SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-19, 09:09 AM   #1
joan
Swabbie

Downloads: 937
Uploads: 0
Default Mod PT-109

Hello! I hope this is the right place to ask my question.

I would like to know if it is possible to modify the mod PT-109 of bismarck1011 so that the playable cannon will pass to the bow area and also out of a single shot. The reason for my question is that shooting with the stern is somewhat difficult and being double shot increases so much firepower that I do not find it normal for a torpedo boat to sink a destroyer.

If someone can answer my question, or better yet, configure this modification, I would be very grateful.

PS: Would it be possible for someone to think about building a Schnellboot to expand the game in coastal waters against British ships and transports?

Thank you.
joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 11:13 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon14 Welcome aboard!...in the right place!

Joan! after a long silent run, a schnellboot brings U 2 the surface!!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 12:40 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Be careful in the coastal waters of FotRSU around Batavia - Penang mid-43 to late 44 if you're in a US sub... or das schnellboot might getcha!... I cannot recall its lineage off the top of my head... I'll keep looking though. - Edit: Found it! It is from Sergbuto.

Do a web "Search" on "site:subsim.com/radioroom pt-109", and pick your thread to start in to read about the various kit-bashings some folks have done on the PT-109 beta mod. In FotRSU, CapnScurvy got "buckets" for the 50 cal guns, and even threw together a double-barrel stand-in. More tweaking could be done on that also...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-11-19 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Sergbuto
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-19, 11:07 AM   #4
joan
Swabbie

Thanks for answering.
I have taken a look at a couple of threads in the forums and although I have found interesting things I have not been able to put them into practice. From a certain Yubba I found how to make the playable campaign for Pt 109, but as much as I edit and reissue the files mentioned in its page, I can not launch a campaign for a Pt boat. I have no computer skills and less 3D animation, that's a setback. In one way or another the threads have been closed for a long time (year 2015, 2017, etc). For my part, using the trial and error method (modifying the .upc file), I have obtained two models of Pt 109, one without 40 mm guns and another replacing the single front gun with a double one and annulling the aft gun. In both cases the firepower is more balanced when engaging in combat with enemy ships. I have also "modeled" two camouflage skins that are not real if they give a different look to the boats.
If someone wishes, I can send it to you by email. Before finishing I am still interested in being able to carry out the campaign for Pt 109, someone may have already made the files (UnitParts, CareerStart, Flotillas ... upc) and can provide them to me. And the second is a question: what file must be modified so that the enemy vessels begin to shoot at a greater distance? Silent Hunter IV game for many years now (in my opinion the best simulation game) and I know that it is configured as a game of submarines but over time I have not been able to stop being attracted to the surface units with all the limitations what it entails That's why I'm looking for a way to balance them.
Thanks to anyone who takes the trouble to read this and respond.

PS: I do not know English and all the time I get my hand from the google translator.
Old 06-18-19, 12:09 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The AI (Artificial Intelligence) has several files that work together to produce the shooting distance. I am definitely not one to get advise off of as to which files are involved, since I don't know exactly. Several of the files in the Data / Cfg folder control things, but some of the files are leftovers from SH3. The thing to do, if no one else comes along for you, is to use WinMerge and compare that folder in Stock, to the same folder in the TMO mod, or better yet, several mods. There are other factors involved. I would try and wait for someone who knows for certain which files to tweak for that. In the meantime, can you use Google Drive or MediaFire to post you files to, and I'll try to alter a set of CareerStart.upc and Flotillas.upc files for you, so you can see what you need and where. Guadalcanal area, Florida Island (Tulagi) is one place I know of, and Mios Woendi?? Borneo had several locations, and they moved as soon as they were set-up in some spots... so you'll probably have to mess with the US_NavalBases.mis file, along with PatrolObjectives.cfg, due to the fact that a lot of the sub missions are not able to be completed by the PT boat, due to the 3D artwork and other game restrictions - which applies to most of the other surface ships... How familiar are you with the Mission Editor?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-19, 09:27 AM   #6
joan
Swabbie

Thank you for continuing to answer my questions. I have created a Google Drive account where I have put a folder with files that modify the texture and appearance of the PT 109. I do not exactly know how to facilitate the address of this account so that it can be downloaded from it (I say again that I am very clumsy using the media), but I guess I'll find out how to facilitate the address. The issue of modifying the files CareerStart.upc and Flotillas.upc and US_NavalBases.mis, together with PatrolObjectives.cfg, are beyond my knowledge. In the only thing that I defend myself is creating individual games with the mission editor, as long as you do not enter many Triggers and Events. This gives me the opportunity to play with the PT in the Solomon Islands, Guadalcanal, etc., but without any historical rigor. Being able to play a race would make quite a sense of the game. Thank you for continuing with this thread and hopefully get results.