SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT > UBOAT Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-21-19, 07:59 AM   #1
CapitaCatalunya
Watch

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 0
Default Will modding allow for modifying the current submarine/ creating new ones?

A pretty straightforward question that I hope doesn't make anyone angry. Personally I love the game, I think it has tremendous potential and the updates so far have been great. Today I just saw that the promised modding tools have been released so I wondered if creating new subs and/modifying the current one is possible for modders?

Basically, will be able to see a type IX or maybe even (don't kill me) a type XXI? Maybe even non german subs (italian, romanian or japanese?)

thanks a lot guys and wathever the answer may be, keep it up
CapitaCatalunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 08:06 AM   #2
nihilcat
UBOOT Dev

Downloads: 1

Hi,

Technically it's possible (anything should be doable one way or another), although base game code currently doesn't support such feature and it may be very difficult to mod such a thing in.

Having that said, we are going to implement a support for that sooner or later. We will probably start with Type VIIB, because having this submarines class in the game would allow us to create scenarios that start in 1939.

While it won't be much, it will open a clear path to create such mods.
nihilcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 08:14 AM   #3
CapitaCatalunya
Watch

Downloads: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihilcat View Post
Hi,

Technically it's possible (anything should be doable one way or another), although base game code currently doesn't support such feature and it may be very difficult to mod such a thing in.

Having that said, we are going to implement a support for that sooner or later. We will probably start with Type VIIB, because having this submarines class in the game would allow us to create scenarios that start in 1939.

well, modders made miracles with the Silent Hunter series and that ones weren't half as open with mod tools as Uboat is so I have high hopes for it. You just made my day
CapitaCatalunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 01:12 AM   #4
Nickolia522
Nub

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihilcat View Post
Hi,

Does this mean the Type VIIB will be an example mod like Saint-Nazaire, and then eventually integrated in an update? And does this is also mean that future German subs will be strictly mods from there on out, or at least mods until they are integrated by Deep Water Studios? I'm kind of interested to see how modding will shape the future of the game when it comes to playable subs, especially if Deep Water Studios goes on to create other playable factions like they had mentioned back in their Kickstarter days.
Nickolia522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 10:56 AM   #5
The Milkman
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 69

Devs I really wish you would consider doing a type IX. The type VIIB is almost and easy copy and paste from the VIIC for interior.

I would have no problems paying $20 for a type IX submarine as DLC.

You guys have started something that has extreme potential to be the first and last WW2 uboat game anyone would ever need. Please dont stop short with it. I think the steam $20 price tag you have for the game is to low already.

SH5 didnt have anything else in it other than the VIIC and thats what left alot of people feel short handed.

I love the game and what you have done already is phenomenal. Thank you for all your hard work. The game is amazing!!!