SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-20, 11:36 AM   #721
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I'm afraid that if you don't have gamesave prior your friendly sinking your campaign is now effectively over... Be more careful next time.
I am wondering whether this a stock-game bug or the side effect of some mod? I seem to remember that New UIs or some other mod by TDW had something to do with it, but I am not 100% sure about that
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 05:34 AM   #722
Newinger
A-ganger

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0

I don't know if this is known, but I noticed that the text labels on the electrical engine in the interior are wrong. The labels seem to be related to Torpedo attacks, not anything engine related.
Newinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 09:47 AM   #723
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I seem to remember that New UIs or some other mod by TDW had something to do with it, but I am not 100% sure about that
Same here, but IIRC modders decided to keep that unexpected "feature" probably because in the stock game there weren't any penalties at all for friendly kills...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newinger View Post
I don't know if this is known, but I noticed that the text labels on the electrical engine in the interior are wrong. The labels seem to be related to Torpedo attacks, not anything engine related.
Noted, this is known problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrosperatus View Post
Hello!

I'm sorry for bothering you, I wish to ask, is teleporting to somewhere then leaving it unsafe?
Like in this video (I ended up in the water below the submarine upon leaving the observation periscope)?

It happens after 11:20 in the video - used official installer from mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dpd...1ycn/TWoS_v2.2 , version 2.2.20, installer has been uploaded on 2020.11.28.
:

Or do you think it happens because I use other mods too like Dark_Interior_V1 and RUSTED GLORY and EcoMod?

Thank you in advance and thank you for developing TWoS.
Camera glitches are "normal" in SH5 to say so. Stock Shift+U "unstuck" command have been added especially for situations like that...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 10:00 AM   #724
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrosperatus View Post

Thank you very much for the information.
Happy hunting!
Old 11-30-20, 01:34 PM   #725
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Same here, but IIRC modders decided to keep that unexpected "feature" probably because in the stock game there weren't any penalties at all for friendly kills...
Isn't reward penalty a thing?
Old 11-30-20, 02:07 PM   #726
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Isn't reward penalty a thing?
Not really IMO since torpedoes are mostly - free. Player technically doesn't need any renown to play campaign normally...

I remember that In SH3/4 if you kill friendly unit your campaign will be ended when you get back to port. This is how it should be...Was it like that in stock SH5, I really wouldn't know...
Old 11-30-20, 05:00 PM   #727
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Was it like that in stock SH5, I really wouldn't know...

Actually, in my younger years of playing vanilla SH5, everytime I left Lorient or some other harbor, I would always sink a friendly submarine or vessel just for kicks. I never received any penalty that I can recall of. Though maybe my game crashing every time I pressed "K" for the captains log was a punishment of sorts.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 08:27 PM   #728
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Not really IMO since torpedoes are mostly - free. Player technically doesn't need any renown to play campaign normally...

I remember that In SH3/4 if you kill friendly unit your campaign will be ended when you get back to port. This is how it should be...Was it like that in stock SH5, I really wouldn't know...
Well, yes and no.

For sure killing a friendly ship shouldn't candidate you for the iron cross, but on uboat.net there are several accounts of this having actually happened. In most cases, the friendly victim had incurred in one or more infractions which had made her a valid target, but there are a few cases where the attack was the result of mere mistake on the U-boat side. IIRC, in those cases the captains were ordered to falsify their log of the "problematic" sinking, and their career continued as if nothing had happened. During WWII, U-bootwaffe captains were too a rare resource for kicking them off due to a blunder, however tragic or embarrassing that was

As far as the game goes, I think that an heavy renown penalty would be a much fairer and more realistic penalty than... a shortcut to the desktop and possible career end lol. IIRC in some cfg file there are renown multipliers for the killing of enemy, neutral and friendly units but, since we don't know what makes the game to crash when neutral or friendly ships are sunk, my remarks here are purely speculative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Actually, in my younger years of playing vanilla SH5, everytime I left Lorient or some other harbor, I would always sink a friendly submarine or vessel just for kicks. I never received any penalty that I can recall of. Though maybe my game crashing every time I pressed "K" for the captains log was a punishment of sorts.
Old 11-30-20, 09:12 PM   #729
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Well, yes and no.

For sure killing a friendly ship shouldn't candidate you for the iron cross, but on uboat.net there are several accounts of this having actually happened. In most cases, the friendly victim had incurred in one or more infractions which had made her a valid target, but there are a few cases where the attack was the result of mere mistake on the U-boat side. IIRC, in those cases the captains were ordered to falsify their log of the "problematic" sinking, and their career continued as if nothing had happened. During WWII, U-bootwaffe captains were too a rare resource for kicking them off due to a blunder, however tragic or embarrassing that was

As far as the game goes, I think that an heavy renown penalty would be a much fairer and more realistic penalty than... a shortcut to the desktop and possible career end lol. IIRC in some cfg file there are renown multipliers for the killing of enemy, neutral and friendly units but, since we don't know what makes the game to crash when neutral or friendly ships are sunk, my remarks here are purely speculative...

Well I know what would I want to make, something like friendly kill - a warning, second - another warning and third kill- court martial and the end of career. Unfortunately, as far as I know this is not possible in SH5.
Old 12-01-20, 06:18 AM   #730
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Well I know what would I want to make, something like friendly kill - a warning, second - another warning and third kill- court martial and the end of career. Unfortunately, as far as I know this is not possible in SH5.
Oh, that would be very nice indeed, but I am afraid that it places us in the field of daydreaming. The maximum I can imagine - and I am not even sure that it can be done - is narrowing down the "friendly sinking ctd" bug and trying to fix it.

After the removal of tonnage requirements, TWoS campaign is heavily based on renown. Indeed, deck gun shells and the most basic torpedo types don't cost any renown. That's fair, as there would be no point in sending a toothless steel wolf out in the ocean. Nonetheless, the most advanced equipment is not cheap and, IIRC, even the assignment of new U-boat commands is based in part on the renown of each captain. Loosing a conspicuous part of their hard earned renown, thus being condemned not to use the newest technology advancements for a long while, would be an harsh enough punishment for our inattentive comrades to induce them not to repeat twice the same mistake
Old 12-01-20, 06:42 AM   #731
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

I recently attacked a small convoy of two destroyers, a tanker, and a troopship, all travelling at 14 knots in March-April 1941. I sank the troopship, but the destroyers completely ignored me. Is this normal?
Old 12-01-20, 12:25 PM   #732
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
I recently attacked a small convoy of two destroyers, a tanker, and a troopship, all travelling at 14 knots in March-April 1941. I sank the troopship, but the destroyers completely ignored me. Is this normal?
TWoS version? I would need a gamesave if possible.

Was it American destroyer? It could be special destroyer from the 'replenishment' category which I created in order to avoid some convoy leader related CTDs. Basically it's a destroyer with merchant AI which will only engage targets with guns if visually detected. They are quite rare though...

Last edited by vdr1981; 12-01-20 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-06-20, 12:35 PM   #733
everestqqq
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 0
Default Help with SH5 instalation

OS Windows7/64
SH5 steam version
Stock game 1.2 not runing
How disable automatic game updates in Ubisoft Connect application ?
Error1
Th!
everestqqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 01:59 PM   #734
gap
Navy Seal

everestqqq welcome
Old 12-07-20, 02:33 PM   #735
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by everestqqq View Post
OS Windows7/64
SH5 steam version
Stock game 1.2 not runing
How disable automatic game updates in Ubisoft Connect application ?
Error1
Th!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ru57...tions.pdf/file