Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 06-20-07, 01:39 PM   #1
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169
Uploads: 0

Default Service Pack1 for FSX

Service Pack1 for FSX released!
FSX now supports xCore CPU (Dual Core, Quad Core, ...)

Changelog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/

Download:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
or
http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/P...vicePack1.aspx
Seeadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 12:15 AM   #2
Bort
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 60

Does anyone besides me and Seeadler care about this patch? It's a huge improvement over stock FSX and no one has commented on it.

Thread I posted a while ago: FSX SP1

GT Aerospace
Bort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 01:31 AM   #3
AFRIKAKORPS
Helmsman

Downloads: 9

Well its been awhile since I've played FSX but I do like the new patch. I know it is supposed to increase performance, which I think it does. I dont get a huge boost because my procc. isn't to fast, but my graphic card is, probabley a bottleneck. Anyone see any difference with dual core proccs.? I know that was something they fixed.
AFRIKAKORPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-07, 12:02 AM   #4
Bort
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 60

Well I'll definitely post the performance boost info once I get my new computer, but I'm afraid it won't be much of a comparison: very old tech to brand spankin' new hardware. It is a quad-core though, so I can find out if it really does take advantage of all of that four core goodness.

GT Aerospace
Bort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-07, 03:21 AM   #5
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort
It is a quad-core though, so I can find out if it really does take advantage of all of that four core goodness.
I have one and it does

The big advantage of the SP1 is that nearly all the major commercial addon producer waited for this patch before releasing their products for FSX. Now the production of the AddOn's goes on and nearly daily comes new announcements of mega scenaries and/or airplanes. Like its predecessor the FSX out of the box is not anything special this becomes only by excelent AddOn's
Seeadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-07, 09:26 AM   #6
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

As has already been stated, I suspect the main plus point for this, is the fact that when any iteration of MS FS gets its patch, that is usually the greenlight for add-ons to start rolling off the production line (a similar thing is happening with the modders and SH4, with many holding off on the big mods until that baby gets patched up).

So it is indeed good news, oddly enough,the pre-patch FSX runs a lot better on my dual core laptop than it does on my single core P4 desktop, both of them have the same amount of RAM, but I suspect that its the fact that all other software that is running at the same time is probably on one core, with FSX getting a free and clear run on another core (although I haven't really checked this theory out I admit). The dual core laptop does seem to handle autogen scenery a lot better though.

Anyway, roll on PMDG 737 and 747 for FSX. That's what I'm waiting for! Those aeroplanes for FS9 were absolutely leagues ahead of any other add-on for FS. I know tootling about the sky in an airliner is boring to a lot of people, but I quite like it myself, as learning all the avionics systems in interesting, and its more grounded in reality, which is useful if you fly in real life.

In answer to the original question though, I have noticed FSX runs a bit better and loads a bit faster in patched form.

Chock