SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-19-20, 07:26 AM   #31
rfxcasey
Bosun

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Also take note, it can take around 5 seconds for the script scan to finish and the FOV to change after you hit the NUMPAD asterisk key, so press it and be patient.
rfxcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 07:30 AM   #32
rfxcasey
Bosun

Don't forget to read all my previous posts, I posted like 5 of them. Yeah, I know, I have issues. And I'm running The Wolves of Steel as well so no worries, it doesn't effect the FOV fix.
Old 11-19-20, 07:46 AM   #33
Xall
Mate

Downloads: 137

rfxcasey

Got it working
Getting Cheat Engine 7.0 did the trick.

Now all that is in the way is the Black Map, renders tools pretty useless in its current form.
Its definitely the mod.
Now the issue is that The Wolves of Steel Mega Mod is a large combination of Mods, and the more recent WOS comes with an installer not using JSGME.

Last thing I want is to meddle with it, as its been a pain to set everything up, but if I could get the original map files and overwrite the modded maps, perhaps it would work.
Xall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 07:49 AM   #34
Xall
Mate

Downloads: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfxcasey View Post
Don't forget to read all my previous posts, I posted like 5 of them. Yeah, I know, I have issues. And I'm running The Wolves of Steel as well so no worries, it doesn't effect the FOV fix.
Its not effecting it?
Huh good to know, I'll deactivate everything else then and see if it makes a difference, I have some minor additional mods, maybe real navigation?

I'll report back after running the game just with TOS and nothing else.

Edit: Unfortunately the Black Map Still Remains.
My guess is that its probably IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750, I'll have to mess around with it.

Edit 2: The Map Turns Black with or without using the FOV Fix. It changes to Black when I tab out. I have an Idea though, I can tab out in the main menu and run the Script, then tab back in load the game and then activate the script with the hotkey. I'll report if this works.

Edit 3: It works this way, just means you cannot tab out but everything else works fine.
Its the Yellows on the map, where earth and land is that gets bugged out.

Last edited by Xall; 11-19-20 at 09:17 AM.
Xall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 11:44 AM   #35
rfxcasey
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xall View Post
Its not effecting it?
Huh good to know, I'll deactivate everything else then and see if it makes a difference, I have some minor additional mods, maybe real navigation?

I'll report back after running the game just with TOS and nothing else.

Edit: Unfortunately the Black Map Still Remains.
My guess is that its probably IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750, I'll have to mess around with it.

Edit 2: The Map Turns Black with or without using the FOV Fix. It changes to Black when I tab out. I have an Idea though, I can tab out in the main menu and run the Script, then tab back in load the game and then activate the script with the hotkey. I'll report if this works.

Edit 3: It works this way, just means you cannot tab out but everything else works fine.
Its the Yellows on the map, where earth and land is that gets bugged out.

Yeah, no, whatever works for you, I just suggested tabbing out 'in game' to get you going as pain free as possible. Yeah, I've done it myself at various stages of the menus, while loading, all over the place, it really doesn't make a difference as long as the sh5.exe is running before the CT script tries to attach to the process. The same guy who gave me the script also gave me an Autohotkey script that would load sh5 and then a delayed start of the FOV script. Not sure why he made it in Autohotkey (another program that would have to be installed) it seems like you could do it with just a batch file but I think it's actually because of the 'sleep' command you can utilize to delay an action. I'm not sure that batch files can do that, I'd have to look it up. Point being, it's possible to automate the startup of the programs so you can have just one Silent Hunter Icon/Shortcut/whatever that does it all for you, no tabbing out or anything.

Well, awesome, so glad you got that working. Yeah, the map, not tabbing is a workaround, and that's fine, but it'd be nice to know what's really causing it. I don't have the issue, I'm running just TWOS and the FOV fix. Could be a mod, could be an option you selected during the TWOS install, could be a option you have selected in the game itself. I don't use 'real navigation' or some of the more really hardcore stuff. I play on about 68 percent realism. I do use manual TDC targeting, I just like having map updates and the like, stuff that makes life easier, time savers.