SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-20, 10:44 AM   #1
nazaka
A-ganger

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Default Deck awash bug.

Hey, guys,
during one of my patrols, I tried decks awash . The results were very unrealistic:
_ ballast tanks are well filled, but no sailors come to the diving station. It is however essential to maintain a constant depth, even during a decks awash.
Since nothing can control the depth, the uboat sinks to -8m and then goes back up a little later. And that's all the time.
_because of the dives at -8m, no sailor is present on the kiosk to watch the horizon.
_ and finally, despite regular dives at -8m, the uboat continues to advance with the diesel engines.

In short, it is absolutely necessary that the developers rework this very important aspect of the uboat.

I made a topic on the game's Steam forum in "General feedback". If you agree with my proposals, it would have been nice to show it by adding some answers. It should be seen by the developers faster.
nazaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 07:42 AM   #2
Lite_ly Salted
A-ganger

Downloads: 0

Yes, awash is still under development. The game cannot recognize that you are partially underwater, so neither the UZO nor the depth steers are usable.
Lite_ly Salted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 11:19 PM   #3
Fidgety
Mate

Downloads: 33

"Yes, awash is still under development. The game cannot recognize that you are partially underwater, so neither the UZO nor the depth steers are usable."

Everything in this game is under development. Thats the excuse used for everything for the last 5 years. 5 years and theres not even a compass or true bearings in the game. A compass lol, in a submarine game.
Fidgety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 07:50 AM   #4
Lite_ly Salted
A-ganger

...the game was released in 2019...
Old 07-31-20, 09:34 AM   #5
Fidgety
Mate

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite_ly Salted View Post
...the game was released in 2019...

Its in early access the game isnt completed and released. Maybe get released in 2031.
Fidgety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 03:07 PM   #6
Lite_ly Salted
A-ganger

Yes. I was referring to the "5 years". It came out last year on Steam. That's all I was saying.
Old 07-31-20, 04:35 PM   #7
Hoss
Bilge Rat

I only bought this game last week and it is my first Uboat sim. I reckon so far for a game that is in early access it is absolutely brilliant both graphically and in atmosphere.. Still learning all the bits and pieces but i have managed a couple of patrols and just about survived. Thanks to you Lightly salted for the videos on youtube it has made it easier to get into it. I only usually play flight sims or racing sims so its a change and i think the developers are doing a great job so far.
Cheers
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 07:46 PM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Hoss!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 09:27 AM   #9
Lite_ly Salted
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
I only bought this game last week and it is my first Uboat sim. I reckon so far for a game that is in early access it is absolutely brilliant both graphically and in atmosphere.. Still learning all the bits and pieces but i have managed a couple of patrols and just about survived. Thanks to you Lightly salted for the videos on youtube it has made it easier to get into it. I only usually play flight sims or racing sims so its a change and i think the developers are doing a great job so far.
Cheers
Glad to have helped! Happy hunting!
Old 09-12-20, 10:16 PM   #10
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59

Agreed. Brilliant game and ....Salted, great vids.
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote