SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-12-21, 04:51 AM   #1
Chicken Man
Watch

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedo disappears upon hitting ship

I installed this game again after not playing it for a few months and i started a GWX 1939 campaign with a IIA.I found a lone british large merchant north of the Netherlands and l fired 2 torpedoes,both of them hit but they didn't explode.And they aren't duds,because they did hit,i could hear the explosion and it did say "torpedo impact".After that she kept sailing as if nothing happened. I tested this with other u-boats and their torpedoes also do not work.I'm sure this has something to do with my mods,as vanilla GWX works.Here are the mods in their JGSME order.

-Mep v6
-Optional - FSF for Mep v6
-Mep v6 visual sensors for GWX3
-TKSS18 german u-boats compilation
-FixAllSubGWX
-Rics_gwx_rec_man_final
-Rapt0r's uniforms V2.0 [grey]
-Rapt0r's uniforms V2.0 [grey-all leather] patch
-GWX axis med aircraft skins
-gwx- alternate loadscreen - full circle
-Supplement to V16BI (JGSME)

And i have SH3 Commander
I also had enchanced damage effects but i disabled it because i thought it was the reason but they still don't explode,so that isn't the reason,and i also had optional-ship vanishing hull for MEP V6,which i also tried removing but it still didn't work.To be honest i have no idea what this and FSF for mep v6 do,i just installed them for the sake of it.
As well as these i have this resolution fix:
https://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=56816
And another question not linked to this problem,would the other gwx mods like open hatch mod,late war snorkel antennas,merged campaign,and integrated orders work with these mods? I know that with vanilla gwx they do but i'm not sure if they will with these.
Chicken Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 05:57 AM   #2
Chicken Man
Watch

Ok i tried the torpedo training mission and i saw that after 2 torpedoes hit a tramp steamer she did sunk,so i guess they do damage to ships but when i played with the IIA i didn't realise this since the large merchant kept sailing as normal,and there wasn't any hint that she was damaged.I'm going to keep messing around with the mods and maybe it will work.
Old 08-12-21, 11:08 AM   #3
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Torpedoes can also bounce of because of a weird angle on the hull. Doesn't necessarily mean they are duds. They can explode but do minimal damage. But I don't know your mods very well so can't vouch for it being an ok setup.
Old 08-12-21, 01:43 PM   #4
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Man View Post
I installed this game again after not playing it for a few months and i started a GWX 1939 campaign with a IIA.I found a lone british large merchant north of the Netherlands and l fired 2 torpedoes,both of them hit but they didn't explode.And they aren't duds,because they did hit,i could hear the explosion and it did say "torpedo impact".After that she kept sailing as if nothing happened. I tested this with other u-boats and their torpedoes also do not work.I'm sure this has something to do with my mods,as vanilla GWX works.Here are the mods in their JGSME order.

-Mep v6
-Optional - FSF for Mep v6
-Mep v6 visual sensors for GWX3
-TKSS18 german u-boats compilation
-FixAllSubGWX
-Rics_gwx_rec_man_final
-Rapt0r's uniforms V2.0 [grey]
-Rapt0r's uniforms V2.0 [grey-all leather] patch
-GWX axis med aircraft skins
-gwx- alternate loadscreen - full circle
-Supplement to V16BI (JGSME)

And i have SH3 Commander
I also had enchanced damage effects but i disabled it because i thought it was the reason but they still don't explode,so that isn't the reason,and i also had optional-ship vanishing hull for MEP V6,which i also tried removing but it still didn't work.To be honest i have no idea what this and FSF for mep v6 do,i just installed them for the sake of it.
As well as these i have this resolution fix:
https://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=56816
And another question not linked to this problem,would the other gwx mods like open hatch mod,late war snorkel antennas,merged campaign,and integrated orders work with these mods? I know that with vanilla gwx they do but i'm not sure if they will with these.

I see you have GUC listed as one of your mods in use. Please be aware that GUC is not a complete mod and has some things missing and needs to be updated. Read the post and look at the posts above and below for additional info.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...6&postcount=71

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 02:01 PM   #5
Chicken Man
Watch

I finally got it work,i just had to change the mod order.
-rapt0r's uniforms grey
-rapt0r's uniforms grey leather
-MEP V6
-optional ship vanishing hull for mep v6
-optional fsf for mepv6
-tkss18 german u-boats compilation
-fix all sub gwx
-ricks gwx rec man final
-mep v6 visual sensors for gwx3
-gwx integrated orders
-supplement to v16b1 (jgsme)

And another thing not linked to this thread,i had problems with the supplement to v16b1,after sending status report BDU sent empty messages.I think this only happens with commander,so in case anyone sees this thread and has that problem here is the fix.Put this text at the end of the Static Settings.cfg (SH3 Commander/Cfg/Static settings.cfg).Thank you Anvar1061.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...1&postcount=72
Old 08-13-21, 11:26 AM   #6
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Man View Post
Thank you Anvar1061.