1/40) file and your problem will be solved...Happy times are waiting!

Also make sure to enable latest patch and hotfix before you enter Happy Times...

Last edited by vdr1981; 06-15-15 at 01:50 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 01:52 PM   #2044
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Is the 0000-00-00 corruption happening a lot or am I just unlucky?

This seems to be something again that started to happen around the same time last year as the tonnage bar problems.

I have not had one like this before 0333-05-84

Of the 4 units destroyed to date 2 warships, 2 merchants only 1 destroyed mark has showed on the map.

Just reloaded the game to day and now have 4 destroyed marks showing on the map.

While the date can be edited in the Captain’s Log it’s just an irritating constant reminder of how bugged this game is.

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 06-15-15 at 02:01 PM.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 02:27 PM   #2045
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Is the 0000-00-00 corruption happening a lot or am I just unlucky?
Always for me...Fortunately there is no other side effects...
You can change manually strange date numbers in captainglog.oni file from gamesave for your current patrol or in cariertrack.upc file for previous patrols...
Old 06-15-15, 02:32 PM   #2046
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Shipwreck mod is just a few ships on the bottom . They are terrain objects and your computer wouldn't even know LOL . I will see if I can get rid of the dates altogether that THEBERBSTER speaks about .
If you don't want the Kiel lite mod then just remove the campaign folder from my Terrain mod (take out campaign and menu folders) . I cannot justify 25fps in Kiel with an AMD290 graphics card . Any future updates to the terrain mod will be just the terrain part and mostly just colors . unless there is a specific port or place you want fixing up .
Page CaptainLog
[G35 I84]
Name=DateText (I just changed the font to do not load font)

Last edited by THE_MASK; 06-15-15 at 03:24 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 02:44 PM   #2047
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
Icon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
The patch will be ready tomorrow
Quote:
Gap, If you haven't created patch already I did something. Would you like to take a look to see is everything OK with my changes to cfg files?
Sorry Vecko for being late. I was out all the day long. Here's the patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4m...s_ws_patch.zip

It should limit weather change interval to 1-2 hours (min-max) and wind speed to 0-5 m/s. You can use it, or you can send me the files edited by you, if you prefer.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 04:20 PM   #2048
Equilax
Watch

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Yes, that's because you started campaign before hotfix3, right?
This is classic example of stuck tonnage bar bug, but luckally it is over now...
You only have to change any of "IsCompleted=false" to "IsCompleted=true" lines in Campaign.cfg (from your last gamesave before 6/1/40) file and your problem will be solved...Happy times are waiting!

Also make sure to enable latest patch and hotfix before you enter Happy Times...
Yes you are right i started before hotfix3. I tried to edit the Campaign.cfg file but i guess i do something wrong because the game continue to crash when i load the gamesave file, it also delete all the change i did before start the game i'll try again tomorrow. Thank you.
Equilax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 05:04 PM   #2049
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Sorry Vecko for being late. I was out all the day long. Here's the patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4m...s_ws_patch.zip

It should limit weather change interval to 1-2 hours (min-max) and wind speed to 0-5 m/s. You can use it, or you can send me the files edited by you, if you prefer.
OK, I'll start Black Pit campaign (from France) and sail to the central Atlantic...
Old 06-15-15, 05:13 PM   #2050
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I extracted it from Das Boot movie and merge it with real torpedo sound from some mod from SH4, can remember which one though...
No, I am not talking about torpedo launch sound. That one sounds good! I mean the one played when an interface button is pushed (scope raise/lower, ship selection in SOAN, top right menu tab, TDC imput mode toggle, etc.). It sounds more as a water drop than an analogic button being pushed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykopatsak View Post
And AI ships dont recognize each other as enemies unless I opened fire with the deck gun (when the polish merchant started its searchlight, Schelsweig Holstein suddenly opened up and Roflstomped it). Also, some polish destryers that hadnt spotted me yet were attacked by airplanes, but their main batteries started shooting at me instead.
Quote:
I don't know how many times I have started campaign over again but I never saw something like that.
If they detect you, they'll shout at you...Simple as that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykopatsak View Post
Well, I have two incidents of airplane attack on the polish taskforce triggering gun attacks on me the same instant the ships start to manovre. It felt like the ships main guns just picked closest surface target upon coming under attack. *MIGHT* be a coincidence, but it felt like the coincidence was too exact.

Also two incidents of a friendly warship and a polish merchant passing each other within a few kilometres without the warship opening fire. After I shot with my deck gun, it took until the merchant started searchlights and zig-zaging when suddenly the warship opens fire.
Two incidents which deserve being reported in IRAI thread IMO, though TDW has been rather quiet during the last months.

Talking more specifically about your experience of air raids triggering a gun attack on you (rather than against the attacking planes), IIRC AI units can only focus on an enemy at a time. This is a game limitation. Moreover, I seem to remember that IRAI got a routine for helping AI units to decide which enemy they should aim ther weapons at, when more than one enemy is within their range. Enemy unit type and/or enemy range might be considered. Maybe the said routine is mistakenly taking into account ALL the enemy units that are within firing range, rather than limiting itself to the ones that have already been detected.

EDIT: ...or maybe after getting alerted by the air raid, the Polish taskforce finally spotted you, and they decided to aim their guns to what they considered a more valuable target.

Last edited by gap; 06-15-15 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-15-15, 05:15 PM   #2051
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
OK, I'll start Black Pit campaign (from France) and sail to the central Atlantic...
Fingers crossed...
Testing area and season not relevant with this patch. Anywhere, anytime, weather change interval and wind speed should be within the said intervals.

Last edited by gap; 06-15-15 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-15-15, 06:02 PM   #2052
THEBERBSTER

The invisible prop/screw is powering this along at the original speed of 5 knots

Still going at 5 knots

Not anymore

No prop/screw yet still able to cover quite a distance.
I had to stay with it for quite a while until it eventually sank.
Old 06-15-15, 06:06 PM   #2053
THEBERBSTER

The date corruptions do not seem to serve any purpose as all the data has already been recorded correctly and can be see in the Captain's Log each time the icon is pressed.
Old 06-15-15, 06:42 PM   #2054
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Fingers crossed...
Testing area and season not relevant with this patch. Anywhere, anytime, weather change interval and wind speed should be within the said intervals.
Not so good news I'm afraid Gap...

First try, without reloading:
Black Pit, Starting date September 20th 13:00h
Initial wind 2 m/s

First weather change, September 22nd 08:40h
Wind 4 m/s

Second weather change, September 24th 07:50h
Wind 0 m/s

Second try, loaded save, grid BE56:
Date: Sep 23rd 09:00h, Initial wind 7 m/s

First weather change: Sep 25th 04:10h
Wind 15 m/s

It seems that in the campaign weather change intervals are completely ignored, while there is a still chance that wind speed limits are taken into account...
But after reload, it's even worse...
Old 06-15-15, 08:07 PM   #2055
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Icon10 Ship Capsize & Listing Effects 1.0_by vdr1981 in action....

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote