SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-20, 08:52 PM   #1
Sgox
Nub

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Icon11 Need a Good Guide-Help for ARB Widescreen and Most Common Mods For Steam Version

Hello all! I just bought Silent Hunter 3 at latest sales from steam and already loved it. I'm kinda new to this genre and i'm totally new in this forum.

Well.. my problem is i really tried for working GWX with ARB Widescreen Gui Mod. GWX works well, no problem with it but ARB's latest version just crashing my game. What i tried is;

1-Fresh install of Silent Hunter 3
2-Installation of GWX mod.
3-ARB Widescreen Gui mod. (Both final and latest versions. Final version works with JGME well but so much problems in navigation map, many things unreadable and all names of Cities-docks etc. are spreaded out so i can't counting final version is working...)
4-4GB Patch.

...and then i founded at one page someone says steam version is needs a H.Sie patch. Well.. i tried it too for like 2 days i was like fighting for it. I think i'm doing many things wrong. So it's very painful and there's no good guide for making all of them working well. Everything is too seperated and i'm very new to it (like versions of mods etc.). I really want to play this game with this mods, researched a lot for good sub games but this game with that mods are my last stop. I know this game is ancient but also i think this game deserves that attention too. Mods what i counted like GWX, H.Sie, ARB Widescreen mods are most common too it looks like. So i'm asking to you.. can anyone make a good guide video or just a total guide for these most that are most wanted-common mods ?
I will be very very glad if someone can help me... Great forum and community btw. Cheers!
Sgox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 10:06 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Sgox!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 05:44 PM   #3
Sgox
Nub

Aktung!
So there's no one who knows to how to do all of this fixes or Silent Hunter 3 community is very dead.. Is there no any total compiation mods that contains all of these ?
Old 01-14-20, 07:05 PM   #4
Nicolas
Commander

Downloads: 194
Uploads: 4

You should read the hardcoded fixes thread, to see how you can patch the steam version, i have NYGM mod and ARB GUI and didn't have much problems making it work. sorry i can't help more.

ARB has a patcher to patch the .exe to make the 'high resolution map' work.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 07:02 AM   #5
Sgox
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
You should read the hardcoded fixes thread, to see how you can patch the steam version, i have NYGM mod and ARB GUI and didn't have much problems making it work. sorry i can't help more.

ARB has a patcher to patch the .exe to make the 'high resolution map' work.

I will try thx!
Old 01-15-20, 10:35 AM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Sgox
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
STEAM > A Comprehensive Guide To Installing > By propbeanie
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 04:06 AM   #7
Captain Johno
Swabbie

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgox View Post
Hello all! I just bought Silent Hunter 3 at latest sales from steam and already loved it. I'm kinda new to this genre and i'm totally new in this forum.

Well.. my problem is i really tried for working GWX with ARB Widescreen Gui Mod. GWX works well, no problem with it but ARB's latest version just crashing my game. What i tried is;

1-Fresh install of Silent Hunter 3
2-Installation of GWX mod.
3-ARB Widescreen Gui mod. (Both final and latest versions. Final version works with JGME well but so much problems in navigation map, many things unreadable and all names of Cities-docks etc. are spreaded out so i can't counting final version is working...)
4-4GB Patch.

...and then i founded at one page someone says steam version is needs a H.Sie patch. Well.. i tried it too for like 2 days i was like fighting for it. I think i'm doing many things wrong. So it's very painful and there's no good guide for making all of them working well. Everything is too seperated and i'm very new to it (like versions of mods etc.). I really want to play this game with this mods, researched a lot for good sub games but this game with that mods are my last stop. I know this game is ancient but also i think this game deserves that attention too. Mods what i counted like GWX, H.Sie, ARB Widescreen mods are most common too it looks like. So i'm asking to you.. can anyone make a good guide video or just a total guide for these most that are most wanted-common mods ?
I will be very very glad if someone can help me... Great forum and community btw. Cheers!
Using: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...232178&page=11

I followed "4H_Ccrashh" tutorial on page 11 - Based on a Steam install with ARB WideGui 1920x1080 V3. I then followed through with a GWX3 install!
And it works along with other mods, but I'm still working through other issues.

Happy Hunting.
Captain Johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 04:20 AM   #8
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Welcome to SUBSIM Captain Johno!
What other issues have specifically come up on your table? Here at SubSim there are an enormous amount of solutions.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 05:45 PM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Captain Johno!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote