SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-21, 11:11 AM   #1
Deadmode
Watch

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedoes Too Deep

Hi All,

Recently coming back to this game after a long time away. Mod list is the image attached.

I'm finding that the depth adjustment in the F3 - Attack Scope screen will not move below 3m, whilst the F6 attack Map will. Regardless of which set of TDC controls I use and what depth I set, my torps travel way to deep and are about 2-3x the depth of a Coastal Freighter so just keep going right under everything I target.

Anyone got any ideas for a fix?
Attached Images
File Type: png SH3 Modlist.png (8.4 KB, 13 views)
Deadmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-21, 10:11 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmode View Post
Hi All,

Recently coming back to this game after a long time away. Mod list is the image attached.

I'm finding that the depth adjustment in the F3 - Attack Scope screen will not move below 3m, whilst the F6 attack Map will. Regardless of which set of TDC controls I use and what depth I set, my torps travel way to deep and are about 2-3x the depth of a Coastal Freighter so just keep going right under everything I target.

As I recall, GWX.. took & set the torp's to act as realistically as they could during the early phase of the war, until after... what the heck was that operation's name again... Weisenbung Rheinbung... any way, was round late '42.. maybe early '43, iirc... when they corrected the depth keeping issues they faced with early war torps... they never did overcome the issues efficiently what with the mag det trigger...

Also too, not knowing your set up in the options menu before heading out on patrol... but iirc is a tick mark box, for having the torps to have dud factor on... & as I also recall there is also SH3 Commanders, options setting that also factors in, if you select in it to run with malfunctions & sabotage, as well...

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Old 08-15-21, 10:12 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

As for the issue with the TDC... am sure some one more knowledgeable about that will be along to answer that...

I'll step aside & let them handle that...

M. M.

Old 08-17-21, 03:21 PM   #4
Deadmode
Watch

Downloads: 15

Thanks MM. I'll see how things go and see if I get any more anomalies that confirm if it could be duds in my tubes or a bug.
Deadmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 10:41 AM   #5
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmode View Post
Hi All,

1. Via your mod list, I'm assuming you're running GWX itself too ?
2. Don't run the merged campaign and late war sensors mods unless you're playing the game in the exact situations they address. See the manual for those details. For that matter, as shown in your mod list both of these mods are being overwrote by a later added mod too, thus causing even more potential problems. Any time a mod in the list is grayed out, something is overwriting it, whether one wants that to be happening or not.
3. The TKSS mods can be problematic.
4. The 3m torpedo limit is because your game is set up that way in the game files. I.e., nothing is broke in that regard but chances are the usual file that controls this function is being overwrote per above.
Old 08-18-21, 11:53 AM   #6
diego_gut
Soundman

Downloads: 25

Hello,

I know about the TDC bug you mention, I have it in my todo list for DGUI v1.6. I am doing some other stuff first so it will take 2 or 3 weeks.

If you can't wait, you have to fix the dials on the optical stations ( on dials.cfg) and just copy how they are on the Attack Map.

Regards,
Diego
diego_gut is offline   Reply With Quote