Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-16-10, 08:52 PM   #1
Nitronen
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default T-34 vs. Tiger-"Unable to create logger"

Hi everybody!

Friend of mine is facing problems to start this game with Vista. After installing procedure, DX installer said it is not needed to install new DX files.

At gamestart he received message for missing mscv70blabla.dll and I sent it to him from my game folder. Then he get same message for dx9blalba.dll I fount it at my C/Windows folder, and send it to him also.

But, after all, he gets an "Unable to create logger" message when he try to start the game. So, we don't have clue what to do next? Is there someone who has simmilar issues?

Thanks for help!

Old 04-16-10, 09:36 PM   #2
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Frinik would know he's running vista.

Although the logger sounds like something to do with internet access.

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 01:27 AM   #3
Nitronen
Nub

Yeah, it may be also something related to log files
Nitronen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 06:50 PM   #4
U777
Medic

Downloads: 11

Did the issue get resolved? I have the same problem.
U777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 04:53 AM   #5
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default No Clue!

Sorry but I have no clue what your problem is!

I installed TvsT on 2 separate laptops equipped with Visa Home Premium and never had any issues.I just made sure to install Direct 9X C to avoid the infamous game error and I also made sure thta I had all the dll files that the game requires to work. I also have TvsT on my pc with Windows 7.It wouldn't load at first until I realised that Direct 9 X C had not been properly installed.No issues sicne.The game plays very well on all 3 .

I have found that TvsT is a very demanding and capricious game.Compared with other sims of the type it tends to crash frequently and demand that extra files be installed to work properly.That being said it works as well with Vista, XP or Windows 7.The OS is not an issue except when it comes to installing mods because Vista required administrator's rights.The issues are your computer or laptop minimum specs( both cpu and gpu) and ensuring that all the files required are present and installed properly installed.

As for your problem I am at a loss.I know that there's a registry which allows you to see the error messages and may give you a clue as to what happened. You can make a copy of the error messages and email them to Micrososft support and see what they have to tell you.An easier solution would be to delete your game make sure you erase every trace in your registry so that when you re-insall the game there won't be any conflict.Check the website dedicated to TvsT http://www.hitenter.co.uk/tvt which deals with the game and problem-solving.make sure you have the proper version of Direct X 9 installed (.I experienced a similar problem when installing the game Soldiers Heroes of World War II for my children.The game would crash with an error message.I went to the error messages log and found out that in addition to DirectX9 C I need also a DirectX 9 2.0 b file which was missing.I installed it and the game worked)

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote