Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-07, 06:29 AM   #1
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0
Default IL2 46 Lovers

Link withdrawn.

Last edited by Venatore; 12-24-07 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-24-07, 06:39 PM   #2
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

I,m a IL2 lover,
but I'm not going to touch that mod.

as all the IL2 MODS apart from skins/radio sounds/mission&campains are ILLEGAL
as they require to modify the .exe which isnt allowed by Oleg & Ubi.com

HunterICX
Old 12-24-07, 08:20 PM   #3
Venatore
Admiral

Well no one has busted down my door wearing black SAS uniforms to snatch and grab the mods that I have download.

You can remain playing your game as is, unlike me I have a whole new IL2 46 game due to these awesome mods.

By the way I think they are in close talks with the game creators, which is allowing them to create these mods.
Old 12-24-07, 09:18 PM   #4
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venatore
By the way I think they are in close talks with the game creators, which is allowing them to create these mods.
Uh, that's completely false. Oleg has stated explicitly that he DOES NOT allow these modsifications and intends the next patch to block them.

Not that the intention behind them is bad, but generally modding without permission - and I say that as a modding forum moderator - exists by virtue of being in a grey area where the copyright holders of the game remain silent since it serves their interests to have the game modded. When the copyright holders and creators of the game themselves say no - and Oleg himself very clearly has - it goes from a grey area to a black (i.e. illegal) area. Whatever justifications may be made by the modders, their effort or the quality of their products DO NOT make what they do somehow "clean" or legit. For better or worse, it's a fact that when they installed the game, they explicitly agreed to conditions for its use. The ethics of going outside those conditions depend entirely on the copyright holders' and creators' wishes - and since here the answer was a resounding "no", well, it's a "no".

Sure you will not likely see people at your door with machineguns for this. It's none of our concern if you do or not, what you do is at your risk. Feel free to enjoy these "mods" if you feel right about it.

On the other hand as a clear violation of the EULA where, as Oleg's posts on the subject may have suggested, the creators may well be willing to pursue it legally - it cannot be condoned by Subsim.com. Which is why the above link will be remove - let's all agree that however you prefer your IL-2, and however legal, noone wants Neal to be getting a C&D letter for it.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 12-24-07, 09:39 PM   #5
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

sorry, I hadnt had a lot of time when I posted that above (Christmass stuff) so here to continue.

Like CCIP stated,

the 4.09 patch will block the mods again.

the risks you have with the sound mod that any server that has Server commander will kick you out immediatly out of the server as soon you Join In , and if you get caught with the sound mod the risk is that the Admins ban you forever.
so I hope for you do not play online with this Mod.

also 1 of the reasons Oleg forbids modding as hacking the IL2 files allows people to CHEAT online. witch for every IL2 onliner biggest fear, as IL2 is focused a lot on Multiplayer.
also if you check the UBI forum and the 1C-Games (Olegs new IL2 and SOW:BOB) forum.
you will see heavy discussions about it, and most of them turned into a Locking.

HunterICX
with a Christmass hat on.
Old 12-24-07, 11:30 PM   #6
Venatore
Admiral

I have removed the link, I'm really sorry for taking up both off your time in regards to this matter.

Once again sorry.

Ven.

Last edited by Venatore; 12-25-07 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-25-07, 01:25 AM   #7
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29

Eh, don't worry. We just ran into a similar dilemma with an SH3 project recently and that's why we moderators have the issue - and IL-2's example - in our mind right now :p

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 12-25-07, 05:06 AM   #8
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Gah, nonsense. Show me a game that doesnt have cheaters. Most servers have the "Checkruntime" option set to 2, which doesnt allow you to join with the modded files. And the biggest forum/download center for the mods doesnt allow mods that tinker with the flightmodel or other kind of cheating. The worst enemy of the great MP of IL2 is currently the tossers who use print screen to lag the others, not the ones who use them mods.

Tho, like we've seen in an private games with Hunter, it sometimes messes up the coop games for the one using the "main mod". But this have only happened in a custom made mission, online campaign works well.

Just my 2,000,000€ on this.
Old 12-25-07, 08:24 AM   #9
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

No worries, Venatore

a happy christmass

HunterICX
Old 12-31-07, 09:06 AM   #10
NiclDoe
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 6

well how come the Il2 server thought it said cheating last night? Dowly says bug
Old 12-31-07, 09:12 AM   #11
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiclDoe
well how come the Il2 server thought it said cheating last night? Dowly says bug
It is an bug, you see it all the time on public servers and people that are for 100% sure not cheating get kicked.

It doesnt happen on Hunter's server too often, I think the last time I saw that was when we played with the 4.07 patch.

And if it would indeed be a real message, it would mean that the anti-cheat system in IL2 sucks big time, as I always use the *COUGH* on private servers.
Old 01-01-08, 11:43 AM   #12
tater
Navy Seal

There is a Slot map in the works by modders, BTW. That alone makes me want it (the mod). The failures of Pacific Fighters can now be fixed (and I personally don't care for the eastern front in the least, I didn't buy IL-2 until I read that PF was in the works).

Like anything else, online play pretty much requires trust between players. I know plenty of squads who would be entirely trustworthy regarding cheats that I'd play with modded or not.

tater
Old 01-19-08, 11:54 PM   #13
tater
Navy Seal

The Slot map.

How about Munda airfield? Decently accurate within the limits of the engine (I made it myself )

Oh well, modding IL-2 is "evil." BTW, the AAA modding community has a strict "no FM/DM changes" policy.
Old 01-19-08, 11:58 PM   #14
tater
Navy Seal

When Guadalcanal to Bouganville is done (feb?) we will do New Britain/New Ireland. It will go to Bouganville (maybe vella lavella) for the allies. Might be possible to get Buna in the SW corner, too.

Next will be a New Britain New Guinea map (Lae, etc).

Then a proper New Guinea with Wewak, Dagua, etc.

Then the Philippines.

Others are already building the Aleutians, All of Java, as well as Darwin.

IL-2 sound mod is worth it just for the maps.

tater
Old 01-20-08, 04:36 AM   #15
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
Oh well, modding IL-2 is "evil." BTW, the AAA modding community has a strict "no FM/DM changes" policy.
ROFL, amen. :rotfl:

Let's see what the "Devils" have brough to us VS the "cheats" I am yet to see on the servers I play on.

We have finally realistic sounds, we have tons of graphical fixes, tons of new planes to fly, we have tons of fixes for the models, new maps and that's the tip of an ice berg. Buuut doesnt really matter, how much we rant on Tatter. Oleg says it's bad, so every mod is a cheat in the eyes of Oleg's worshipper. Maybe he should get the game right the next time so the community wouldnt have to do these "evil deeds" to fix it.
Closed Thread