SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-11, 06:15 PM   #1
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default course of target's seems to change often

I am trying to become proficient with this mod. First, although I get contact reports, I do not see ship icons (map contacts are enabled) until the target's are at fairly close range. It is 1941. Is this typical?

Also, I get radar lines when the target's are further distant, but no icons. The radar lines appear while submerged. However, sometimes when I surface, the ship icons do not appear because the target's are too far away. (Then they change course on me!) Is this typical?

I haven't had a decent set up where I can use the KIUB mod to set up range, speed and Aob. I would like to use that tool with the TDC. Is the TDC accurate at a variety of angles or is primarily accurate for shots taken between 345 degrees and 15 degrees (or some other bearings?)

So far this is proving to be a challenging mod. I got the fast 90 attack down using the plotting tools and the TDC, but have yet obtained the data for the TDC using KIUB, so I am looking for some general advifce about the mod.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 06:38 PM   #2
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

As the UK ( at the time GB) had already been through one sub war with Germany (WW1) it was SOP to periodically change course. Once you do see the target emblem on the map, the course it gives is a rough estimate. So it isn't spot on so you will need to find a final solution before you fire.

The map emblem shows up once your deck crew has sighted the target themselves and are constantly watching it. Generally this is once it is in sight by you perhaps a little closer depending on the weather.

From what I have experienced in the mod everything seems to be working ok.