SUBSIM Radio Room Forums



SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2021, 09:32 PM   #1
divemonkie
Sparky
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 154
Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0


Default What would you do with a blank page?

Lately been playing more and enjoying Onealex SH 3.5 GWX Mod and full real ...no map contacts when I realized I've been playing entirely without the TDC Map screen. Relying only on my TDC in either attack scope or observation scope and letting the FISH fry where they swim. Started me thinking what do I need the TDC Map screen for?

What could be placed on that screen/page instead that would be of use to you?
divemonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 03:03 AM   #2
Niume
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 1,449
Downloads: 435
Uploads: 0


Default

I notepad of some sorts where you could write your ship journal (track weather, track how many depth charges thrown and etc.)
Niume is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:20 AM   #3
divemonkie
Sparky
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 154
Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
I notepad of some sorts where you could write your ship journal (track weather, track how many depth charges thrown and etc.)
I like it! To log your thoughts actions and conditions in game in real time would be fantastic. I was thinking a dedicated weapons management station for loading and moving torpedoes and docs for all things torpedo.

But yours is better. I'd add a crews log...a place to wright recommendations for promotion or reprimand...I keep forgetting to boot that guy who goes for the exit at 150m deep!
divemonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:00 PM   #4
diego_gut
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 119
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0


Default

I have always thought the same, if you play without "God's eye view" the Attack Map adds no extra value over the Navigation Map. However, SH3 has no functionality to add any of your suggestions I think. Currently, I am working in a new GUI that will get rid of the Attack Map and turn it into a realistic looking TDC. In this way, even if you play with map contacts you will not get that much information.


I must say though, that I will get rid of the TDC on the periscopes and uzo because I think it would be too much.



I will probably post a screenshot and a playable alpha to DGUI's thread soon.


Regards,
Diego
diego_gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 03:47 PM   #5
divemonkie
Sparky
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 154
Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego_gut View Post
I have always thought the same, if you play without "God's eye view" the Attack Map adds no extra value over the Navigation Map. However, SH3 has no functionality to add any of your suggestions I think. Currently, I am working in a new GUI that will get rid of the Attack Map and turn it into a realistic looking TDC. In this way, even if you play with map contacts you will not get that much information.


I must say though, that I will get rid of the TDC on the periscopes and uzo because I think it would be too much.



I will probably post a screenshot and a playable alpha to DGUI's thread soon.

Regards,
Diego
Outstanding!
If you can remove the attack map and replace it with the torpedo management screen that would be inline with a weapons station.
Load, move, select tubes, set AOB, speed and depth all from one screen.
Keep us all up to date on your progress and yes to screenshots!
divemonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:10 PM   #6
Kal_Maximus_U669
Commander
 
Kal_Maximus_U669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: France Nord East
Posts: 466
Downloads: 417
Uploads: 0
Default diego_gut

I find your idea really great !!! can't wait to see your work which i must say is outstanding .. i just upgraded to 1.5 .. Salutation KM_U669
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:16 PM   #7
diego_gut
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 119
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0


Default

Thank you!! I will have something to show soon.
diego_gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:16 AM   #8
SnipersHunter
Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 528
Downloads: 183
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego_gut View Post
I have always thought the same, if you play without "God's eye view" the Attack Map adds no extra value over the Navigation Map. However, SH3 has no functionality to add any of your suggestions I think. Currently, I am working in a new GUI that will get rid of the Attack Map and turn it into a realistic looking TDC. In this way, even if you play with map contacts you will not get that much information.


I must say though, that I will get rid of the TDC on the periscopes and uzo because I think it would be too much.



I will probably post a screenshot and a playable alpha to DGUI's thread soon.


Regards,
Diego
I really like that Idea.
SnipersHunter is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:40 PM   #9
diego_gut
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 119
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0


Default

Hello, I just posted an update here.


https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...247186&page=11
diego_gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:39 AM   #10
Onealex
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ukraine, Lviv
Posts: 587
Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0
Default

I think that Attack Map (F6) is needed in case when FAT/LUT torpedoes are used. We have to set angles and it is easy when you see it on the Attack Map (F6)
__________________
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo5...zBGh9MMkD8IebA
Onealex is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:58 PM   #11
diego_gut
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 119
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0


Default

I agree it is easier to set Fat/Lut torpedoes with the Attack Map but it is possible to do without it. Please see the rest of my comments on the other thread.


Regards
diego_gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:17 PM   #12
divemonkie
Sparky
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 154
Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego_gut View Post
Hello, I just posted an update here.


https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...247186&page=11
Thanks for the update.
Thats looking really good. I like this idea of having to move from scopes to weapons control, I think it'll be more realistic.
divemonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 05:30 AM   #13
Mister_M
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 117
Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by divemonkie View Post
Lately been playing more and enjoying Onealex SH 3.5 GWX Mod and full real ...no map contacts when I realized I've been playing entirely without the TDC Map screen. Relying only on my TDC in either attack scope or observation scope and letting the FISH fry where they swim. Started me thinking what do I need the TDC Map screen for?

What could be placed on that screen/page instead that would be of use to you?
Maybe a full TDC (looking historical) : https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=392
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.