SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-31-23, 10:09 PM   #1306
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Maybe someone can help me.I have been trying to increase the range of the submarine wake sound so I hear it standing on the conning deck as it gives me a feeling of movement thru the water.If you go external and place camera at ship bow you will hear the sound playing but as you move backwards the sound cuts off at around the machine gun.That is until the latest NYGME and now the sound is completely gone. LOL

Anyone have a clue as why that is?
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 01:33 AM   #1307
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Many thanks for the new update!...I can´t finish a career with all the new awesome versions, but, also, I never reached the steel coffin level... Death is death, but the new versions saved me, ever...

A simple question (or not): I prefer to use the ARB GUI, but I have the salvo selector without the tube numbers...I know how to repair it from the times of the old ARB GUI, with SH3C, but I don´t see (or I can´t see), the optional salvo selectors for SH3C according the boat used in SC NYGM. Is there some way with SC NYGM to have the respective selector without using SH3C (and the old mod for that from ARB GUI?

With the hardcore GUI all works fine with the selector.

Really, my dream GUI is a mix of the hardcore GUI with ARB GUI; I like the center position of the scope in ARB, with the Torpedovorhaltrechner separated in the tactical map...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
I decided to delete the salvo numbers in ARB because of the mess it gives between periscope & attack map…
You can easily see what the salvo button is selecting even without numbers: just watch the green lamps on right hand side…
Nothing is perfect in this world. Always compromises

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 01:40 AM   #1308
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Maybe someone can help me.I have been trying to increase the range of the submarine wake sound so I hear it standing on the conning deck as it gives me a feeling of movement thru the water.If you go external and place camera at ship bow you will hear the sound playing but as you move backwards the sound cuts off at around the machine gun.That is until the latest NYGME and now the sound is completely gone. LOL

Anyone have a clue as why that is?
You’ll learn that messing around with sound files in SH3 can introduce strange things…
Game cannot handle more than a certain number of sound files together, certainly linked to the memory limitation.
If you add, or move sound effects … this can result in a mess.
Good luck!

Old 04-01-23, 03:48 AM   #1309
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Do you delete the static Crew Addons ("Static Crew Inside IX_NYGM_Enhanced_Hardcore" and "Static Crew Inside VII_NYGM_Enhanced_Hardcore")? Are they incompatible with the new version or just because off memory?

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 04:04 AM   #1310
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
Do you delete the static Crew Addons ("Static Crew Inside IX_NYGM_Enhanced_Hardcore" and "Static Crew Inside VII_NYGM_Enhanced_Hardcore")? Are they incompatible with the new version or just because off memory?
It seemed those add on mods gave problems with previous update if you remember …
So decided to delete them, no more issues
I think they are not essential to this game, but if you want them, you can always pick them back in previous version that of course you kept somewhere
It is possible of a memory issue cause we are on the edge of this game … the lighter it is, the best fluency we’ll keep.

Old 04-01-23, 04:58 AM   #1311
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
It seemed those add on mods gave problems with previous update if you remember …
So decided to delete them, no more issues
I think they are not essential to this game, but if you want them, you can always pick them back in previous version that of course you kept somewhere
It is possible of a memory issue cause we are on the edge of this game … the lighter it is, the best fluency we’ll keep.

Yes, you are right.

One other thing, because if I'm right, this one is not included, if I read NYGM ENHANCED HARDCORE Readme.pdf.
Do you plan victory pennants or are they only for Typ II not available?

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.

Last edited by GrenSo; 04-01-23 at 05:45 AM.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 07:08 AM   #1312
Patoche9999
Watch

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
it would be necessary to read a little my friend... it is about a subject to treat thousands times that becomes "painful" to drool...

Thank you I knew that and reinstall. It doesnot work correctly. I checked the d3d9.cfg which is correct.

thank you again,
Patoche9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 07:22 AM   #1313
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patoche9999 View Post
Thank you I knew that and reinstall. It doesnot work correctly. I checked the d3d9.cfg which is correct.

thank you again,
Why does it not work... according to you...! you should go see the parameters of your machine.. what is your config..?

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=107

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 04-01-23 at 07:47 AM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 09:32 AM   #1314
Fifi
Navy Seal

As in real quite many UZO had 8x60 magnification, I changed ARB UZO x7 for x8
It’s now of more interest to call the UZO up
Because before it was same magnification as binoculars …

Old 04-01-23, 11:10 AM   #1315
Patoche9999
Watch

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Why does it not work... according to you...! you should go see the parameters of your machine.. what is your config..?

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=107
Thank you. yes off course according to me , on my computer. One Alex mod is working correctly, not this one.

I checked the configuration. It seems it is correct. But running the sh3.exe make it displaying on 1264 x 768
Patoche9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 11:29 AM   #1316
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thank you. yes off course according to me , on my computer. One Alex mod is working correctly, not this one.

I checked the configuration. It seems it is correct. But running the sh3.exe make it displaying on 1264 x 768
If you installed to the letter according the pdf included, this mod is running solid rock
That’s said, you may have some issue on your computer for the display

Old 04-01-23, 11:51 AM   #1317
Fifi
Navy Seal

Now we have the 8x60 magnification UZO on all our U Boats

Old 04-01-23, 02:31 PM   #1318
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 429

Quote:

It could be the d3d9.dll and the d3d9.ini did not load or go into the correct place in the main file with SH3.exe.

They should be dated 05/09/2010 for the .dll file and 09/14/2014 for the .ini file for 1920x1080.

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 02:34 PM   #1319
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Now we have the 8x60 magnification UZO on all our U Boats

Nice touch !

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 03:18 PM   #1320
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

@Patoche9999
How do you want to get help if you don't follow the rules...
1-I seem to have asked you a question.... your machine the config ???
I have already given you some leads, it seems to me...
2-When you participate in a forum... the least you can do is fill out your profile page and other...
3-The forum is not a supermarket...we are not MaC Do.. I choose...I ask everyone questions...you have to read my friend. Fifi wrote a PDF have you read it... which I doubt...
4-Just because one mod works (Onealex) doesn't mean all the others will...we're not in a lottery!
5-I think it would be good to leave Fifi in peace.. in this modding work that takes him a lot of time for the good of the community here... (especially with this kind of question) lol...
I told you to read the forum and ask the right questions then would be desirable in the future thank you for your understanding
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote