SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Pirates & Sailing Ships
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-09, 05:42 AM   #16
Kloef
Weps

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

East india company is a nice game..

(sorry for reposting but i guess people like to use half page long quotes and answer with one line of text,thereby overshadowing productive replies)

http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/

Last edited by Kloef; 08-10-09 at 05:55 AM.
Kloef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 08:57 AM   #17
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

I think EIC is a pretty weak effort. It promised to be fun but got boring after some hours. You should wait for my review which will appear in some days.

EDIT: my EIC review

Last edited by GlobalExplorer; 01-18-10 at 02:37 PM.
GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 11:44 AM   #18
Woof1701
Commodore

Downloads: 9

Although the game is rather old (2004), I really liked "Port Royale 2" by the German software company Ascaron. Although I have no idea whether it was sold internationally I can really recommend it: trade, fights, missions, pirate hunting, becoming a pirate, building your own town. There are a lot of opportunities. In Germany the game is still available as a budget version for 5,-€
Woof1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 09:48 AM   #19
Snow White Sorrow
Sailor man

Downloads: 0

Have played and contributed to the New Horizons expansion for POTC (based in www.piratesahoy.net). I didn't care to touch titles like EIC for their bad reviews.

I'd rather take a heavily modded ancient (openended) game and hammer it into my liking than to shell out $50 for some half finished crap.

Port Royale and Patrician impress me with their economic systems and I play them for the managerial challenge. For actual AoS naval combat action, New Horizons.
Old 03-04-10, 05:04 AM   #20
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Location: Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Downloads: 22

Look on the bright side guys, at least the pirate genre isn't as dead as modern naval sims, I'll tell you that much. When was the last pirate game released, and when was the last modern naval sim released?
Kaye T. Bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 03:43 PM   #21
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

I recently discovered Civ IV Colonization and it is very good. They kept the gameplay from the original and added very nice graphics and sound. This turned out to be one of the best games similar to Pirates I ever played. What a surprise, for I dislike the cartoon style in Civ4, and i didn't expect anything from it. A few mods are in order to full enjoyment, however, like Origins (brings Colonization 2 much more closer to the original), and I also had to do some tweaks to taxation.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote