SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-02-21, 07:34 PM   #1
Colin Campbell
Nub

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default restock torpedoes thru config files?

Hi guys,

this has probably been asked before, but on a mission in 1940 have been out six weeks (a day and a half in real time) and have sunk a mixed bag of small vessels and a couple of C2's and a C3.

Have two torpedoes left and a Convoy has popped up nearby. Rather than just sail away (deck gun ammo depeleted, last boat I sunk with it was with star shells LOL).

Can the patrol files be altered to restock the ammo in the boat. Wouldn't there be a config file that one could alter to restock. Or have they hidden it so its not possible. Normally I'd just have a go with the two left over torpedoes and pack it in, but this has been one looooong patrol.
Colin Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 08:44 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Campbell View Post
Hi guys,

this has probably been asked before, but on a mission in 1940 have been out six weeks (a day and a half in real time) and have sunk a mixed bag of small vessels and a couple of C2's and a C3.

Have two torpedoes left and a Convoy has popped up nearby. Rather than just sail away (deck gun ammo depeleted, last boat I sunk with it was with star shells LOL).

Can the patrol files be altered to restock the ammo in the boat. Wouldn't there be a config file that one could alter to restock. Or have they hidden it so its not possible. Normally I'd just have a go with the two left over torpedoes and pack it in, but this has been one looooong patrol.
Knowing that the boys who served on subs back then... didn't have a config file to alter... Yeah, if you're not concerned with realistic settings... I supposed it could be done... I think, but... am NOT going to hold 100% confidence on that... am sure that another who knows more on that, will be along to answer that query, better & in more detail...

M. M.

Old 08-02-21, 09:42 PM   #3
Colin Campbell
Nub

Downloads: 7

ahh! not sure I have the patience to even wait for a reply after a few hours, but have kept a save to revert to if the torpedoes can be restocked. So I'm parked in line with the convoy thats about 6km out and approaching, dark overcast sky. I'll let the torpedoes go (found I had three left) and get the hell out of dodge.

Will watch for a response to the query as its a helluva handy thing to be able to call on when you've invested a long time into a patrol.

Yep, went the "realistic" path, but took out a friendly swinging back and forth between aft and fore tubes and trying to position for distance. Had forgot about the friendlies in the early convoys.

Last edited by Colin Campbell; 08-02-21 at 10:03 PM.
Colin Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote