SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-07-20, 02:00 PM   #1
credkd
Swabbie

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default Help! NSFW Images in my Uboat? How to remove them?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and to the game, though I always loved submarines, I find this community exceptionally friendly and I'm looking forward to submerge in this ocean

Anyways when I saw some gameplay videos about Silent Hunter III, I decided to get it immediately, a friend downloaded the latest version of the game for me with some "must add" mods as he said.

The problem is: Inside the Uboat, there are some nudity/NSFW images, posters here and there and I don't want that.

I've watched lots of videos about the game and I didn't see those pictures in the videos so I figured out it's probably a mod, the thing is, I don't know which it is since there are many in my mods folder.

Do you know any mods related to the ones I'm trying to remove?

Mods that are about NSFW or generally adding pictures or posters inside the uboat.

I assume I can simply delete it from the mods folder once I find it.

Thank you .
credkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 02:13 PM   #2
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi credkd A Warm Welcome to Subsim could you please add a screen shot of your SH3 Mods then the Mod Gurus have something to go on.

Pinup Art for inside your uboat normaly as the Pinups in there title of the Mod.
look for these Mods in your JSGME and move them to the left to deactive them job done.

Last edited by blackswan40; 08-07-20 at 02:27 PM.
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 05:54 AM   #3
credkd
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi credkd A Warm Welcome to Subsim could you please add a screen shot of your SH3 Mods then the Mod Gurus have something to go on.

Pinup Art for inside your uboat normaly as the Pinups in there title of the Mod.
look for these Mods in your JSGME and move them to the left to deactive them job done.

Hello blackswan40, Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I didn't find mods related to the ones in your picture, and I realized that I will see pinups whether I enabled or disabled mods, I guess it's in the GW itself.

I have Grey Wolves gold 3.0.

any ideas?

these are the mods I have in case you're wondering, but I realized they aren't the reason.

Old 08-08-20, 07:45 AM   #4
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

That list of folders in Explorer says nothing about what is actually applied to the game. Some are optional. (If that is the content of the MODS folder then whatever mod causes it should be in that list though) You have to open the JSGME application itself and make a screenshot of whatever is shown in the list on the right side. Those have been applied to the game.
Old 08-08-20, 08:28 AM   #5
credkd
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
That list of folders in Explorer says nothing about what is actually applied to the game. Some are optional. (If that is the content of the MODS folder then whatever mod causes it should be in that list though) You have to open the JSGME application itself and make a screenshot of whatever is shown in the list on the right side. Those have been applied to the game.
The same mods shown in the list I posted above are in the JSGME application, not different.

What I'm suspecting is that the GW 3.0 expansion gold (or whatever) is what contains the pinups that I'm trying to get rid of.

As I enabled and disabled all mods but I still see the same pinups, in case you may know, the pinups that are in the radio and sonar rooms.
Old 08-08-20, 08:41 AM   #6
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

I cannot remember the specifics in that room but that may very well be true. I think 3d textures are a bit harder to remove. Looks like they are stored in .dat files in SilentHunterIII\data\Interior\NSS_UboatNUMBER

You need a special editor program for it. (iirc S3D editor) I'm sure you'll find more information about it in the Mods forum. I can't remember ever seen a censor-mod comming along for that. But I would not play games at work anyway. SH3 takes too much concentration.
Old 08-08-20, 08:50 AM   #7
credkd
Swabbie

Quote:
I cannot remember the specifics in that room but that may very well be true. I think 3d textures are a bit harder to remove. Looks like they are stored in .dat files in SilentHunterIII\data\Interior\NSS_UboatNUMBER

You need a special editor program for it. (iirc S3D editor) I'm sure you'll find more information about it in the Mods forum. I can't remember ever seen a censor-mod comming along for that. But I would not play games at work anyway. SH3 takes too much concentration.
Thanks for help, I will try.

By the way it's not about work lol, I usually play and there are kids around me and I don't want them to see that.
Old 08-08-20, 09:50 AM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

credkd!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-20, 07:57 AM   #9
credkd
Swabbie

Quote:

Thanks, I found the files and edited them with some mini Photoshop skills

Sorry for late response though.