SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-2019, 08:04 AM   #1471
Plissken_04
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 380
Uploads: 0

Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:21 PM   #1472
SonarmaatU212
Swabbie

Downloads: 20

Thank you for this great mod @ Iambecomelife

And thank you for your great mod-archiv @ Plissken_04

SonarmaatU212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #1473
Sailor Steve
Really feelin' it.

Downloads: 630
Uploads: 250

Since you're new you might not know that there is a mod to give all the ships in the Merchant Fleet Mod the historically correct names when you sink them. Well, not right when you sink them, but in the post-op report generated by SH3 Commander after the mission is done.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4671

Sailor Steve is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:05 AM   #1474
Pensy101
Swabbie

Downloads: 107

Alright. I have no clue how to install this and get it running. Every time I install it and try to start a campaign, I get CTD. Two things:

Firstly, I am using 3.3, the MFM Skin Mod, and Sailor Steve's SH3 Commander MFM Log Names, all at the same time. Is there a certain order I need to install in, or any modifications I need to do to Sailor Steve's Ship Names file (I noticed the file dates from 2015, while the latest version of the MFM dates from 2017!) to get this to work properly?

Secondly, can I turn on the various skin packs all at the same time, or do I have to enable them or disable them based on the campaign? I noticed that the skin pack files all have different dates on them; do I have to sync what file is enabled with the current campaign date?

Please respond as soon as you can: I've been trying to figure this out for over a year!
Pensy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:41 AM   #1475
Sailor Steve
Really feelin' it.

Do you have a 4-Gig patch installed? The one big negative about the MFM is that it's a memory hog. No PC will use more than 2 Gigs of RAM without being told to. Without the 4-Gig patch it will crash every time.

You say you're using my MFM Log Names. Does that mean you copied and pasted the list I posted or that you downloaded and installed the actual mod? You have to install the mod to get the names. Copying and pasting the list is optional. Also, the date I uploaded the mod doesn't matter. It doesn't do anything but supply names for the Commander file that's already there. Each update I did was just adding more names, nothing else.

The skin packs I can't help with.

Keep in touch, though. We'll get this sorted out.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:16 PM   #1476
Pensy101
Swabbie

Downloads: 107

Finally got it working. I installed the 4 gig patch, did a clean install, and it worked like a charm. On SailorSteve's modified ship names, the Albuera-class merchants aren't in the file and some of the British destroyer classes had to be modified to work with GWX. Just pointing out some fixes, in case he's reading this. Thanks for the help, guys!
Pensy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:50 PM   #1477
Sailor Steve
Really feelin' it.

Oh, I'm always reading everything. Whether I have time to look into it right now is another story. I will try though.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:34 PM   #1478
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151

Hello all, i notice that when using this mod, i cant get accurate ranges to the ships using the stadimeter or the RAOBF weels. It seems the masts height values are different from their "visual" representation.
I have seen this problem using Both WideScreen MaGUI and ARB WideGUI 1920x1080.

Has anyone else experienced this? if so, did you figure out what is wrong?
I love this mod, but i cant use it because i cant get accurate ranges to ships. Except using the map & ruler of course, but thats as good as cheating!
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #1479
Mad Mardigan
Watch

Downloads: 118
SHO Re: MFM v3...

Hey,

With regards to the skins pack, am running SH3 with LSH3-2015 mod. It has jsgme in the main section then another in the SH3 Commanders section. To use the skins pack, do I drop it into the main jsgme or the SH3 Commanders jsgme to activate it.?

What with the dating of the folders in the skins pack, am believing that it would go into the latter jsgme, rather than the main one.

Any info on this, would be greatly helpful, as I want to ensure that I am installing it correctly.

Thanks.

Mad Mardigan

(Edit)

After posting this, it occurred to me, to include this side note...

Don't refer me to read the read me .txt, as there is not 1 in the folder, after unzipping it... I downloaded it multiple times & unzipped it using winzip, winrar & 7zip... end result, no read me document is in there... I know some say ''hey, go back & read the read me file for answers'', and as such, wish to short circuit any one feeling the need to say to do so... Thanks.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 07-12-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote