SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 03:38 AM   #31
h.sie
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,192
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0


Default

Hi WB,

I think that does not make sense because of the savegame-problem.

Maybe better to restrict the availability of the Q-ship by restricting the ship's Appearance dates. But first one has to think about whether this is necessary. Does the Q-Ship appear too often???
__________________
My Mediafire page: http://www.mediafire.com/hsie
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:47 AM   #32
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In sight of Stonehenge
Posts: 1,750
Downloads: 49
Uploads: 26
Default

Edit: We're both thinking the same thing!

I think I can do this in one line using SH3 Commander's RandomisedEvents.cfg (I'm away from my SH3 computer so apologies if I get some file names wrong).

If I set a 75% chance of replacing the Q-ships ApperanceDate with AppearanceDate=19450501 it means that there's a 25% chance of it appearing per patrol. It won't prevent you seeing more than one during a patrol but it means that on average you see them about every fourth patrol.

I'll add it to the list - I've now got four good ideas that I'm working on.

P.S. Does anyone have a lightbulb smilie? I could really have done with one here.
__________________

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:20 AM   #33
h.sie
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,192
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0


Default

Yes, maybe that works.
__________________
My Mediafire page: http://www.mediafire.com/hsie
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:30 AM   #34
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 133,624
Downloads: 49
Uploads: 11


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown View Post
If you're using the random folder function then you could place the whole Q-ship mod into 25 of your 100 folders. It wouldn't solve the problem of sometimes seeing multiple Q-ships in a single patrol but it would mean that you'd only see one on average every fourth patrol.

@jimbuna - may we have permission to use your Q-ship mod to create a randomisation effect so there are less of them out there?
Yeah....absolutely no problem

Don't forget, the Q-ship is already limited in it's historical availability time period:

Britain....Commencement of hostilities - 31-3-41
USA....1-1-42 - 30-11-43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown View Post
Edit: We're both thinking the same thing!

I think I can do this in one line using SH3 Commander's RandomisedEvents.cfg (I'm away from my SH3 computer so apologies if I get some file names wrong).

If I set a 75% chance of replacing the Q-ships ApperanceDate with AppearanceDate=19450501 it means that there's a 25% chance of it appearing per patrol. It won't prevent you seeing more than one during a patrol but it means that on average you see them about every fourth patrol.

I'll add it to the list - I've now got four good ideas that I'm working on.

P.S. Does anyone have a lightbulb smilie? I could really have done with one here.

__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:33 AM   #35
LGN1
Ace of the Deep
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,115
Downloads: 145
Uploads: 12
Default

Modifying AppearanceDate might also be problematic for save games Never tested it.
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #36
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet
 
Reece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Down Under
Posts: 23,296
Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0
Default

Too lazy to read through it all but did you ever get the guns to appear Jim?
__________________

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #37
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 133,624
Downloads: 49
Uploads: 11


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Too lazy to read through it all but did you ever get the guns to appear Jim?
Afraid not....and to be totally honest I'm not sure I even tried post mod release
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:55 AM   #38
h.sie
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,192
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0


Default

Hi WB,

changing AppearanceDate between save/reaload leads to a crash, when a Q-Ship is already spawned and part of a convoy.

h.sie
__________________
My Mediafire page: http://www.mediafire.com/hsie
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #39
h.sie
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,192
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0


Default

Hi Jim,

I found this old post of yours:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho...74&postcount=2

Does that mean that there are some Q-ships scripted into GWX3 even if I don't install your Q-Ship mod?

h.sie
__________________
My Mediafire page: http://www.mediafire.com/hsie
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #40
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 133,624
Downloads: 49
Uploads: 11


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Hi Jim,

I found this old post of yours:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho...74&postcount=2

Does that mean that there are some Q-ships scripted into GWX3 even if I don't install your Q-Ship mod?

h.sie
You need the mod enabled before they will spawn.
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:22 AM   #41
banryu79
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 543
Downloads: 73
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
...
Is there any mileage in replicating the mod for GWX3.0?

GWX3.0 version:

http://files.filefront.com/Q+Ship+mo.../fileinfo.html
I'd like to try this mod (I have GWX3.0) as my Kaleun is currenty in port, but I clicked the link above only to get a "File not found" message from filefront and then I was redirected to gamesfront.
Did a serach there for "Q-Ship GWX3.0" and found something relative to GWX but not your mod
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #42
Von Tonner
Seasoned Skipper
 
Von Tonner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South Africa
Posts: 716
Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banryu79 View Post
I'd like to try this mod (I have GWX3.0) as my Kaleun is currenty in port, but I clicked the link above only to get a "File not found" message from filefront and then I was redirected to gamesfront.
Did a serach there for "Q-Ship GWX3.0" and found something relative to GWX but not your mod
Here is a working link Banryu79

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5j...+mod+GWX3.0.7z
Von Tonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #43
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 133,624
Downloads: 49
Uploads: 11


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banryu79 View Post
I'd like to try this mod (I have GWX3.0) as my Kaleun is currenty in port, but I clicked the link above only to get a "File not found" message from filefront and then I was redirected to gamesfront.
Did a serach there for "Q-Ship GWX3.0" and found something relative to GWX but not your mod
The link in the post above is good
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #44
banryu79
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 543
Downloads: 73
Uploads: 2
Default

Von Tonner, Jimbuna!

Thank you very much, sirs!
(Now, with the addition of this mod and SH3Commander my carrers will really rock to a new level )
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #45
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 133,624
Downloads: 49
Uploads: 11


Default

Hope you live long enough to tell the tale...ship recognition is of paramount importance
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim