SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-09-12, 12:29 PM   #196
Moellinger
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGOSTINO View Post
As of today, what is the correct installation sequence, and what are the files to download, for having "The Battle for the Baltic" in English?

Thank you in advance!!!!
SOM Group released a new version of the mod quiet a long time ago.
You can download this version 1.3 here http://narod.ru/disk/17820962001/Bal....03.1.rar.html

Link is taken from here http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=60210

With this version you do not need all the patches and fixes anymore.
Additional files are:

BFB Nomograph + Plotter - adds what it says
Russian Crew Voice - crew onboard speaks in russian language
Russian_interface_wip15 - adds russian crew portraits and removes the american ones
BFB soviet captain office - a soviet like office when you are in harbour
BFB rough crew uniforms - black uniforms for your sailors. Removes the american ones
BFB English Campaign v2 - game menu, mission orders and torpedo data are in english.

Note: The english translation is far away from beeing done. Most parts of the mod, like radio messages, names on the maps and so on, are still only shown in russian language.
All recomended files are found in this thread, altough I do not know, if all links are still working, since we haven't heard anything new from the modders quiet a while and the project seems to be not to move on.
Moellinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 08:46 AM   #197
---Dagon---
Watch

Downloads: 21

Brewster

This mod is not about WW1. Here, the events of 1941-1945 (WW2). In Russia, World War II was called the Great Patriotic War (July 22, 1941 - May 9, 1945) which was part of World War 2. According to this mod and was named the Great War. That fully meets the perception of the Russian-speaking community mod.
Old 02-11-12, 12:03 PM   #198
AGOSTINO
Watch

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---Dagon--- View Post
Brewster

This mod is not about WW1. Here, the events of 1941-1945 (WW2). In Russia, World War II was called the Great Patriotic War (July 22, 1941 - May 9, 1945) which was part of World War 2. According to this mod and was named the Great War. That fully meets the perception of the Russian-speaking community mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moellinger View Post
SOM Group released a new version of the mod quiet a long time ago.
You can download this version 1.3 here http://narod.ru/disk/17820962001/Bal....03.1.rar.html

Link is taken from here http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=60210

With this version you do not need all the patches and fixes anymore.
Additional files are:

BFB Nomograph + Plotter - adds what it says
Russian Crew Voice - crew onboard speaks in russian language
Russian_interface_wip15 - adds russian crew portraits and removes the american ones
BFB soviet captain office - a soviet like office when you are in harbour
BFB rough crew uniforms - black uniforms for your sailors. Removes the american ones
BFB English Campaign v2 - game menu, mission orders and torpedo data are in english.

Note: The english translation is far away from beeing done. Most parts of the mod, like radio messages, names on the maps and so on, are still only shown in russian language.
All recomended files are found in this thread, altough I do not know, if all links are still working, since we haven't heard anything new from the modders quiet a while and the project seems to be not to move on.
Thanks infinitely!!!
AGOSTINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 06:35 PM   #199
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Be careful what you click on that download page if you leave that box checked it gives you something called YanderbarChrome.msi suspect if you un check the box it gives you the actual file .You need to translate the page into English before trying to download.

OK after downloading the file unzips as some sort of program app no files I am not running that app I have no idea what it is but I am treating it as suspect why is is not
appearing as files like everyone else? even though it passes a virus scan.

I do not trust this.If this is the only place to get the files needed to play the mod then I will pass.

Could one of the Russians that is a member here and worked on the mod please post all of the files needed for this mod on Subsims download section? I would find that much more trust worthy
and have them unzip into normal files as well I simply do not trust some executable app sorry.

Last edited by Stealhead; 02-26-12 at 07:33 PM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 05:21 PM   #200
Klaus
Officer

Downloads: 614

ha had no viruses or other problems, you can use it
for who's have win7/64 (like me ) : the program will auto install mod in
windir\program files\ubisoft\sh4\battle for the baltic\mods, you must copy and put it at his place, in program files(x86) etc., don't have option for choice installation path at setup
and is in russian
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 08:18 PM   #201
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Downloads: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
Be careful what you click on that download page if you leave that box checked it gives you something called YanderbarChrome.msi suspect if you un check the box it gives you the actual file .You need to translate the page into English before trying to download.

OK after downloading the file unzips as some sort of program app no files I am not running that app I have no idea what it is but I am treating it as suspect why is is not
appearing as files like everyone else? even though it passes a virus scan.

I do not trust this.If this is the only place to get the files needed to play the mod then I will pass.

Could one of the Russians that is a member here and worked on the mod please post all of the files needed for this mod on Subsims download section? I would find that much more trust worthy
and have them unzip into normal files as well I simply do not trust some executable app sorry.
Soon I will give you the link above to download. Versions: Baltic Sea War v_1.03.2 (The English version without any cables but with English enterfeysom) It will include everything at once an installer.
Yours SOM Group
Old 03-05-12, 05:19 PM   #202
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmanandre View Post
Soon I will give you the link above to download. Versions: Baltic Sea War v_1.03.2 (The English version without any cables but with English enterfeysom) It will include everything at once an installer.
Yours SOM Group
Hi Hotmanandre.
What do you mean by "without any cables" - Mine cables perhaps? Is enterfeysom another word for Russian to English translations where needed? Are the major changes between Baltic Sea War v_1.03 and Baltic Sea War v_1.03.2? stated in the Baltic Sea War v_1.03.2 mod documentation?
Thanks.
Mike
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 07:49 PM   #203
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Hi Hotmanandre.
What do you mean by "without any cables" - Mine cables perhaps? Is enterfeysom another word for Russian to English translations where needed? Are the major changes between Baltic Sea War v_1.03 and Baltic Sea War v_1.03.2? stated in the Baltic Sea War v_1.03.2 mod documentation?
Thanks.
Mike
The new version fixed all the bugs. At this point, translating the telegram, but will need some help in correcting errors, as I translate with the help of an interpreter.
Thanks.
Andre
Old 03-06-12, 01:48 PM   #204
liliput
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Hi Hotmanandre.
What do you mean by "without any cables" - Mine cables perhaps? Is enterfeysom another word for Russian to English translations where needed?
Mike
"without any cables" means without (translated into English) radio messages, "English enterfeysom" stands for English UI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmanandre View Post
...The new version fixed all the bugs...
i think it's a very strong statement
liliput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 10:13 PM   #205
yamatowar
Mate

Location: Lampa,Santiago,Chile,South America, Earth, Solar System, Sagittarius Arm, Milky way
Downloads: 217

how can i lay mines in BFTB?
yamatowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 09:22 PM   #206
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamatowar View Post
how can i lay mines in BFTB?
I think only the "Lembit" sub can lay the, but they are like torpedoes, just don't release them from the frontal tubes.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 08:27 AM   #207
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Battle of the Baltic is closed officially. Due to the release of the addon Soviet Waterway which includes the Baltic theater of hostilities.

P.S. We need people who can help verify the true test file to English. Since going through google translate Google

Who still wants to help me with a translation addon, please contact me

with respect SOM Group
Old 07-01-12, 04:05 AM   #208
U570
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Molotov View Post
Any idea if they are planning to make German or Finnish sides playable?
I am creating a Finnish Campaign for SH3, if that interests you.
After starting my British Campaign, I decided it would be good to have a whole Atlantic and Baltic Campaign Mod (AABCM) series. So far, I have Britain and Finland under construction, Latvia and a few more, including the US.

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along,
understand each other and work well together"- Anon
U570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 12:37 PM   #209
liliput
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

In case some of you guys know Russian, you can join to the "open beta test" of the Soviet Waterway add-on (literal translation), BfB sequel. Here is the link: http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=76423 Download installer and run it, choose your OS and game root folder (game folder should be detected automatically), press install, activate it via JSGME. We haven't tested the mod with other mods, so activate them on your own risk. In spite of the installer is in Russian, it should be pretty clear what you need to do.
Briefly about some features:
- new campaign,
- new highly detailed M class submarine (type M VI-bis series, learn more),
- new locations, ships etc.
liliput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 04:01 AM   #210
Moellinger
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliput View Post
In case some of you guys know Russian, you can join to the "open beta test" of the Soviet Waterway add-on (literal translation), BfB sequel. Here is the link: http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=76423 Download installer and run it, choose your OS and game root folder (game folder should be detected automatically), press install, activate it via JSGME. We haven't tested the mod with other mods, so activate them on your own risk. In spite of the installer is in Russian, it should be pretty clear what you need to do.
Briefly about some features:
- new campaign,
- new highly detailed M class submarine (type M VI-bis series, learn more),
- new locations, ships etc.

I'am afraid the posted link to the russian forum is dead now.
Some days ago it worked fine. Now i wanted to try out the "new" version of this mod, even it may be in russian language, but the link is dead.
Could someone of the russian modders fix the problem please?
Moellinger is offline   Reply With Quote